hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2277

Thread: WoW or Nost Was Right or something

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    Also Benediction questline will be available again as well as hunter Rokh’delar (sp?) questline complete with them raging at people trying to help them kill the demons.
    Got Anathema/Benediction on my priest way before they removed it on the main servers. It was my go-to transmog whilst I was still playing, lovely looking.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    Also Benediction questline will be available again as well as hunter Rokh’delar (sp?) questline complete with them raging at people trying to help them kill the demons.
    Got Anathema/Benediction on my priest way before they removed it on the main servers. It was my go-to transmog whilst I was still playing, lovely looking.
    Yeah, had it myself back in Vanilla, was quite a good questline from what I remember, although that was a long time ago. Used to make you a major target in BGs as you’d got bugger all cc/offensive spells...
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

WoW Classic goes live in 15 hours.

Do people actually care though?

I never played wow, but seems to me, most people will jump on it, figure out that its unironical 2003 levels of grind/repetitive gameplay after half an hour and then stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post

I never played wow, but seems to me, most people will jump on it, figure out that its unironical 2003 levels of grind/repetitive gameplay after half an hour and then stop playing
    Give it 3 weeks and people will start posting WotLK when, bring dungeon finder back etc.

It is a case of been there done that, the hype reflects the state of the current game tbfh.

Current game is fine for what it is, which isn't an RPG but more an amusement park ride for casual + e-sports for others.

Nothing like what Classic was. Played Vanilla from near-on the start, looking forward to playing Classic. Beta was alot of fun going back to when it was far more social, harder (relative term for EVE players, lol) and more "RPG'ish".

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

Give it 3 weeks and people will start posting WotLK when, bring dungeon finder back etc.
    People are already asking for TBC after phase 6. Sounds like Blizz wants to do Classic or "Classic+" ie: keeping the story line and level cap as it is but introducing new content and zones (Gilneas, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

People are already asking for TBC after phase 6. Sounds like Blizz wants to do Classic or "Classic+" ie: keeping the story line and level cap as it is but introducing new content and zones (Gilneas, etc)
    The discussions about what comes next have been going on basically since they announced Classic. Devs have said they're open to both of those options, personally I think people are going to come down on having TBC and Wrath as options but that being the end of the "classic" era.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

I would assume that the real classic crowd (the people who will be still playing in three months) would consider any expansion release to ruin the game all over again. I have rosy memories of BC, because thats when i started playing, and WOTLK when i was getting into raiding, but thats not really what classic is about, is it?

If they can support what amounts to basically a fork, and add more stuff at the 60 level cap, thats the way to go. Doubt its economically viable tho, and im just watching from the sidelines anyways since the days of grinding mmos are past.

I'd be happy with a years-long "seasonal" approach where you can go through vanilla/tbc/wotlk or something like that. You can have leaderboards for the first people to level cap or server firsts or fastest leveling time or something competitive like that.

I really just wanna go through all the content up to wotlk, if I were going to go back to playing wow.

Realm wait queues are now ranging above 24,000 players (roughly a 17 hour wait queue) on Whitemane. Even the lowest pop PvP servers are 4k+/over an hour.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are 400,000 or so people waiting to login across just the north american server pool.

Good to see Blizzard's dedication to recreating the Classic Wow experience extends to fucking up the launch.

Ah the Memories. Poor Hogger just went through his PTSD after years of counseling and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Realm wait queues are now ranging above 24,000 players (roughly a 17 hour wait queue) on Whitemane. Even the lowest pop PvP servers are 4k+/over an hour.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are 400,000 or so people waiting to login across just the north american server pool.

Good to see Blizzard's dedication to recreating the Classic Wow experience extends to fucking up the launch.
    tbf i don't know how you deal with that number of people in a way where no one has to wait. once i got through the queue i found the server performance was good, and even when my client dc'd when i tried to turn on vsync i got right back in. it seems that the delay was mostly blizz spinning up layers and sorting people into them, which is actually pretty admirable.

Ass ass ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

tbf i don't know how you deal with that number of people in a way where no one has to wait. once i got through the queue i found the server performance was good, and even when my client dc'd when i tried to turn on vsync i got right back in. it seems that the delay was mostly blizz spinning up layers and sorting people into them, which is actually pretty admirable.
    Should have ran it on the old style servers for the proper experience tbfh.

It's practically 2020. We know how to handle millions of logins now. We also have databases that scale to support that.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

It's practically 2020. We know how to handle millions of logins now. We also have databases that scale to support that.
    would be interesting to ask the devs about, this project is a huge mashup of new structures with old data. i mean, if modernizing massive and massively profitable existing codebases was easy, everyone would do it, right?

Ass ass ass.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

To be fair blizzard does do that with current wow, shit scales wildly iirc.

I do wonder what kind of ungodly mess vanilla is though.

I'll be honest, WoW started declining with TBC in it's social aspect, which should be considered bad for an MMO. The main reasons were: flying mounts and cross-realm stuff. Flying mounts basically allowed people to avoid many types of interactions with other players and NPCs in the game, and it's what made vanilla so frustrating yet rich at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I'll be honest, WoW started declining with TBC in it's social aspect, which should be considered bad for an MMO. The main reasons were: flying mounts and cross-realm stuff. Flying mounts basically allowed people to avoid many types of interactions with other players and NPCs in the game, and it's what made vanilla so frustrating yet rich at the same time.
    Cross-realm stuff probably hurt worse than flying mounts did. Flying mounts were inevitable, and on NW TBC server I found the community interacted a lot with each other because there's a very small pool of ~2k players and zero cross-server or cross-faction. Cross-server means you're interacting with perpetual strangers by default, which doesn't foster a community.