hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

For anyone with blockedsites faggotry

Here’s the press release summing up today’s conference:

CD Projekt RED Studio, announced their currently-in-development triple-A game based on renowned pen&paper RPG designer Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk® system.

WARSAW, POLAND (30 May 2012) -- During its Summer Conference today, CD Projekt RED Studio, critically acclaimed RPG developer, announced that it is working on a new triple-A game based on the cult classic Cyberpunk® pen & paper RPG system created by Mike Pondsmith.

At the conference, CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski promised gamers that this game would have all of the hallmarks of the Witcher series that has made the developer so well-known and loved, and even more. Their upcoming RPG will be designed for mature and demanding players who expect to be treated seriously, and the game will be richly detailed, non-linear, and with a complex and gripping story. This much is expected from the talented studio, but the new universe brings with it some new twists in their game design. Players will experience the world through their own, unique characters chosen from different classes - be they blood-thirsty mercenaries or cunning hackers who they will equip with vast choice of cybernetic implants and deadly weapons. As in The Witcher series, players will face morally ambiguous choices, their actions influencing events in the world at large and the fate of the individuals they encounter.

Original "Cyberpunk" game designer Mike Pondsmith was at hand for the conference in Warsaw, Poland. "For over two decades, I've been proud to say that Cyberpunk's been the gold standard of what it means to be a true cyberpunk game. And it's been a huge success for me and our many fans, with over 5 million players worldwide. But over all that time we haven't found the right team to bring our cyberpunk world to full digital life -- until now. CD Projekt Red is the team we've been hoping for. Their incredible work on The Witcher and The Witcher 2 shows that they share the same dedication and love of great games that we do at Talsorian. I'm especially stoked that they want our participation in making this game a fantastic project that will live up to everything Cyberpunk fans (old and new) have been waiting for. Trust me -- this game is going to rock," said "Maxmike" Pondsmith.

This game will be developed by a new team at CD Projekt RED Studio, composed of veterans from the Witcher franchise. The studio will set new standard in the futuristic RPG genre with an exceptional gaming experience. The most important goal for this division is to create a game matching their vision, a game that corresponds to their high production values.

CDP RED Studio also made several Witcher-related announcements during the Summer Conference. The company revealed sales numbers for "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings," announcing that more than 1.7 million copies have been sold on PC and Xbox 360. Further, The Witcher 2 is expanding its markets. On August 23rd the Xbox version of The Witcher, published by Spike Chunsoft, will hit the stores in Japan, and the studio will bring "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" to Mac this fall.

CD Projekt RED also announced that it is looking for talented artists, programmers and designers to help create the "Cyberpunk" title. For job listings and details, visit CDPRed.com.

Going above and beyond the call of duty, CDP RED Studio has also offered a free digital back-up copy of "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition" (the first game in the series) to all PC gamers (over 2M of them) who already own the game or plan on buying it in the future, available now at http://www.gog.com/witcherbackup.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    By the way, I never played the Witcher, was it good? If so, why?
    Because it's gritty and compelling (unlike dragon fagge), doesn't use lolmagick as plot glue and has no ancient evils - instead all the shit's done by other people through scheming and kicking faces in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    It never hurts (for me, a huge fan of Dick.....Phillip K.) when they compare their game ideals to Bladerunner.

Will watch and wait with excitement.

By the way, I never played the Witcher, was it good? If so, why?
    IMO in first game wasn't amazing but it was a really quite solid RPG with some in-depth mechanics, a surprisingly cool setting given that it would appear to be that standard fantasy setting we're all so tired of.

The Witcher 2 though is an amazing game with all of the depth of the first one except this time with a storyline that was easy to follow, engaging and very deep. They also streamlined the UI and got some very good voice actors, it's one of the only games I've ever played where I've actually cared about the girl they assign as my token love interest.

You should get and play the enhanced edition of the witcher 2, it's pret-ty good. And DRM free from GOG.com of course.

edit: oh actually you should play the first game too since there's a bit in it that I just remembered that's an incredible piece of RPG-ness

And as Razor says the plot isn't dictated by stupid unbelievable magic, it's actually comparatively low-magic except for the giant monsters.
    Last edited by Paradox; May 30 2012 at 10:06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    it's one of the only games I've ever played where I've actually cared about the girl they assign as my token love interest.
    Dat azz.

Also no fucking cleavage for once.

the combat system in the witchers was pretty terrible though

I sincerely hope they get something new for this game because it was pretty dull quite often

Quote Originally Posted by Intigo View Post

I sincerely hope they get something new for this game because it was pretty dull quite often
    Wait, you didn't like both witcher's combat?

The combat in the first game could have been great if it weren't for the way it was handled, the combat in the second game is much better even if it's a tad simplified. I actually like the combat in the second game, it feels satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

despised first one, 2nd was not as bad - I would just like them to try something new

despised first one, 2nd was not as bad - I would just like them to try something new
    I imagine this new one will have all guns and stuff, will probably be totally different.

I wouldn't mind it DE:HR style with more RPG depth. Since that mostly just lacked length and reasonable ending imo.
    Well the combat was certainly good.

Witcher 1 combat was what made me quit the game somewhere in the half of the storyline. Really? Click on enemy, wait for icon to turn into burning sword, click again, repeat until enemy is dead. Occasionally press RMB for speshul attak.

Animations were cool, control of combat? Atrocious.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

yeah the combat in the first was bad, which is a shame because the atmosphere of the game was amazing. the 2nd is much better, though they went in a totally different direction with the combat. it's almost arcadey, with me spamming roll roll roll roll roll roll roll (i was really, really bad at the combat). i almost longed for the ez-mode dragon age system so i could focus on the story more.

either way, the witcher 2 is a very unique game that you pretty much have to try. hell, you see boobs in like the first 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Panda View Post
    hell, you see boobs in like the first 30 seconds.
    Unlike in Mass Effects, right?

да

No dragons, dwarves, or magic? Sign me up.

I so wanted this to be based on R.Talsorian's Cyberpunk 2020 rpg.
    The best CP setting created to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    it's one of the only games I've ever played where I've actually cared about the girl they assign as my token love interest.
    Dat azz.

Also no fucking cleavage for once.
    cleavage is amazing, silly ruski
    No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games

FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

how can you not love these guys?

haha that rules

CD Projekt, will buy their games no question asked on release on GOG, they are above and beyond any other gaming company these days. The Witcher 2 was a fantastic game that had the side effect of me totally loosing interest in Mass Effect 3.

Also big heads!