hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    It never hurts (for me, a huge fan of Dick.....Phillip K.) when they compare their game ideals to Bladerunner.

Will watch and wait with excitement.

By the way, I never played the Witcher, was it good? If so, why?
    Not sure if serious... because PKD didn't call it Bladerunner.
    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Also, I didn't really get the visual vibe from the novel. The movie however, I can dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx Opet View Post
    No dragons, dwarves, or magic? Sign me up.
    + 15billions

Quote Originally Posted by Intigo View Post
    the combat system in the witchers was pretty terrible though
    Yepp, terrible. That's why I gave up on Witcher (1) after 45 mins or so and never tried it again, although everyone else is praising it.

I hate point&click combat in RPGs, that's what action titles are for, IMHO. Let me give orders to my char(s), let them do the hitting/casting stuff, let me pause the combat at any time and redo orders (like in DA:O and others).

Quote Originally Posted by Diicc Tater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    It never hurts (for me, a huge fan of Dick.....Phillip K.) when they compare their game ideals to Bladerunner.

Will watch and wait with excitement.

By the way, I never played the Witcher, was it good? If so, why?
    Not sure if serious... because PKD didn't call it Bladerunner.
    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Also, I didn't really get the visual vibe from the novel. The movie however, I can dig that.
    Well aye, of course.

Didn't think I needed to point out that DADoES was adapted into Bladerunner. I feel the source material shined through just fine, and the visual world they created was quite apropro to Dick's dystopian, technological and paranoid future vision.

In any event, point made, dystopian cyberpunk Dickian/Gibsonian/Bacigalupian setting is something I can strongly get behind in an RPG, if the gameplay and gameworld is big and fun to expereience.

CP2020 is a great choice for an RPG. Surely it will be based in Night City.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by hXc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by omeg View Post
    Hnnngh. Want.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Is it CP2020 it will be based on ?

My best memories of PNP RPGs are from CP2020. There's hoping they won't screw this up.
    Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat.

Quote Originally Posted by omeg View Post
    My best memories of PNP RPGs are from CP2020. There's hoping they won't screw this up.
    QFT

Still got all the books in a proper storage.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Is it CP2020 it will be based on ?
    did you attempt to read anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Yepp, terrible. That's why I gave up on Witcher (1) after 45 mins or so and never tried it again, although everyone else is praising it.

I hate point&click combat in RPGs, that's what action titles are for, IMHO. Let me give orders to my char(s), let them do the hitting/casting stuff, let me pause the combat at any time and redo orders (like in DA:O and others).
    This is the first thing I thought of after Cool Cyber punk cRPG!!! was ohSh!t Witcher combat with guns that's going to be baad. So hoping they rethink the combat system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post

This is the first thing I thought of after Cool Cyber punk cRPG!!! was ohSh!t Witcher combat with guns that's going to be baad. So hoping they rethink the combat system.
    If they dont it will lolflop and if they dont change it i really hope they do if they leave the combat like that.

Unless its all cyberpunk sword fighting, which could be cool.

I hope there's no sexy postcards. I did not get the appeal of those at all. Not least because the voice acting/script was so bad that getting them was uncomfortable enough without being rewarded with a watercolour someone in the art department painted with their weak hand. Not that I got far enough in Witcher to unlock more than one before getting bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

If they dont it will lolflop and if they dont change it i really hope they do if they leave the combat like that.
    Wow. Your sentences are the biggest fucking mess known to mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Wow. Your sentences are the biggest fucking mess known to mankind.
    Arnt they beautiful?

this looks like it could be pretty good, and the witcher team make some decent more mature games which is what cyberpunk needs. damn maximum mike got old and fat tho lol.

i loved the cyberpunk world was pretty awesome i still have all my pen and paper stuff with the chromebooks etc even dabbled a bit in the weird offshoot cyber generation for a while back in the day. really hope this lives up to it's expectations.

XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I hope there's no sexy postcards. I did not get the appeal of those at all. Not least because the voice acting/script was so bad that getting them was uncomfortable enough without being rewarded with a watercolour someone in the art department painted with their weak hand. Not that I got far enough in Witcher to unlock more than one before getting bored.
    What?

Witcher 2 gave you 3 or 4 sex scenes per playthrough

You do know there was a Witcher 2, right?

Also yes, Witcher 1 english voice acting was horrible.