hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 110 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW or How I learnt to love long login times...

WoW or How I learnt to love long login times...

Spoiler:
    Ok decided old thread was old and its time to start a anew.
    Old thread for reference is located here: World-of-Warcraft-or-how-this-clearly-isn-t-better-than-DayZ

We are currently (mostly) on Al'Akir EU Horde, I know some FHC'ers are on Kazzak and Magtheridon but for the most part we are all on Al'Akir (on that note move over everyone :3).

As I just bought this higher level guild (previous one was level 7...) we are still migrating people over to this guild although it should be in everyone's power to ginvite.
    Roles will be sorted out later but all FHC people will have access to the first tab at least until we sort a system, the first tab will be kept stocked with pots/flasks/food for everyone to use.
    Second tab will probably be used for people to deposit in if they feel like contributing to the guild although I won't make that a requirement as keeping the guild going is no real issue for me.

Notes on Al'Akir realm:

It's a PvP realm don't join if you are going to boohoo about being ganked, Horde outnumber Alliance by some fucking huge margin here but the few Alliance players are pretty adept at ganks and Orgrimmar has been hit a few times in the last week.
    Of course on the flip side getting For The Horde achivement is pretty easy with big groups hitting Alliance every week near enough.
    The realm AH is pretty stocked on Horde side (I do my bit), Alliance side is pretty dead though.

Anyone in the old guild has been gkicked so when you come back hit up anyone online in the guild by typing /who The Auspex Gathering
    Probably change the guild name at some point in MoP when its more active but its not exactly offensive to me at the moment.

Anyone with an old account that is pre CATA then ask for a Scroll of Resurrection before subbing again as you get a ton of cool rewards which are so far:

Any toon instantly leveled to 80 with some basic ilvl 232 gear and weapon along with 280% speed flying and the ability to fly around EK/Kalimdor and Northrend.
    Also you can choose to faction and/or realm change as well (realm change only to the same realm as who sent you the scroll though).
    Gives you a free chance to change your toons name and looks too obviously.
    You also get a free upgrade to CATA so no shelling out notes for that and you get 7 days free game time!

If you are starting from scratch with an entirely new account then please ask in this thread for a Recruit A Friend (RAF) invite as that will get you some bonuses like 300% increase to XP so you level silly quick, and the ability to summon your RAF buddy.
    Also with RAF you can grant levels to the person who RAF'd you.

At this time bear in mind its at the end of the expac so server numbers are down quite a bit and for the most part alot of FHC'ers aren't playing, how ever the few who are online are making sure we are ready for Mists of Pandaria so if you want to get leveled up before MoP hits post in this thread.

Good WoW guide sites:

Keybinding-Guide-World-of-Warcraft <--- Well worth looking at even if you don't think you will ever change your keybindings.

http://tarouwowguides.com/ <--- Handy guide for levelling profs and he sometimes gives useful hints on making gold, he's been playing MoP Beta a lot so has decent info although his voice is kinda whiny and annoying in his videos.

http://www.wowhuntershall.com/ <-- Pretty damn good site if you are a Hunter or thinking about rolling one.

http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2011/09...elpful-guides/ <-- Easy to read guides very handy if you are just starting out or even rolling a new class and want to learn priorities and stats.

Holy shit this is out of date, I'll update this shit soon.
    Last edited by Helen; November 13 2014 at 09:32:38 PM. Reason: Warlords of Dearfuckinggodthistakesagestologin

easily first and lol @ the panda fucking

good luck with your guild

replace talent trees? wat lol

is this xpac going to be good like lich king or bad like cata?

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    replace talent trees? wat lol

is this xpac going to be good like lich king or bad like cata?
    Well I've played a bit of Beta and honestly I'm not panda mad but some of the changes are good (unless you are a warlock...).

The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    may sor my second account and transfer across something dunno what yet!

also answer your whispers you big gay

This game still isn't better than Dayz.

Any games enriched by your absence, you big gay fruitbat

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Any games enriched by your absence, you big gay fruitbat
    haha + rep

I have a dude on Al'Akir, didn't know it was a FHC favorite. Does MoP do anything cool for Death Knights?

After my exams Helen can have my Hunter, I'll be looking for raids though so better get your ass in shape.

@Doomed Predator MoP death knights look quite good, though some of the talents seem much stronger than the others in that tier.

Speaking of dk's, I might roll one on Al'Akir since I cba to level from 1, though I already main a DK. Maybe I'll transfer a druid instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Off the top of my head we have koll rocking a shadow priest, chakrai with a blood/unholy dk and paladin.
    Delmare with a druid and I think warpath has a warrior and priest and last but not least cullnean with his dk.
    I've got as my mains a resto/enh shaman and blood/frost dk.
    Last edited by Helen; June 10 2012 at 08:14:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Off the top of my head we have koll rocking a shadow priest, chakrai with a blood/unholy dk and paladin.
    Delmare with a druid and I think warpath has a warrior and priest and last but not least cullnean with his dk.
    just to clarify, im delmare the druid

also ill be on for guild runs and or arenas tonight mate
    Last edited by cullnean; June 10 2012 at 09:01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    just to clarify, im delmare the druid

also ill be on for guild runs and or arenas tonight mate
    yeah im shit at keeping track of this, will put notes on people in guild so i remember...

Saving up for my gladiator staff, need to get some caster trinkets as well

Those with mop beta, can you tell if they have fucked rogues up yet or if its still worth rolling one over a cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy'eart View Post
    Those with mop beta, can you tell if they have fucked rogues up yet or if its still worth rolling one over a cat?
    Rogues are fine in beta.

Probably going to be out of play for a couple of weeks. Managed to melt my graphics card (playing fucking Eve for the first time in ages as well) and have got real world stuff to take care of anyway.

Although last time I played I managed to get Deathwing to glitch and we had to burn 300m of his HP down instead of doing the tentacle dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Even the Chinese bot says:

"Wise Dragon fears nothing
    But runs like fuck when psycho bitch sees the spiders"

Quote Originally Posted by Chakrai View Post
    Probably going to be out of play for a couple of weeks. Managed to melt my graphics card (playing fucking Eve for the first time in ages as well) and have got real world stuff to take care of anyway.

Although last time I played I managed to get Deathwing to glitch and we had to burn 300m of his HP down instead of doing the tentacle dance.
    Cool Chak we'll be here when you get back.

4/7 Guild runs done yesterday, major thanks to Cull for turning up as I can't triple box for shit.

No worries dude, priest and warrior from the guild hit 85 last night reckon we can do 1O man np now