hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150157158159160161162 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3234

Thread: Diablo III- Don't Fear The Reaper

  1. #3181
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,929
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    I mean... I'm pretty disappointed in their decision to do this too. Gotta recognize that new Blizz isn't old Blizz anymore though, money talks and bullshit walks. Hearthstone and Overwatch are both evidence of that.
    >2018

  2. #3182
    Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8, 2011
    Posts
    487
    They are deleting down votes on the trailers, at one point the cinematic had 300k thumbs down and it is now steadily rising from 60k.

  3. #3183
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    They are deleting down votes on the trailers, at one point the cinematic had 300k thumbs down and it is now steadily rising from 60k.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA


    As of right now.

  4. #3184
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,403
    Read reddit, you can see they got YT to apply some sort of anti-bot heuristic to remove 100k dislikes in one go (no likes though). Of course, this is at least the 3rd time they've reuploaded the trailer (to reset all comments and dislikes) and silently changed URLs to it in e.g. launchers. So people are pissed at the news and pissed at having their honest opinions censored, so they're each actively restoring their downvotes.

    Blizzard-Activision are playing this social media PR so so badly, it's quite incredible how stupid or brazen they're being about gaming the systems and pushing on with the plan to milk some mobile-gaming mugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  5. #3185
    Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8, 2011
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    They are deleting down votes on the trailers, at one point the cinematic had 300k thumbs down and it is now steadily rising from 60k.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA


    As of right now.
    https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/diablo/videos

  6. #3186
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Hull Breach
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    They are deleting down votes on the trailers, at one point the cinematic had 300k thumbs down and it is now steadily rising from 60k.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA


    As of right now.
    https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/diablo/videos
    They just removed another 300k dislikes.

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  7. #3187

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,253
    The backlash about all this is beautiful. Deservedly so too, what a stupid fucking time to announce it.

    Of course, the target audience for he game isn’t the people causing an outcry so it remains to be seen if it actually hurts Blozzard, but we can hope.

  8. #3188
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    The backlash about all this is beautiful. Deservedly so too, what a stupid fucking time to announce it.

    Of course, the target audience for he game isn’t the people causing an outcry so it remains to be seen if it actually hurts Blozzard, but we can hope.
    yea but what is the target audence realy?
    Diablo fans? Nope.
    Casual mobile gamers? (Do they even exist in any large numbers?) Why would they be excited if they weren't already diablo fans, so see previous point.

    This realy is the era of dissapointments from the AAA devs.

  9. #3189
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,585
    Oh. Appearently the backlash is due to "toxic masculinity" now.

    Guess we should have seen that coming.


    Link only. It's huge.
    https://i.imgur.com/kzEGqli.jpg

  10. #3190

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Oh. Appearently the backlash is due to "toxic masculinity" now.

    Guess we should have seen that coming.


    Link only. It's huge.
    https://i.imgur.com/kzEGqli.jpg
    Worst thing is you see some massively upvoted comments yelling about SJWs on the video "proving" them right and making everyone look like an ass.

    Then again it's perfectly likely they might not delete those comments but delete others to steer the narrative, it's not out of the realm of possibility. But even then, those people do exist, and it's fucking tragic lol.

    That said, most of the idiots pictured above are just as fucking painful.

  11. #3191
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Oh. Appearently the backlash is due to "toxic masculinity" now.

    Guess we should have seen that coming.


    Link only. It's huge.
    https://i.imgur.com/kzEGqli.jpg
    What a shock.It's like SJWs are useful idiots for corporate interests and are used as means to hush any legit criticism by labeling it as sexism, racism, white supremacy etc. Never saw that coming...Now let's all watch latest hit Ghostbusters and jerk each other how progressive we are.

  12. #3192
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    They are deleting down votes on the trailers, at one point the cinematic had 300k thumbs down and it is now steadily rising from 60k.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA


    As of right now.
    https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/diablo/videos
    They just removed another 300k dislikes.
    Interesting. How much would it cost to have YouTube perform this service? Asking for a friend, of course.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  13. #3193
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Oh. Appearently the backlash is due to "toxic masculinity" now.

    Guess we should have seen that coming.


    Link only. It's huge.
    https://i.imgur.com/kzEGqli.jpg
    What a shock.It's like SJWs are useful idiots for corporate interests and are used as means to hush any legit criticism by labeling it as sexism, racism, white supremacy etc. Never saw that coming...Now let's all watch latest hit Ghostbusters and jerk each other how progressive we are.
    With all the stuff I've read about how ruski and altright (same thing really) trollfarms operate, my money is on that you're all being baited into thinking this is done by feminists or progressives.
    Last edited by Venec; November 4 2018 at 07:46:07 PM.

