hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Destruction Testing the New Wardec System (Ganks Included)

Destruction Testing the New Wardec System (Ganks Included)

Okay here’s what I understand of the way wardecs work now with inferno. Entity X pays a fee to declare war against entity Y. This becomes a formal war. Entity Y has a couple of options at this point. It can:

a) Fight the war alone
    b) Call for allies to fight the war
    c) Offer a surrender to the aggressor

and

d) Double-down by declaring the war mutual.

Ways of finishing a war (again to my understanding)

1) Beat up the aggressor so they stop paying the war and the war ends (all allies go home)
    2) Get beaten up by the aggressor, offer a surrender that the aggressor accepts (all allies go home)
    3) Run away and hide so the aggressor gets bored and stops paying for the war anyway
    4)Disband alliance / corp etc and skulk off like a yellow dog

Now these all really give the aggressor a bit too much power to either pay or stop paying and thus control their own involvement in the war. The aggressor could even run away and keep paying just to save face before claiming an accidental “oops we forgot to pay concord this week :shrug:” style excuse

So to the more interesting option in the new system making a war mutual.

By the text of the Inferno war blog it seems that if the war fee is zero (as it will be in mutual war) then the aggressor can no longer just :shrug: and forget to pay the bill they are stuck in the war as long as the defender wants them to be. This means the aggressor would have to propose a surrender contract that is accepted by the defending entity (and would presumably have to be worth quite a bit!)

Now originally in the Inferno war blog they said they didn’t know what to do about allies in a mutual war and discussed having the allies drop and barred from joining if the war is made mutual – but it seems CCP thought the better of that option (which is good because otherwise there is a huge advantage for a large power deccing a smaller one). I’ve tested making a war mutual, and adding allies to the war on top and the functionality works.

So to the destruction test of the new wardec system.

My alliance “The Star Fraction” has been wardecced by Goonswarm Federation. Presumably as part of Mittani’s “ministry of love/deathsquad” kneejerk against forum foes – but really the details don’t matter. Currently The Star Fraction is about 9000 members smaller than Goonswarm. The Goons have enough isk to maintain such a wardec for about ten million years so from their perspective would be eternal as long as they want it.

This didn’t sit well to my taste so I decided to make it mutual. This means the war is eternal unless they surrender to The Star Fraction. A surrender contract you can be assured will be widely publicised and circulated. The minimum sum we're likely to accept from Mittani for a surrender will be 5 billion isk per active ally we have at the time of the surrender but we promise to invite the heads of all allied corporations into a channel to discuss and vote on such terms and division of spoils across all allies - before they can be agreed.

We do however have a bit of a problem. We’re currently allied to the republic militias fighting against the Amarrian 24th Crusade and formally wardecced against both the Amarrian Imperium and the Caldari State – which rules our ships out of sensible combat options across the majority of hisec where the goons like the travel.

So we need more allies!

Our allies will get for the grand cost of “well nothing really” an enduring wardec with the largest alliance in Eve Online which will last as long as it takes for Mittani to offer a formal and expensive surrender to the Star Fraction.

I will accept all allied assistance offers as long as the contract is offered for free.

My ambition is to see hisec New Eden turned into an Inferno-scale grand war of Goonswarm Federation (9000 members) against 9000 heroic rag tag mercs, independents, vengeance-seeking ex victims, rival warlords, in fact anyone who wants to shoot Goons in high security space anywhere in new eden.

If this can be done it would mean more people would be on the books on the Goonswarm Federation vs New Eden (hosted by the Star Fraction) wardec than in Gallente vs Caldari faction war, and you have to admit that would be rather grand.

I’d like to test the system to this extent.
    I’d like to see if CCP planned for this kind of huge mutual all-encompassing wardec
    I’d like to see if it’s possible for an outfit that is initially 9100 v 100 outgunned can use the ally system to significantly even the odds.
    And I'd like to see if Eve's biggest organization can be hoisted on their own petard and humiliated by the wardec system.

So if you are interested in adding 9100 FREE wartargets to your hisec activities whatever they are then open the Wars dialogue in your corp management screen and search for “the star fraction” select the “Goonswarm Federation vs The Star Fraction” (mutual war) option only and offer assistance. If you make the offer zero isk I’ll accept it and welcome to the free war against the fattest target list in New Eden.

(Be aware, if your organization is ALREADY in a war or allied to a war against Goonswarm Federation I will not be able to accept your offer of assistance at this time.)

I'll keep the thread updated as heroic new allies join the struggle and bright acts of revolutionary violence are done against the regressive hulls of Goonswarm vessels.

TLDR.

If you want to kill Goons click corp/wars search "the star fraction" find "goonswarm federation vs the star fraction" click the the plus sword icon and send an offer for zero isk.

Profit.
    Last edited by Jade Constantine; June 8 2012 at 03:34:20 PM.

