hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Will be nice to see actual footage of the game and not just some pre-renders tho right.

This game gives me flackbacks to reading retards on the internet argue what is and isn't a roguelike. Something that was most viciously argued by people who had never played Rogue, but instead games like Enter the Gungeon and Rogue legacy.

btw am I the only one who feel the old trailer had a totaly different vibe than this new one? That one felt more genuine cyberphunk the way I like it. This one is... different.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not getting on the "That's not CP" bandwagon. Just that the trailers convey very different things.
    Last edited by Ashaz; June 12 2018 at 01:01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not getting on the "That's not CP" bandwagon. Just that the trailers convey very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    btw am I the only one who feel the old trailer had a totaly different vibe than this new one? That one felt more genuine cyberphunk the way I like it. This one is... different.
    I feel similar. This one feels more Shadowrunish*) (in a lack of better term), with lots of what I associated with "runner gangs" bits in it.

*) Books in the Shadowrun universe I've read, never played the p&p RPG, unfortunately.

Are you guys actually fucking serious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    (in a lack of better term)
    Gee, i wonder why.

Remind me again what was the main thing that happens throughout Neuromancer of all things?
    Last edited by Isyel; June 12 2018 at 03:23:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Are you guys actually fucking serious now.
    Is this being ethically reported on by video game journalists though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I was just trying to say the game didn't have to be dystopian...

Regardless, I'm not a huge Witch series fan. But I can't deny the ratings/sales they got. I'm hoping this is just a better Deus Ex than new Deus Ex games.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Regardless, I'm not a huge Witch series fan.
    Boooo! Bad Jonesbones!

Have you tried actually listening or watching. Nerds didn't see night with rain so it's automatically #notmycyberpunk or smth

But i can understand your confusion if it looks just like present day murica with more neon

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Witcher 2 was better than Witcher 3 tbqh

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Have you tried actually listening or watching. Nerds didn't see night with rain so it's automatically #notmycyberpunk or smth

But i can understand your confusion if it looks just like present day murica with more neon
    wait I think that might actually be it but not in the condescending way you meant. Cyberpunk takes a lot from noir to use as a visual shorthand for conveying mood and context. There's nothing that makes you feel more gritty than a filthy alley in the rain. The bright sunlight on NIGHT City is kind of jarring, especially given the original teaser's darker background tone, you sort of got the impression there that it didn't matter what time of day it was, that's just what street level looks like there.

Regardless I'm not perturbed by anything else I saw, given that it's all fairly close to the source material (the original 'Cyberpunk RPG'). Show of hands, who here is actually familiar with/has played the Cyberpunk PnP RPG? I can't actually claim to have played it myself but I have used it's source books in framing adventures in other games I DM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    wait I think that might actually be it but not in the condescending way you meant. Cyberpunk takes a lot from noir to use as a visual shorthand for conveying mood and context. There's nothing that makes you feel more gritty than a filthy alley in the rain. The bright sunlight on NIGHT City is kind of jarring, especially given the original teaser's darker background tone, you sort of got the impression there that it didn't matter what time of day it was, that's just what street level looks like there.
    You lot literally have this idea just because of Blade Runner.

maybe, Neuromancer opens with a similar scene though, and a lot of other genre staples use it too, not to mention that it's a widely used trope across pretty much all genre's in cinema. That's not to say you have to use it, but it's a good method of conveying tone that you'd otherwise have to work much harder on, and I think what people are picking up on is that this game doesn't convey the gritty tone (at least not in this trailer) as well as simply just applying some rain would.

maybe, Neuromancer opens with a similar scene though, and a lot of other genre staples use it too, not to mention that it's a widely used trope across pretty much all genre's in cinema. That's not to say you have to use it, but it's a good method of conveying tone that you'd otherwise have to work much harder on, and I think what people are picking up on is that this game doesn't convey the gritty tone (at least not in this trailer) as well as simply just applying some rain would.
    I'm sorry, but if people can't pick up the themes and tone from that trailer they're literally braindead.

neuromancer also includes a bit on a space station where large parts are setup to emulate a holiday resort and fucking about Istanbul in the daytime.

there's plenty of grit in that trailer, but it's not overt and in your face, nor should it be in a cyberpunk setting, if anything cyberpunk invites a glossy surface that is nasty underneath, just like the trailer portray.

are we going to have to dissect it scene for scene ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    neuromancer also includes a bit on a space station where large parts are setup to emulate a holiday resort and fucking about Istanbul in the daytime.
    Space Rastas, full of weed.

I suppose that's not cyberpunk either. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Space Rastas, full of weed.

I suppose that's not cyberpunk either. :P
    i almost forgot those guys, pass the ganja brutha.

edit : i hope they brought over as much of 2020's mechanics as they reasonably could, skill centric gameplay systems and high lethality combat sounds awesome tbh.
    Last edited by Liare; June 12 2018 at 05:13:02 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

It was high lethality, but had creaky bits too. It was a decent pnp system but by no means the most elegant. Didn’t stop us from playing it for years and years.
    meh

Jesus Christ this threa got retarded fast. I forgot how dumb the “is this really X” arguments get.

On topic of the game....fucking hype.