hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Control Towers

Re: Control Towers

I bought one of every animal.. and maybe a year or two down the road I'll sell them off as collectors items

They're also a silly easy way to make money in high-sec. Arguably the easiest way to make ISK in game aside from the initial profitability research and going through having to buy a corp to anchor your pos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    They laughed at Einstein. They laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the clown.

Can someone write a short guide about the skills needed to run a reaction tower. Also a basic paint image about the route the moon stuff goes. Smt like Mine > put in "whatever" > wait for it to finish cycle > do smt > sell

Just to give me a general idea about it once i know what to look for i will google the shit out of the process.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

skills needed: anchoring I

moon miner -> silo -> reactor

the more complex the reaction, the more types of moon minerals you need, and the more silo's you need to do the dual inputs.

http://www.isktheguide.com/ section 9 on the pdf

Thanks, apparently i forgot that my market / whatever alts dont have any standins. I'll need at least 1.0 faction in order to set up a tower in 0.1 system (so i might need up to 3.0 faction standing /o\).

If the pos gets reinforced i cant take anything from the pos (from the materials used for reactions / the end products)? Im really wondering how to do it properly, i might end up asking the corp of my (official) alt to invite my scrubby 0 SP trader alt so i can do some POS bznz. :/
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl
    Thanks, apparently i forgot that my market / whatever alts dont have any standins. I'll need at least 1.0 faction in order to set up a tower in 0.1 system (so i might need up to 3.0 faction standing /o\)
    If you need on the spot instant faction standings, starting from zero standings, run the relevant datacentre agents. Should cost you less than 200m to reach 4.0-5.0 ISH
    Victory!
    Battle: Himmelsdorf 12 August 2011 20:21:48
    Vehicle: BT-2
    Experience received: 4,760
    Credits received: 7,831

Like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarthaginian
    Thanks, apparently i forgot that my market / whatever alts dont have any standins. I'll need at least 1.0 faction in order to set up a tower in 0.1 system (so i might need up to 3.0 faction standing /o\)
    If you need on the spot instant faction standings, starting from zero standings, run the relevant datacentre agents. Should cost you less than 200m to reach 4.0-5.0 ISH
    Ace, thanks for the advice

Actually the payout is terrible now (unlike some months ago). I realised that i can make 3 times the money for the 2 hrs / week i will be spending on this. Well, it will be fun for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarthaginian
    You don't need faction standings to anchor towers in systems whose sec status is 0.3 or less, AFAIK.

[youtube:3nk0f9md]5HjGbjbsrP0[/youtube:3nk0f9md]

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubutai
    You don't need faction standings to anchor towers in systems whose sec status is 0.3 or less, AFAIK.
    Didn't they up that to include 0.4 systems as well? I thought there was something in the patch notes afterwards like "oh shit, 0.45+ was rounding to 0.5 and thus was needing charters".
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk
    Didn't they up that to include 0.4 systems as well? I thought there was something in the patch notes afterwards like "oh shit, 0.45+ was rounding to 0.5 and thus was needing charters".
    Pretty sure you still need standings for 0.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk
    They removed that somewhere around tyrranis IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydo View Post
    confirming you DONT need standings for 0.4. Cant remember when it changed to that, but it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydo View Post
    Anyone got a Faction Tower BPC drop or module drop recently ?
    I heard these stopped dropping. Can anyone c/d?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkyte View Post
    C

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard...995&page=7#204
    Quote Originally Posted by CCP Dropbear
    this was addressed already by CCP Greyscale:

We're looking at adjusting the supply of these at some point in the reasonably near future, possibly.

So...we are already aware of it. No need to file bug reports.

Faction towers will go back in someday if we can ensure a better distribution of them. That's the issue here, and as others noted, it's exacerbated by high-sec (low-risk) POS, and so on. End of the day it's a distribution method that wasn't working as intended and needs a fix, if one is even possible (hence the "possibly" in Greyscale's reply).

I'm sorry we can't provide more details right now, but that's where this particular thing is at right now. BFF has much bigger fish to fry, I think you'd all agree, so it'll get some attention, but only once other priorities are dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkyte View Post
    They are supposed to drop from mag sites, but have not done so for a long time now. CCP is 'investigating' why they stopped dropping, but its been broken forever now and is clearly not a high priority.Edit: beaten.

So the best way to fix this is to go gank a bunch of faction hi sec towers? That sucks