Nothing ever burns down by itself

Current Status of the War: 9th June 2012

Allies enlisted:

Next Era Dawn
    The Blacklist LTd.
    Spontaneous Castigation
    Pandora Cartel
    Kurst Security
    Envy.
    P I R A T
    We Help Noobs
    Ex Obscuritas
    Nocturnal Twins
    New Eden Lotto
    Unicorn Zero
    Kamikaze Tactics
    Pods Must Cry
    Iron Oxide.
    Kicking Smurfs
    I AM UGLY AND THIS MAKES ME ANGRY ALSO JUMP
    Freight Club [b](top goon killers so far!)[b]
    Tactical Nightmare
    PAX Interstellar Mercenary People
    Destruction Overload
    Moar Tears
    Hikage Corporation
    Corsairs.
    Electric Society
    Hostile Kids
    Dukes of Noobs

Results:

Revolutionary Space Fighters = 9455m isk and 38 ships blasted to bits.
    Statist Lickspittal Goons = 656m in snide counterattacks and 11 ships killed.
    3 yellow dog corporations have also jumped the goon ship.
    Last edited by Jade Constantine; June 9 2012 at 12:22:42 PM.

A. Having been involved in more than my fair share of "Wars" over the years against Star Fraction, I am sure this one will entail alot of truly epic words, massive fleets of words, and forum word battles to rival the greatest wordmageddons in history.

Surely to be followed by Jade's 'Crime & Punishment'-length dissertation of how the brave martyrs of freedom in Star Fraction achieved an epic and histroic victory against the tyranical forces of etc, etc, etc......

B. Don't we have a entire Forum for discussions of in-game Wars? And another for Recruitment?

C. Best of luck Jade. I really do miss having you folks in Provi. (Seriously, I should point out, no smack here, Provi was more interesting with UK and SF involved in it).
    Last edited by Alistair; June 8 2012 at 03:50:20 PM.

Donor
    I would absolutely join up with an alt if there was a way for an ally to LEAVE after a while. Right now once you join the war as an ally, you're stuck until the war is over (or you leave the corp). Really quite stupid on CCP's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    A. Having been involved in more than my fair share of "Wars" over the years against Star Fraction, I am sure this one will entail alot of truly epic words, massive fleets of words, and forum word battles to rival the greatest wordmageddons in history.

Surely to be followed by Jade's 'Crime & Punishment'-length dissertation of how the brave martyrs of freedom in Star Fraction achieved an epic and histroic victory against the tyranical forces of etc, etc, etc......

B. Don't we have a entire Forum for discussions of in-game Wars? And another for Recruitment?

C. Best of luck Jade. I really do miss having you folks in Provi.
    Well I don't actually have the rights to post in the wars forum it seems (I did try) and it seems a bit vague for recruitment. I'm happy for any mods to move it if they think its better somewhere else.

But I do think its an generally interesting test of the new system. Will be fascinating to see if CCP let it continue to work this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Griffin View Post
    I would absolutely join up with an alt if there was a way for an ally to LEAVE after a while. Right now once you join the war as an ally, you're stuck until the war is over (or you leave the corp). Really quite stupid on CCP's part.

yeah the work around to that would be for people to make something like a foreign legion alliance that joins the war then they could move corps in and out by joining and leaving that alliance.

I'd make one myself but my only character that can do alliance creation is Jade and I've never left JF / SF so would hate to fuck up my employment record.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    This is easily the best thing jade Constantine has ever done.

Edit: in b4 devswarm gets the dec mechanic changed to let them out of the war
    Last edited by Tyrus Tenebros; June 8 2012 at 04:18:24 PM.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

pod pilots

before joining this war i must urge you to consider which is the greater evil :

goonswarm posting

vs

jade constatine posting

No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games

FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post

Are you still drunk?

By the way, got my Naga home this morning after downtime. :P

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar

Are you still drunk?

I was drunk like... 2 days ago. Granted I was VERY drunk.

But no I just think killing goons is hilarious, and since Jade hasn't done very many good things, being the best isn't saying much
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Quote Originally Posted by filingo View Post
    pod pilots

before joining this war i must urge you to consider which is the greater evil :

goonswarm posting

vs

jade constatine posting

Yeah but the goons aren't offering a free war against (over) 9000 mooks

Are you still drunk?

But no I just think killing goons is hilarious, and since Jade hasn't done very many good things, being the best isn't saying much
    It was alot dude, was worried it might be carryover, complimenting Jade and all.....

...naaa, I actually like Jade, bloviating an all.

Hope she and SF poke the Goonies in the eye a few times before being crushed utterly and declaring their massive Star Fraction epic victory.

Are you still drunk?

It was alot dude, was worried it might be carryover, complimenting Jade and all.....

...naaa, I actually like Jade, bloviating an all.

Hope she and SF poke the Goonies in the eye a few times before being crushed utterly and declaring their massive Star Fraction epic victory.
    It won't be so much a Star Fraction victory as a victory for all the heroic allies and the new wardec system. Our role in all this is more as hosts for the wardec and admin in getting people in. As discussed in the main post we've got a bit of a problem at the moment as we can't even go to jita because of faction warfare...

jade is posting again \o/
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    jade is posting again \o/
    /o\
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

What is the history why mittens does not like you Jade. I mean outside the usual stuff everyone else hates you for.

Hate is a strong word.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    What is the history why mittens does not like you Jade. I mean outside the usual stuff everyone else hates you for.
    I think basically he's an internet meglomaniac who instinctively loathes anyone who doesn't worship him.

Pretty much as simple as that.

I approve of this, screw goons.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Well, I'm pretty sure I could create an alliance for just this if there is enough interest. Join when you want and leave when you want. No questions asked. RvB meets faction warfare?