hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so you're not able to grind XP on the side and out-level the main story ? bit of a bummer that.
    It's a bit inconclusive from the interview tbh. They said you get both types of XP in different amounts depending on stuff for stuff but it was a bit confusing.

I think the only thing we can count on is there being a 'core xp' for skills and shit and 'street cred' as social xp

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Sounds extremely promising.

I was disappointed there was no other details other than the trailer. I'm pretty sceptical of non-gameplay trailers these days
    Yeah like W3 had any details until a year before release. CDPR does run a tight ship still.
    Witcher 3 had two whole games before it.

Cyberpunk we have jack shit.

Don't just drink the CDPR coolade. They fucked up pretty badly with gwent after all.

This is news to me. I've played gwent for like a year and liked it.

Also bunch of journos saw the gayplay demo, look up the RPS article on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so you're not able to grind XP on the side and out-level the main story ? bit of a bummer that.
    It's a bit inconclusive from the interview tbh. They said you get both types of XP in different amounts depending on stuff for stuff but it was a bit confusing.

I think the only thing we can count on is there being a 'core xp' for skills and shit and 'street cred' as social xp
    I noted one of the articles strait up said that entire abilities are linked to what cyber gear you have and that there are different grades up to military grade gear. My expectation would be that most of your abilities won't be leveled like they were in witcher 3 but rather a result of equipping better cybernetics. Street cred sounds like exactly the sort of thing that would get you access to better black market operators and thus better equipment which will translate directly into how powerful you are. They also noted that stealth and diplomacy are gameplay options too so we'll probably see some Deus Ex elements seeping in.

Re: XP and shit

M O D S

I really, really want to see that gameplay demo. Hnnnngghh!

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    >online and PvP info

"we're not doing multiplayer, fuck off"

what a shitty clickbait video

>youtube
    >shitty clickbait video

funny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Really good interview with lots of information.

Yeah when the inventor of Cyberpunk says "first person was the correct choice" certain people on the interwebz might need to chill out.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    How would you even do 3rd person with all the cramped verticality in that trailer

I'll say that I don't mind 1st person but only because shooting is primary gameplay, if melee is a necessity then I might be less pleased. Freeform melee never works well in 1st person perspective because the third person view acts as a substitute for the kinesthetic senses that can't be easily replicated leading to tunnel vision (see games like chivalry where you can opt into first person and how gimpy it feels vs 3rd person). However if they do melee like DeusEx does where it's more about setpiece strikes that are just activated in the vicinity of a hostile NPC and intelligently target them that would work fine. The one thing I would like to avoid is the sort of melee we see in traditional FPS titles where it's just run strait at something and you just see a swipe animation and a dead dude falling over.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    I'll say that I don't mind 1st person but only because shooting is primary gameplay, if melee is a necessity then I might be less pleased. Freeform melee never works well in 1st person perspective because the third person view acts as a substitute for the kinesthetic senses that can't be easily replicated leading to tunnel vision (see games like chivalry where you can opt into first person and how gimpy it feels vs 3rd person). However if they do melee like DeusEx does where it's more about setpiece strikes that are just activated in the vicinity of a hostile NPC and intelligently target them that would work fine. The one thing I would like to avoid is the sort of melee we see in traditional FPS titles where it's just run strait at something and you just see a swipe animation and a dead dude falling over.
    >Vermintide laughs at your opinion in the matter

Dark Messiah would like a word

They fucked up pretty badly with gwent after all.
    I doubt Cyberpunk is a card game. But wouldn't THAT be hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Dark Messiah doesn't really stand up if you try to put it into context of games like Rune or JA or even Witcher 3 when it comes to combat mechanics. IMO it's not impossible to do melee in first person, it's more that first person is just an automatic hinderance to melee mechanics, it makes everything that people generally want in melee (hit boxing, spectacle, situational awareness) harder to achieve and it'll never quite feel as good as something like Jedi Knight II did if you have melee as your primary combat form.

Vermintide's combat mechanics are OK, not great, they're using the first person perspective for the same reason cyberpunk 2077 is, to force you into the moment and enhance the suspense inherent in the play, but that's the thing they're not selling that game based on it being an amazing melee simulator they're selling it on the map play and teamwork and using a less than optimal viewpoint (from a purely melee mechanical perspective) because it's better at enhancing the other aspects of the game which are it's real selling point.

All I'm pointing out here is that in Cyberpunk don't expect a Dual katana wielding ninja to feel as good mechanically as a dude with a sub machine gun because the design choices they're making just fit the dude with the gun better.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Netrunner..

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Netrunner..
    Good point. The hacking should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Dark Messiah doesn't really stand up if you try to put it into context of games like Rune or JA or even Witcher 3 when it comes to combat mechanics. IMO it's not impossible to do melee in first person, it's more that first person is just an automatic hinderance to melee mechanics, it makes everything that people generally want in melee (hit boxing, spectacle, situational awareness) harder to achieve and it'll never quite feel as good as something like Jedi Knight II did if you have melee as your primary combat form.

Vermintide's combat mechanics are OK, not great, they're using the first person perspective for the same reason cyberpunk 2077 is, to force you into the moment and enhance the suspense inherent in the play, but that's the thing they're not selling that game based on it being an amazing melee simulator they're selling it on the map play and teamwork and using a less than optimal viewpoint (from a purely melee mechanical perspective) because it's better at enhancing the other aspects of the game which are it's real selling point.

All I'm pointing out here is that in Cyberpunk don't expect a Dual katana wielding ninja to feel as good mechanically as a dude with a sub machine gun because the design choices they're making just fit the dude with the gun better.
    a) lol at Witcher 3's combat mechanics being "good"
    b) alright, how about E.Y.E? it's probably the closest conceptually and while the game itself was deeply flawed, combat was an excellent mix of melee and shooting.