So, the shitty notebook i used for gaming finally died and i decided to get a real pc this time and will attempt to build it myself (never done that before, besides swapping ram). I assembled a list with hardware components after comparing and reading reviews all day long, but am still not quite sure if those work together or if the price/benefit ratio is any good. PC will be used for playing 3x Eve on 2x 1080p screens (the one i already own only has dvi, the one i'm getting will have hdmi) and other recent games on 1 screen. Other use will be fraps, photoshop, movies, general office use and maybe some video editing. My budget is at 1000€ max.
Anyhow, the components:
cpu: i5-3450 168,90€ / i5-3550 184,90€ / i5-3570K 208,99€
mobo: MSI Z77A-G43 89€
ram: G.Skill DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-10667U CL9-9-9-24 (2x?) 31,87€/63,74€
ssd: Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 101,99€
hdd: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)
psu: be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 580W ATX 2.3 87,61€ / be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W ATX 2.3 78€
dvdwriter: LG Electronics GH24NS 15,48€
case: BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 - black 48,86€
all in all 688,97€ excluding graphics card (using the most expensive stuff on that list)
My questions are:
1. Which graphics card do i get? I'm torn between the gtx 560 ti and the gtx 570, and have no idea about all the different manufacturers. The gtx 570 are quite a bit more pricey, but also more future-proof, while the gtx 560 ti seems to be a nice card, but gets low ratings in benchmarks and comparisons. On the other hand, there seem to be versions of the 560 with 2gb vram, but the 570 only seems to get 1,25gb. Does that matter much?
2. Which of these 3 cpus do i want for my needs/not bottlenecking the gpu/overclocking? It appears that cpus that end in K are best for ocing? Yes, i considered getting a sandy bridge cpu, as suggested in the hardware guide thread, but with ivy bridge having similar prices it just seems pointless.
3. Is it already worth getting 16gb of ram or should i stick with 8gb? The ram kit consists of 2x 4gb sticks, so i got enough room to put in 2 kits.
4. Depending on the graphics card, is a 480w psu enough to run all this?
5. I mostly guessed/combined other setups while chosing those parts, will everything fit on the motherboard, and more importantly, will it fit inside the case?
6. Do i need any special screwdrivers or extensions for the cables when i want to assemble everything?
I'm sure i have more questions, but these are the ones that came to my mind while looking for parts. Flame on.