hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 110 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2620

Thread: Diablo III- Don't Fear The Reaper

what type of game is Diablo 3? Mingleplayer RPG?

So last night I caved and reinstalled D3, played a bit with my 60 DH, found 4 direct upgrades within 2 hours of playing (nearly quadrupled my HP) including a legendary bow. Color me interested: an actual upgrade through play? This can't last, no way.
    "We need less dakka dakka!" -No one. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Davion Falcon View Post
    So last night I caved and reinstalled D3, played a bit with my 60 DH, found 4 direct upgrades within 2 hours of playing (nearly quadrupled my HP) including a legendary bow. Color me interested: an actual upgrade through play? This can't last, no way.
    Same here, my barb is getting back into shape. Still far from happy with my 2H-WW build without fury generating abilities tho, needs some tweaking as my single target dps is horrible and I run dry on fury too often.
    Btw any ideas how we can transfer gold from one player to another now that gold trading is disabled? AH is still up, need to somehow send my GF (huehuehue) 1.5mil gold so she can craft her hellfire ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Same here, my barb is getting back into shape. Still far from happy with my 2H-WW build without fury generating abilities tho, needs some tweaking as my single target dps is horrible and I run dry on fury too often.
    Btw any ideas how we can transfer gold from one player to another now that gold trading is disabled? AH is still up, need to somehow send my GF (huehuehue) 1.5mil gold so she can craft her hellfire ring.
    My barb has some pretty decent gear, but I was miffed to find him still shitty compared to sorcerers when I played coop. The barb still needs a boost.
    Last edited by DaneJa; March 6 2014 at 12:18:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaneJa View Post
    My barb has some pretty decent gear, but I was miffed to find him still shitty compared to sorcerers when I played coop. The barb still needs a boost.
    Found 2 more legendaries in a couple hours play. My raw HP on my DH has jumped from 17k (Act II old Inferno wall) to ~110k. Able to survive Torment II reasonably well, it's just low (I've got a 1.1k DPS legendary bow) dakka dakka makes grinding some minibosses rather tedius.

Quote Originally Posted by DaneJa View Post
    Found 2 more legendaries in a couple hours play. My raw HP on my DH has jumped from 17k (Act II old Inferno wall) to ~110k. Able to survive Torment II reasonably well, it's just low (I've got a 1.1k DPS legendary bow) dakka dakka makes grinding some minibosses rather tedius.
    I've got about 70k DPS unboosted, then about 200k once my shouts and stuff kick in. Been playing Torment III, but when I play coop the wizards just melt everything in seconds whereas I have to sit there forever just pounding away at the bastards.

So a couple hours in, I find a 1.3k Legendary 2h axe... Sweet mother in heaven. WW build ftw, generates so much fury I can go on for ever in a crowd. Expert difficulty suddenly became too easy.

Feels so nice to let loose with a 2h.. I played hours on end in Inferno with shield and spear, which got tedious..
    "fordi han stod lagleg til for hogg"

Logged in to my lolbad Level 36 Voodoo Dude, first random barrel I see, drops a Legendary Sword.

First legendary for me. No actual monster-killing needed.

I logged immediately and said "good nuf". Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Logged in to my lolbad Level 36 Voodoo Dude, first random barrel I see, drops a Legendary Sword.

First legendary for me. No actual monster-killing needed.

I logged immediately and said "good nuf". Lol.
    i got 2 legendaries in the first 3 minutes of playing normal on my level 55 guy. Logged a few minutes later, same as you.

Clearly just showering peoples with presents so they spend monies on DLC..no wait "expansions". Seriously though one act and one class for what? £50? probably about £10 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Clearly just showering peoples with presents so they spend monies on DLC..no wait "expansions". Seriously though one act and one class for what? £50? probably about £10 an hour.
    The main "meat" of the expansion is not the new act. The adventure mode is the primary content delivery in RoS, and offers lots of random encounters; its largely a free roaming mode where you do various bounty's; in any act; do a full set and get a reward - its really a "boss run" type mode that gives players freedom to choose where they farm. There's rifts as well (kinda random maps in TL); and the mystic.

Along side the story mode act5, and crusader.

I played thousands of hours of d2; ROS delivers more content thatn LoD did; so really whilst its cool to not be interested in it, or have any interest in it, nore wanting to buy it - its kinda not cool to dumb down what it delivers in terms of content in effort to look cool.
    My Games Stream, and yes, i suck at LoL.
    This is a search link, it will enable you to find threads prior to posting a new one, again.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.

