hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3441424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Honestly now that life is busy, I can wait for almost any game to go on sale. I just beat Witcher 3 early this year and with a tidal wave of time consuming indy games, I'd have to quit my life to play all the games coming out. This seems great, but what reason is there to chuck money at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    He’ll find some way to hate it, rest assured.
    p.sure CDPR is going to get flak over Cyberpunk actually, on one front there's going to be the usual "KEEP POLITICS (namely non-damsel/non-objectified women and black people) OUT OF MY VIDEO GAMES!!!" crowd crying and on the other side is going to be folks like me looking at it and saying "they did cyberpunk a disservice here, where is the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques at ?" and talking about how the genre is inherently and overtly political and taking that aspect out and leaving the aesthetic in really is a typified expression of the late-stage capitalism we're living in and how it's creating a utter inability to conceive a meaningful future means it's cannibalizing the past and their vision of the future instead. oh Hi Cyberpunk, and Hello there Fallout after Fallout 3! (1 and 2 is more a lampooning of the cold war nuclear paranoia, Fallout 3 and later are full on nostalgia fests)
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Seriously?

Or is this about keckers and is just at an awkward time? because in that case sorry for assuming from past history

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    p.sure CDPR is going to get flak over Cyberpunk actually
    Yeah I'm sure. The way the game's been hyped it's inevitably going to anger some people. Anything this hyped gets shat on once it's out by the usual suspects online once it's out.

See already the youtube videos of the gameplay with people whining about the graphics. Or about approaches to some politics.

Seems to me it's hitting all the things it needs to hit. If there's one thing, I do wish it were third person because it's my personal preference for RPGs, especially with the amount of char creation stuff they seem to have, but meh, that's such an incredibly minor thing if it's a great game otherwise and it works better for the creators.
    Last edited by Isyel; September 9 2019 at 11:44:41 AM.

Just a poor joke, Keckers always seems quite melancholic :P

Almost can't wait for the inevitable hot takes from the RPG codex or somewhere similar on how it's the worst rpg ever because x or y completely meaningless thing, thinking about it. :P

clickbait and meaningless whiny youtube videos about videogame nonsense are truly the cultural peak of our times.

quite frankly, the longer i live, the more convinced i am that we don't fucking deserve to survive the next century.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Just a poor joke, Keckers always seems quite melancholic :P
    It is a cultural side effect, not intrinsic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

clickbait and meaningless whiny youtube videos about videogame nonsense are truly the cultural peak of our times.

quite frankly, the longer i live, the more convinced i am that we don't fucking deserve to survive the next century.
    With the way things are headed we won't, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    So if you pay 250 you get a box made to look like a building, a envelope made to look like an evidence bag and a figurine made to make you look like a virgin? And some postcards (its 2019) and stickers (its 2019)
    Gud post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

How dare people enjoy things.

Should clearly spend it on drinks and get stabbed or something instead to prove how manly they are and totes not virgin nerds.
    Triggered virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Holy shit how dare I enjoy something I can get my physical hands on as opposed to something you will only ever see when the game is started.
    Triggered virgin
    look at all of you, buying overpriced plastic tat for a game who's aesthetics is centred around the logical endpoint of unlimited consumerism.
    Best post

How long until this is released and then how long until I can pick it up for a tenner?
    Check how long it took Witcher 3 to be available for a tenner and multiply by 1.5.
    I just bought that last week for a tenner. Looking forward to enjoying the game while I'm in the Long Dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

No one's forcing you
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

No one's forcing you
    morbid curiosity is forcing me.
    Viking, n.:

I can't remember if VtM or this is getting released first and CBA to look it up, but I can BA to opine that one being actually politically-charged or not is going to be a good prediction of the other one.

In before the inevitable Shadowrun mod mixes the two.

p.sure CDPR is going to get flak over Cyberpunk actually, on one front there's going to be the usual "KEEP POLITICS (namely non-damsel/non-objectified women and black people) OUT OF MY VIDEO GAMES!!!" crowd crying and on the other side is going to be folks like me looking at it and saying "they did cyberpunk a disservice here, where is the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques at ?" and talking about how the genre is inherently and overtly political and taking that aspect out and leaving the aesthetic in really is a typified expression of the late-stage capitalism we're living in and how it's creating a utter inability to conceive a meaningful future means it's cannibalizing the past and their vision of the future instead. oh Hi Cyberpunk, and Hello there Fallout after Fallout 3! (1 and 2 is more a lampooning of the cold war nuclear paranoia, Fallout 3 and later are full on nostalgia fests)
    You haven’t even played the game and they’ve already done a bad job of implementing “the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques”, because, idk, what they’ve shown so far is pretty fucking spot on with the original game, which in turn, was pretty spot on with the cyberpunk fiction.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Almost can't wait for the inevitable hot takes from the RPG codex or somewhere similar on how it's the worst rpg ever because x or y completely meaningless thing, thinking about it. :P

It’s p. safe to just simply ignore people like that.
    meh

My only trusted source of video game reviews these days is Mandalore, Yahtzee, Errant Signal, and Sseth. Everyone else doesn't resonate at the proper level of autism to inform me how a game will play.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

It’s p. safe to just simply ignore people like that.
    Well. Never implied id take them seriously. Gonna be a chuckle tho.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    You haven’t even played the game and they’ve already done a bad job of implementing “the anti-authoritarian themes and social critiques”, because, idk, what they’ve shown so far is pretty fucking spot on with the original game, which in turn, was pretty spot on with the cyberpunk fiction.

some gamers unironically worship andrew ryan lol