hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1313

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    The reason I posted the UE4 one was to show that this is a regular type of thing they do and last time it very much was representative. It's not Sony made stuff.

Killzone 2 was also p. close to what was shown as well so not entirely sure what razbros point was...

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

And in a move that surprised noone UBI announced new ass creed will be runing on 30fps on next gen consoles. gg

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    And in a move that surprised noone UBI announced new ass creed will be runing on 30fps on next gen consoles. gg
    Does that matter much playing on a TV screen from the sofa?

I've only ever been sensitive to frame rates playing twitchy shooters two feet away from a decent PC monitor.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

I've only ever been sensitive to frame rates playing twitchy shooters two feet away from a decent PC monitor.
    YMMV but it's very noticeable for me. Another thing is variation. I'll take steady 30s than bouncy 50-60s with with frame time constantly changing. And if anything it's even more noticeable for me on a tv from sofa than on a fast gsync/freesync monitor. But it was more of a reality check for 4k60 dudes. Now bear in mind as system matures we'll get it's RDR2 or GoW and i'm fairly certain it will look close to that UE5 trailer. But it won't happen at launch, more mid to end of it's life cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

YMMV but it's very noticeable for me. Another thing is variation. I'll take steady 30s than bouncy 50-60s with with frame time constantly changing. And if anything it's even more noticeable for me on a tv from sofa than on a fast gsync/freesync monitor. But it was more of a reality check for 4k60 dudes. Now bear in mind as system matures we'll get it's RDR2 or GoW and i'm fairly certain it will look close to that UE5 trailer. But it won't happen at launch, more mid to end of it's life cycle.
    PS4 pro is 'up to' 60hz even if your game has 4k support. So who are these 4k60 guys you talk about? pc users? In reality how many people even have a 4k monitor currently? according to steam hardware survey April 2020 it is 2.14%. 1080p is still at 64% of users. Now admittedly there are probably a lot more 4k tv's sold than monitors but of course there are literally millions of ps4 pro's plugged into 1080p Grundig tubes.

4K gaming isn't really a big thing among PC-users outside a very small group.

A) they don't have 4K monitors, and
    B) they don't have the GPU to drive it.

If you are aiming at 60FPS@4K, you're in the 2080 Super / 2080 Ti league. And even then, you're going to accept the fact that you'll be dialing down some of the settings in games like RDR2. Gaming at UW (3440x1440) is a similar story, although that is somewhat less demanding.

For Joe Average, "affordable" 4K gaming is going to be happening at the console level for the forseeable future.

4K is only worth it on big screens, like TVs.

100ppi at almost a meter of distance is already unnoticeable and my eyesight is damn near perfect. So if i were to get a 30" screen i'd go for 1440p.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

100ppi at almost a meter of distance is already unnoticeable and my eyesight is damn near perfect. So if i were to get a 30" screen i'd go for 1440p.
    Well, the reality is that while there's a certain elment of "worth it on the big screen", you're actually better equipped to see the individual pixels the closer you are. So sitting at 24" from your computer with a 30" screen(give or take 60cm), your ability as 20/20 eyesight kind of guy is:

1440k => You can see a higher PPI than what the monitor shows (143 vs 98).
    4K => You can see a lower PPI than what the monitor shows (143 vs 146)

Thus; 1440p isn't taking full advantage of that 20/20 vision. 4K is slightly overkill, but you can still see the diference.

Source

I pretty much said that though. You need good ppi/distance because no matter what quality you run NATIVE resolution (no upscaling or checkering bollocks) always beats other options and needless 4K is a waste.
    Considering how real engines can run any resolution you want since forever.

It will be highly amusing if super mighty nextgen ends up at the same 30 24fps but in 4K.
    Last edited by RazoR; May 18 2020 at 10:28:38 PM.

100ppi at almost a meter of distance is already unnoticeable
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps
    Thus; 1440p isn't taking full advantage of that 20/20 vision. 4K is slightly overkill, but you can still see the diference.
    I pretty much said that though.
    No, you didn't though.

Well, you're right and wrong. At a meter, you can't tell the difference between a 4k screen and a 1440p screen in terms of pixels, because both output more pixels than your eyes can see. However, I dare say most people don't game at a meters distance on a computer. At 60cm, there is a pretty big difference between 4k and 1440k (49% increase in pixels, 98 % of which you can actually see). But to be fair, you said a meter. So you're right about that at that specific distance. In fact, the closer you are to the screen, the more "worth it" it is. At 60cm, a 30" 4K screen is actually pretty optimal. At a meter you need a 50" to get the same "pixel worth it". Not that that's necessarily a ergonomic or good position to play at.

On a TV, at a viewing distance of 2 meters, up to 60" and you're wasting the extra pixels in a 4K screen since you can't spot the difference between a 4K screen and a 1440k screen in terms of PPI. Past 60" up until 100", you have way more PPI than you can see on a 4K screen. It's evening out at a 100, and then it goes downhill from there in the sense that your eyes can see more PPIs than the screen has. So no, unless you're very close to the TV; that 4K screen isn't really "worth it" in the sense that you can actually see the extra pixels, unless you have a TV larger than 60" of course. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most people might have more than 2 meters distance from their TV, so as you go further away you'll need an even bigger TV.

IDK it's an arm's length, so 60 to 100? When i play nerd thunder i have to get real close (40?) to pixelhunt and if i squint hard enough i can see the pixel borders but for laid back gaming both the res and FoV is more than enough for me.

Where i would consider resolution to be absolutely paramount is VR - i played RE7 on a PSVR at a mate's for 10 minutes without problems but damn those pixels were big.

The classic "switch subject move". Ok. I'll go along. Yes, for VR resolution is a big thing (pun intended). The problem is even bigger there though, because when it's hard to drive regular 4K, it's even worse to drive VR.

Okay let's discuss the subject you'd like to, i'm just not sure how our opinions differ.

Nah mate, it was fun but let's move on.

This is not the proper way to neckbeard and shitpost on my FHC. Thread clearly needs more personal insults and rambling about Corbyn, malaria drugs and fascist nazi cops.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

retina screens are really nice for reading and coding.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Please don't use that terrible marketing term to accurately describe something, it can mean a 960x640 display on a phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Please don't use that terrible marketing term to accurately describe something, it can mean a 960x640 display on a phone...
    Retina™ is applespeech for 9000ppi innit? 960x640 would be the size of a coin then.