Actually its not that much, i have been farming quite a lot lately and now I find upgrades like .. what, once per day? My gear isn't especially good or anything. I would say it is okay, the guys above had some serious luck or they were just leveling their characters (items finally drop while you are leveling, what a great idea right ).
    Im still considering buying it, probably i'll end up getting it a month or so after launch. I wanna experience the cheesy story first-hand and I love paladins :/ was by far my favorite hero in D2. I hope they didn't make it a super gay class like the WoW-paladin which was just silly.

Back to D3, I upgraded my gear 'a little' and I think I overdid on the toughness. At some point yesterday my barb was sitting on 1.4 MIL ehp (toughness?) and my dps was still 110k. Unbuffed this is around 1.2mil ehp and 80k dps.
    Now I lost some EHP and pushed my dps to 96k. I have 1200 LoH and im still struggling on some elite packs on T2. A friend of mine has like twice that dps (every one of his pieces of gear costs more than my whole hero), 2.9% lifesteal and half my EHP. He does mostly fine even on higher difficulty settings . DPS gear plx.

This is the Skorn(2H) WW build im currently using: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ckR!gYh!YcYZbY

It's really fun at times (dear god, that new Leap rune is amazing) and I rarely run out of fury. Ofc I switch things around for uber boss runs (we still do these, got 2 hellfire rings in the last 2 days).
    Any suggestions? I was thinking about trying a different rune on my Battle Rage. Im definitely struggling when all that's left is 3-4 elite monsters that spread around and dont let me stack them in one place.
    Also that first passive I got, Brawler - I dont like it but there is nothing else that is dps-oriented (now that they nerfed Ruthless).
    Last edited by Tyrehl; March 7 2014 at 10:16:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Well as I said before I never had to pay for D3 originally due to wow sub deal so after playing my demon hunter through acts 2 - 4 again and finally getting it to lvl 60 I have bought the expac, I like the loot changes you actually get drops that have useful stats and the crafted stuf maybe takes just one or two attempts to get decent stats on it. Enjoying playing D3 a heck of a lot more now than when I played it at release where I did one normal playthrough and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    The main "meat" of the expansion is not the new act. The adventure mode is the primary content delivery in RoS, and offers lots of random encounters; its largely a free roaming mode where you do various bounty's; in any act; do a full set and get a reward - its really a "boss run" type mode that gives players freedom to choose where they farm. There's rifts as well (kinda random maps in TL); and the mystic.

Along side the story mode act5, and crusader.

I played thousands of hours of d2; ROS delivers more content thatn LoD did; so really whilst its cool to not be interested in it, or have any interest in it, nore wanting to buy it - its kinda not cool to dumb down what it delivers in terms of content in effort to look cool.
    So one act, one class and a farming interface.

Reinstalled this yesterday to se what the fuss was about, same game with added stats. The new item bonuses are game breaking, one item I picked up effectively gave my barb Weapon Throw on top of Frenzy. Had not played since the second week of release and although was a bit of fun doing a playthrough on this Torment the first setting was a walkover in all my old gear with only that new 2h, died ~twice with only around 650 all resi. Torment 3 is not really all that different today but I have ~800 all resi now with some of the new stuff.

Frenzy - Maniac, Battle Rage - Marauder's Rage, Leap - DfA, Rend - Bloodbath, Earthquake - Molten Fury, Wrath of the Berzerker - Insanity. Bloodthirst, Boon, Weapon Master.

60k damage unmodified, 1m Toughness, 7.7k healing. Spam rend for heals, stand anywhere you like.

Edit - just got obliterated by Plagued Electrified Orbitter Desecrator + whatever else Mallet Lords but with care was np.
    Last edited by Skeptic; March 7 2014 at 12:40:38 PM.

I've leveled a wizard to 60 and been really enjoying playing the game again. Currently rocking an Arcane Disintegrate build. Just started Torment III today and its going very smoothly so far.

Have a HC monk at 56, played further/longer than I did the first time around. Only on expert as I have no fancy gear, but at least the drops are more enjoyable this time. I've actually found legendaries!

if anyone else has noticed that this game is meant to be kinda decent now after being burned by how shitty it was on release, and wants to try playing it again, msg me on irc tomorrow me and DF are probably gonna do a playthrough

So I found a level 34 legendary. Thunderfury...with a glorious 95dps.

10 levels before that, a Zweihander at 62.3dps.

Actually seeing useful legendary drops...well fuck me, Blizzard has my attention.

Yeah, finding upgrades after the inital ones is still slow.
    My mage that i leveled to 60 in 2 days still uses a pre Loot2.0 set of weapons (Chantodos thingy).

well it wouldnt be too much fun if you got showered in legendaries either i suppose