Results 3,221 to 3,234 of 3234

Thread: Diablo III- Don't Fear The Reaper

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    How do you eat piss? Freeze it?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    The "gamer entitlement" thing is absolutely pants on head

How about neither of us owes each other nothing as customer and business. If your product is shit, I don't buy it. And I reserve the right to call it shit
    It isn't really about entitlement. It's about an established game company pushing a mobile game that's played on touchscreen stuff with a massive IP behind it. It will sell like hotcakes, not only in China as some people were saying.

It all sound good so far, right? Established game company is putting out a potential gold mine so they can invest in their IPs.

The issue is that EA used to be a great game company. Look at the titles they put out. The game studio murdering EA came a bit later, about the same time the microtransactions started.

I'm not saying the microtransactions are the devil. But they're an easy way to monetize. So easy that it breeds complacency. Why make a great product when you can make a product and stick microtransactions on it and make a heap of monies that is a lot larger than the great product whilst entailing less work, less QA, less testing and so on and so forth.

Blizzard seems to be bent over by Activision or at least being pushed that EA/Activision way of putting out mediocre products that are choke full of any other ways of monetizing except making a really good product. They did well with Diablo III - eventually. So far all their products are still very good and very playable - and that's good. However, Diablo Immortal raises all the red flags - development by a Chinese company, it's a mobile game (really crappy to play on a touchscreen unless it's FTL or XCom, really), it's being pushed in a really superior way to a bunch of people who are not really interested ("you guys have phones, don't you?")...

That's where the backlash is coming from. Entitlement is not ok, of course. But when you see your favourite game developer doing this, you will rage. Depends on your age, obviously, but is what it is.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

If I had games on my phone, I'd want something i can play for 5-15mins while i have a shit or im incredibly bored while out and about, and thats only after i've exhausted the news and youtube. Issue is most mobile games are utter trash spamware with adds, permissions, monitisations and timelocks.

I guess im just not the demographic, but then neither are the majority of the people at blizcon, in the press conference after, the co-founder says 'still an element of hardcore gamers who will only play on PC' or something to that effect, that blizzard are still going to make something for, but their best Devs are working mobile now.
    The people at the Con are this element of Hardcore gamers, So ultimately Blizzard dont want to appeal to this element in main anymore, they want to appeal to kiddos.

Maybe they see Activision doing the TrippleA thing, and Blizzard moving into Mobile. Either way, I cant see anything satisfying about the Diablo Immortal, its generic skinning, I dont know why you'd play it over Diablo III once you've finished the campaign, playing with other people will be AIDS.

For mobile you have Hearthstone, The Impossible Game, Out There, Star Traders, Quiz Up. There's really no need for a damn Diablo game on mobile from a PC gamer's perspective. And those were like 99.9% of the people present at Blizzcon.

Apparently it's not just generic skinning, though.
    https://youtu.be/D7uIk_sslXc
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

How about neither of us owes each other nothing as customer and business. If your product is shit, I don't buy it. And I reserve the right to call it shit
    please take your common sense elsewhere

are you retarded cosmim8? EA has been squeezing studios at least since the westwood split

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    From 2014
    The next next chapter in Sanctuary's epic saga has been unveiled. Summon your sickles, put on your pointy hood, and get ready for Happy Reaper™ —the definitive Diablo experience coming soon to web and mobile!

What is Happy Reaper?
    In Happy Reaper, players take on the role of Malthael, the Angel of Death, who's recently returned to Sanctuary with a vengeance. With a series of well-timed mouse clicks or finger taps, you'll skillfully guide Malthael through a network of ancient Pandemonium ruins to collect human souls and obliterate all puny nephalem with your trusty Death Laser of Doom™.
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/13607...aper™-4-1-2014
    At least the april fools joke wasn't a reskin, or didn't have MTX.
    "@BurntFarts: No it is completley new and has nothing to do with that game. " Priceless.

I mean, there are plenty of situations where people make entirely unreasonable demands to suit whatever idiotic idea they have or how thing should be even though plenty enjoy it or it has no sense behind it.

But in the end you're definitely right there.

It's almost as if things are hardly ever absolute and everyone is full of shit. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

I mean, there are plenty of situations where people make entirely unreasonable demands to suit whatever idiotic idea they have or how thing should be even though plenty enjoy it or it has no sense behind it.

But in the end you're definitely right there.

It's almost as if things are hardly ever absolute and everyone is full of shit. :P
    Yeah that happens the most. But it seems to have become more common where developers and their cheerleaders try to paint any valid complaint as manbaby tears

> Turns up to ice cream convention
    > Has had some amazing icecream in the past
    > Has been hinting about something new for at least a year
    > Tells everyone they have this amazing health bar coming out to supermarkets soon

Its not what they announced thats pissing everyone off, its the way they announced it and who they announced it to. I'm sure a diablo mobile game essentially made by the people that have been making pay2win diablo knockoffs on mobile for years is going to do really well, but in a room full of people that thought they were about to get a new diablo on PC announcement, this was a bad announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

HEY GUISE WE MAYD A NU GAYME ! UR MUM CAN EVAN PLAY IT NOW! GUD RITE? WUT U MEEN NO GUD CUZ U HAV 2 PLAY ON UR 5" FONE N NOT UR 21-34" PC SKREEN?! U BABY FUK U ITZ NOT REELY 4 U ANYWAY LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Such a meme worthy dumb answer. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    if thats blank for anyone else:
    https://9gag.com/gag/aOYVp9r