hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 743

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. #481
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,236
    "We did the trailer in the daylight on purpose to show something a little different, as we know we can do the classic nighttime noir/bladerunner style easy as fuck bro" - Cyberpunk dev

    Fair play.

  2. #482
    DevilDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,722
    For the record I'm not among the people saying it's not cyberpunk because it has sunlight, I'm just pointing out that some of the visual language that's common to cyberpunk and many other genres is common because it quickly and effectively convey's the desired tone, and that the new trailer doesn't convey the same tone as the teaser. Where the teaser looked more stereotypically cyberpunk the trailer looks more... diverse in it's take on the genre, not necessarily a bad thing but maybe a misstep when all people have had for 2-3 years was the ton of that first trailer.

  3. #483

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,156

    rewind a bit helping yourself with the timetable at the bottom to see the cyberpunk stuff :>

    It's a FPS RPG with full char customization, backstory included. Full day night cycle for you people who need your night grit.

    3 main styles of weapons, "power" for your regular weapon we know today, "tech" focused on penetrating through walls, npcs and shit, and "smart" weapons that track and stuff

    drivable bikes and cars

    Night City is between SF and LA. Distinct areas of the city, some super rich and flashy, some poor and miserable etc. Very vertical.

    Regular "core" xp to level up and shit and "street cred" xp for vendors, fixers etc. unlocks for more jobs etc.

    Series of tweets with pictures of the contents of the demo:

    https://twitter.com/JesseCox/status/1006612768802271232
    Last edited by Isyel; June 12 2018 at 07:43:23 PM.

  4. #484
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Jesus Christ this threa got retarded fast. I forgot how dumb the “is this really X” arguments get.

    On topic of the game....fucking hype.
    I'm impressed tvat even tho I specifficly explained that this was not what I meant. That's still how people read it.


    In the teaser, things were sleek, sharp and shiny. In this trailer things were almost cartoonish with overexagerated thickness and completely different texturing that makes things look like toys rather than real.

    That has nothing to do with the "is this cp?" Meme discussion.
    Last edited by Ashaz; June 12 2018 at 08:20:21 PM.

  5. #485
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Jesus Christ this threa got retarded fast. I forgot how dumb the is this really X arguments get.

    On topic of the game....fucking hype.
    I'm impressed tvat even tho I specifficly explained that this was not what I meant. That's still how people read it.
    Only way to win is to not play.

  6. #486

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,156
    Words and expressions you use matter. Now can we fucking talk about the game now that there is actual info out there which you're skipping for more of this bs?

    A bunch of the community is losing their shit over the first person perspective atm. :/

  7. #487
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Words and expressions you use matter. Now can we fucking talk about the game now that there is actual info out there which you're skipping for more of this bs?

    A bunch of the community is losing their shit over the first person perspective atm. :/
    Fps is the only way to play a realtime rpg

    I'm defenately buying it either way. Even if it turns out to be a reskinned copy paste.

  8. #488

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Fps is the only way to play a realtime rpg
    Even if it turns out to be a reskinned copy paste.
    What and what?

  9. #489
    DevilDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

    rewind a bit helping yourself with the timetable at the bottom to see the cyberpunk stuff :>

    It's a FPS RPG with full char customization, backstory included. Full day night cycle for you people who need your night grit.

    3 main styles of weapons, "power" for your regular weapon we know today, "tech" focused on penetrating through walls, npcs and shit, and "smart" weapons that track and stuff

    drivable bikes and cars

    Night City is between SF and LA. Distinct areas of the city, some super rich and flashy, some poor and miserable etc. Very vertical.

    Regular "core" xp to level up and shit and "street cred" xp for vendors, fixers etc. unlocks for more jobs etc.

    Series of tweets with pictures of the contents of the demo:

    https://twitter.com/JesseCox/status/1006612768802271232
    watched the segment on cyberpunk, liked what I heard, open world, sounds like they have arcologies which are like self contained zones in addition to the whole city map. It seems the tone of the trailer was deliberate, they wanted to show that they could make daylight gritty since they're confident about doing the classic Noir/Nighttime/Rainy stuff, a bit ambitious, maybe a marketing misstep but it is good to know they're planning a full day/night/weather system.

  10. #490
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Fps is the only way to play a realtime rpg
    Even if it turns out to be a reskinned copy paste.
    What and what?
    Not saying I expect it to be. Just giving a worst case example.
    And yepp. You read the first part right.
    Last edited by Ashaz; June 12 2018 at 08:48:32 PM.

  11. #491

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,156
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2...k-2077-romance

    Full frontals and casual sex, it is the future.
    Last edited by Isyel; June 12 2018 at 09:07:39 PM.

  12. #492
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2...k-2077-romance

    Full frontals and casual sex, it is the future.
    Well that saves nexusmods alot of work.

  13. #493

  14. #494

  15. #495
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2...k-2077-romance

    Full frontals and casual sex, it is the future.
    ...and it just won most of next years user-voted awards.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  16. #496
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,717
    Think you can handle my JackHammer9000 XXL sweetcheeks?

  17. #497
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,551
    Digital nakedness featured heavily in developer CD Projekt Red's last game, The Witcher 3
    HEAVILY

    I remember cool stories about literally 70 hours of porn, what we got was Mass Effect. And that's fine, really, but a bit dishonest.

  18. #498
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,059

  19. #499
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Think you can handle my JackHammer9000 XXL sweetcheeks?
    Mr Studd(tm)

    It was always the MOST widely used piece of cyberwear, at least amongst my player group...
    meh

  20. #500
    iLOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    988
    Where is the fucking matrix?

    an off-screen helper is hacking
    Oh, I guess its welp, then.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •