hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3441424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 971

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. #861
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    787
    Honestly now that life is busy, I can wait for almost any game to go on sale. I just beat Witcher 3 early this year and with a tidal wave of time consuming indy games, I'd have to quit my life to play all the games coming out. This seems great, but what reason is there to chuck money at it?

  2. #862
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    13,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    He’ll find some way to hate it, rest assured.
    p.sure CDPR is going to get flak over Cyberpunk actually, on one front there's going to be the usual "KEEP POLITICS (namely non-damsel/non-objectified women and black people) OUT OF MY VIDEO GAMES!!!" crowd crying and on the other side is going to be folks like me looking at it and saying "they did cyberpunk a disservice here, where is the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques at ?" and talking about how the genre is inherently and overtly political and taking that aspect out and leaving the aesthetic in really is a typified expression of the late-stage capitalism we're living in and how it's creating a utter inability to conceive a meaningful future means it's cannibalizing the past and their vision of the future instead. oh Hi Cyberpunk, and Hello there Fallout after Fallout 3! (1 and 2 is more a lampooning of the cold war nuclear paranoia, Fallout 3 and later are full on nostalgia fests)
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  3. #863

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    He’ll find some way to hate it, rest assured.
    Seriously?

    Or is this about keckers and is just at an awkward time? because in that case sorry for assuming from past history

    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    p.sure CDPR is going to get flak over Cyberpunk actually
    Yeah I'm sure. The way the game's been hyped it's inevitably going to anger some people. Anything this hyped gets shat on once it's out by the usual suspects online once it's out.

    See already the youtube videos of the gameplay with people whining about the graphics. Or about approaches to some politics.

    Seems to me it's hitting all the things it needs to hit. If there's one thing, I do wish it were third person because it's my personal preference for RPGs, especially with the amount of char creation stuff they seem to have, but meh, that's such an incredibly minor thing if it's a great game otherwise and it works better for the creators.
    Last edited by Isyel; September 9 2019 at 11:44:41 AM.

  4. #864
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,599
    Just a poor joke, Keckers always seems quite melancholic :P

  5. #865

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,850
    Almost can't wait for the inevitable hot takes from the RPG codex or somewhere similar on how it's the worst rpg ever because x or y completely meaningless thing, thinking about it. :P

  6. #866
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    13,507
    clickbait and meaningless whiny youtube videos about videogame nonsense are truly the cultural peak of our times.

    quite frankly, the longer i live, the more convinced i am that we don't fucking deserve to survive the next century.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  7. #867

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,850

  8. #868
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Just a poor joke, Keckers always seems quite melancholic :P
    It is a cultural side effect, not intrinsic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  9. #869
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    clickbait and meaningless whiny youtube videos about videogame nonsense are truly the cultural peak of our times.

    quite frankly, the longer i live, the more convinced i am that we don't fucking deserve to survive the next century.
    With the way things are headed we won't, don't worry.

  10. #870
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,345
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    So if you pay 250 you get a box made to look like a building, a envelope made to look like an evidence bag and a figurine made to make you look like a virgin? And some postcards (its 2019) and stickers (its 2019)
    Gud post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

    How dare people enjoy things.

    Should clearly spend it on drinks and get stabbed or something instead to prove how manly they are and totes not virgin nerds.
    Triggered virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Holy shit how dare I enjoy something I can get my physical hands on as opposed to something you will only ever see when the game is started.
    Triggered virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    look at all of you, buying overpriced plastic tat for a game who's aesthetics is centred around the logical endpoint of unlimited consumerism.
    Best post

    How long until this is released and then how long until I can pick it up for a tenner?
    Check how long it took Witcher 3 to be available for a tenner and multiply by 1.5.
    I just bought that last week for a tenner. Looking forward to enjoying the game while I'm in the Long Dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  11. #871
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    clickbait and meaningless whiny youtube videos about videogame nonsense are truly the cultural peak of our times.

    quite frankly, the longer i live, the more convinced i am that we don't fucking deserve to survive the next century.
    No one's forcing you
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  12. #872
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    13,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    clickbait and meaningless whiny youtube videos about videogame nonsense are truly the cultural peak of our times.

    quite frankly, the longer i live, the more convinced i am that we don't fucking deserve to survive the next century.
    No one's forcing you
    morbid curiosity is forcing me.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  13. #873
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,126
    I can't remember if VtM or this is getting released first and CBA to look it up, but I can BA to opine that one being actually politically-charged or not is going to be a good prediction of the other one.

  14. #874
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,753
    In before the inevitable Shadowrun mod mixes the two.

  15. #875
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    He’ll find some way to hate it, rest assured.
    p.sure CDPR is going to get flak over Cyberpunk actually, on one front there's going to be the usual "KEEP POLITICS (namely non-damsel/non-objectified women and black people) OUT OF MY VIDEO GAMES!!!" crowd crying and on the other side is going to be folks like me looking at it and saying "they did cyberpunk a disservice here, where is the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques at ?" and talking about how the genre is inherently and overtly political and taking that aspect out and leaving the aesthetic in really is a typified expression of the late-stage capitalism we're living in and how it's creating a utter inability to conceive a meaningful future means it's cannibalizing the past and their vision of the future instead. oh Hi Cyberpunk, and Hello there Fallout after Fallout 3! (1 and 2 is more a lampooning of the cold war nuclear paranoia, Fallout 3 and later are full on nostalgia fests)
    You haven’t even played the game and they’ve already done a bad job of implementing “the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques”, because, idk, what they’ve shown so far is pretty fucking spot on with the original game, which in turn, was pretty spot on with the cyberpunk fiction.
    meh

  16. #876
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Almost can't wait for the inevitable hot takes from the RPG codex or somewhere similar on how it's the worst rpg ever because x or y completely meaningless thing, thinking about it. :P

    It’s p. safe to just simply ignore people like that.
    meh

  17. #877
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,126
    My only trusted source of video game reviews these days is Mandalore, Yahtzee, Errant Signal, and Sseth. Everyone else doesn't resonate at the proper level of autism to inform me how a game will play.

  18. #878

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

    It’s p. safe to just simply ignore people like that.
    Well. Never implied id take them seriously. Gonna be a chuckle tho.

  19. #879
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    He’ll find some way to hate it, rest assured.
    p.sure CDPR is going to get flak over Cyberpunk actually, on one front there's going to be the usual "KEEP POLITICS (namely non-damsel/non-objectified women and black people) OUT OF MY VIDEO GAMES!!!" crowd crying and on the other side is going to be folks like me looking at it and saying "they did cyberpunk a disservice here, where is the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques at ?" and talking about how the genre is inherently and overtly political and taking that aspect out and leaving the aesthetic in really is a typified expression of the late-stage capitalism we're living in and how it's creating a utter inability to conceive a meaningful future means it's cannibalizing the past and their vision of the future instead. oh Hi Cyberpunk, and Hello there Fallout after Fallout 3! (1 and 2 is more a lampooning of the cold war nuclear paranoia, Fallout 3 and later are full on nostalgia fests)
    You haven’t even played the game and they’ve already done a bad job of implementing “the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques”, because, idk, what they’ve shown so far is pretty fucking spot on with the original game, which in turn, was pretty spot on with the cyberpunk fiction.

  20. #880
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    8,934
    some gamers unironically worship andrew ryan lol

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •