hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: CSM 7 Summer summit summary

CSM 7 Summer summit summary

http://twostep4csm.blogspot.com/2012...ne-summit.html

Just my personal thoughts and impressions from the summit.

+1, Informative
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Indeed. Nice write-up

Sent via highly charged bolt of electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    +1, Informative

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    +1, Informative
    Seleene also posted his summary here

Donor
    Great stuff, and it seems that CSM 7 is being very well received by CCP. I'm excited that POS changes are on the horizon - especially that they're throwing away all of the old code. I've heard a lot of horror stories about it; apparently it's one of those beasties that everyone is afraid to touch. : >

You know that whoever manages to pull off a good POS overhaul will be celebrated by all players till the end of time.

Nice write up Two Step.

This session was really constrained by time. We were joined by CCP Jian calling in from Shanghai, and got a really good outline of CCP's plans for how and when DUST and EVE will interact. There are still a lot of details to be ironed out, and this is a discussion that I am sure will continue for a while. I'm not sure how much of this session will end up being NDA'd, so I can't really get into details.
    See above, this is where Aleks went all boss-mode and talked about the flaws with the new wardec system. CCP was aware of most of them, and because they now are committing to iterate on stuff, they are already working on fixing the issues. This session went really smoothly, and was really good.
    From the perspective of a council member, does it worry you that these new features will go live by the end of the month? Words like details and iteration are getting tossed around again. Am I wrong in thinking that more features of Dust and the War/Treaty mechanics may be pushed back? I don't mention Incarna or FW as they fall into the perennial iteration list, but what of wormholes?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    This session was really constrained by time. We were joined by CCP Jian calling in from Shanghai, and got a really good outline of CCP's plans for how and when DUST and EVE will interact. There are still a lot of details to be ironed out, and this is a discussion that I am sure will continue for a while. I'm not sure how much of this session will end up being NDA'd, so I can't really get into details.
    See above, this is where Aleks went all boss-mode and talked about the flaws with the new wardec system. CCP was aware of most of them, and because they now are committing to iterate on stuff, they are already working on fixing the issues. This session went really smoothly, and was really good.
    From the perspective of a council member, does it worry you that these new features will go live by the end of the month? Words like details and iteration are getting tossed around again. Am I wrong in thinking that more features of Dust and the War/Treaty mechanics may be pushed back? I don't mention Incarna or FW as they fall into the perennial iteration list, but what of wormholes?
    Lol, end of month? Think end of year as the correct timeframe Dust/EVE integration.
    Need more speakers

Bah, no one falls for my trolls any more.

Any word on when we can expect the minutes? Or did they get released and I just missed it?

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight7 View Post
    Any word on when we can expect the minutes? Or did they get released and I just missed it?
    Trebor finished like 5 or so, the rest of the CSM are lazy fuckers who can't even unload some jizz on paper if their lives depended on it.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    can't even unload some jizz on paper
    inb4chribba

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

You can check up on our status in this post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=128423

If only you had a blog to post updates on.

Edit: Read EVE-O forums