  14. #3194
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,531
    And if I were you all, I'd wait on someone serious to report on this and not jumping the hate bandwagon based on some random screenshot compilation from imgur, which is known to be one of the main distribution chanel of trollfarms, other being reddit (same thing more or less).
    Last edited by Venec; November 4 2018 at 07:54:48 PM.

  15. #3195

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Oh. Appearently the backlash is due to "toxic masculinity" now.

    Guess we should have seen that coming.


    Link only. It's huge.
    https://i.imgur.com/kzEGqli.jpg
    What a shock.It's like SJWs are useful idiots for corporate interests and are used as means to hush any legit criticism by labeling it as sexism, racism, white supremacy etc. Never saw that coming...Now let's all watch latest hit Ghostbusters and jerk each other how progressive we are.
    With all the stuff I've read about how ruski and altright (same thing really) trollfarms operate, my money is on that you're all being baited into thinking this is done by feminists or progressives.
    "you're all"

    Just rufuske being the usual high revving fuckwit having his 2 minutes of REEEEEEE SJW, rest of us mostly had a polite chuckle knowing that it's likely just a couple of nutters which are not lacking in this world.

  16. #3196
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Oh. Appearently the backlash is due to "toxic masculinity" now.

    Guess we should have seen that coming.


    Link only. It's huge.
    https://i.imgur.com/kzEGqli.jpg
    What a shock.It's like SJWs are useful idiots for corporate interests and are used as means to hush any legit criticism by labeling it as sexism, racism, white supremacy etc. Never saw that coming...Now let's all watch latest hit Ghostbusters and jerk each other how progressive we are.
    With all the stuff I've read about how ruski and altright (same thing really) trollfarms operate, my money is on that you're all being baited into thinking this is done by feminists or progressives.
    "you're all"

    Just rufuske being the usual high revving fuckwit having his 2 minutes of REEEEEEE SJW, rest of us mostly had a polite chuckle knowing that it's likely just a couple of nutters which are not lacking in this world.
    But if I can't be extreme about being oppressed/the Western world's collapse/capitalism failing the people/commies wanting to dismantle all the good of capitalism, how can I be excited about things?

  17. #3197
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    They are deleting down votes on the trailers, at one point the cinematic had 300k thumbs down and it is now steadily rising from 60k.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA


    As of right now.
    https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/diablo/videos
    They just removed another 300k dislikes.
    Interesting. How much would it cost to have YouTube perform this service? Asking for a friend, of course.
    And why are they bothering?
    Removing multiples of 300k dislikes (as claimed) when that doesn't stop the ratio being anything more than appalling - what's the goal here?
    It has, when I've looked sporadically, been going steadily up. 13k likes, 416k dislikes and 2.4m views now.

  18. #3198
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,403
    They've gone full retard, that's all. Someone's paid to ensure the trailer's uploaded and has a decent ratio (and no authority to change tack), thus they'll keep reuploading it until people get bored of disliking the nth duplicate of it.

    Again, retarded, unaware of Streisand effect, somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  19. #3199
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,825
    Thing is I think that Blizzard is doing a Trump.

    They don't care. They don't give a fuck about the fans who went to Blizzcon. They aren't the target market anymore. Making AAA title games is expensive, and given how expectations are through the roof anything they do PC Diablo wise won't sate those bloated expectations.

    The target market is mobile gaming drones who can be milked as easily as a hormone-pumped cow. They want to sell micro-transactions, they want to put out a minimum effort re-skin of an existing Diablo mobile knockoff and rake in serious cash for little effort.

    But how do you market a shithouse re-skin of an IP mobile gamers have never heard of nor care about to a saturated mobile gaming market. You create a shitstorm and let the outrage industry of the culture war go into overdrive and suddenly everyone is talking about your shithouse game and screeching at each other. Activision is getting millions in free promotion and the name of its game in front of an audience who would have ignored it if they just quietly launched it.

    This was what gamergate was about before all the carpet-baggers of outrage attached their shit to the term - opposing the debasement of gaming into nothing but broken games stuffed with loot boxes, season passes and microtransactions. It was against the tame gaming media who desperately shill any turd the industry shits out.

  20. #3200
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,929
    They could literally remaster D2 and be golden. However that gameplay is considered too complex or something now. Meanwhile PoE...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •