hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [TMA] Sov upgrades that are not ore or pirate detection

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar

[TMA] Sov upgrades that are not ore or pirate detection

Ok, so the gravimetric (ore prospecting array) and anomaly (pirate detection array) upgrades are well understood,and presumably functional.

What about the others?

Survey network claims to increase the number of mini-profession sites... but I've never heard of anybody being too thrilled by this, even though semi-permanent mag spawns, in particular, would be insanely useful.

Pirate entrapment array should do the same for signatures, and maybe ONLY DED complexes? I've heard of people installing these, so they presumably do -something-? Is there a function or any math known about how it works? Does it raise the chance of the plex spawning in your const? Does it attract an already existent spawn

And I've heard the quantum flux generator is just outright broken.

Anybody have ANY sort of data or numbers for this stuff?
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

last time I had to deal with this I got told those 2 upgrades are not working properly/not worth it and have never bothered again since. Wouldn't mind either to get some insight onto those.

wormhole and complex (and rumoured to be the exploration site one too) are kinda-broken, in that all they give is an increased chance to spawn a complex or wormhole compared to elsewhere in the region.

Complexes still obey the X-per-region limit so unless your alliance farms the entire region regularly it won't even trigger. The wormhole thing is possibly broken further, since last time someone checked, it made no statistical difference between any other system in the region.

Oh, and both upgrades only really 'work' when there's only a single system with that upgrade per region, otherwise you're just competing for the same resource (unlike the pirate and asteroid arrays)
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    So basically there's, say, 10 mag sites per region, and if I'm the only one running a survey array I should, in theory, get them more often?

Om that note, do mag/radar sites respawn immediately or are there delays/randomization to the number of spawns?
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

In theory yes.

IIRC all DED complexes are capped per region, but nobody has done a statistical analysis on the other exploration sites so who knows what the respawn timers are?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    In theory yes.

IIRC all DED complexes are capped per region, but nobody has done a statistical analysis on the other exploration sites so who knows what the respawn timers are?
    In wormholes they're nearly instant, however I dunno how much that differs between W-space and K-space.