hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 110 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3930

Thread: [ARMA2] DAYZ Thread - pr0lurker is a moron

Quote Originally Posted by jbend9620 View Post
    fuck sniper rifles in a zombie apocalypse.
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post
    More on this topic actually, if DayZ annexed some other mods, we could have ACE sniping, which actually makes it harder than HURR-DURR-POINT-DMR-AT-DUDE, with realistic windage correction and shit like that.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

i wouldn't mind seeing sniper rifles removed from the game, but then again, it isn't that uncommon for houses to store such arms. not counting the as50, of course.

either way, they are pretty lame (when you are on the receiving end). perhaps rocket could just make them shittier. for instance, hitting head shots at 800m with a cold barrel is sort of bullshit. also, laying in the prone for a long time should make you get cold, very cold.

but such a mechanic would suck - about as gay as the optics glare in bf3. i can't see them being removed, so, yeah. if anything, the reality of sniperfags shows how playing during the night could be advantageous. night just needs to be improved and i will embrace the shadows.

More on this topic actually, if DayZ annexed some other mods, we could have ACE sniping, which actually makes it harder than HURR-DURR-POINT-DMR-AT-DUDE, with realistic windage correction and deploying bipods and shit like that.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    More on this topic actually, if DayZ annexed some other mods, we could have ACE sniping, which actually makes it harder than HURR-DURR-POINT-DMR-AT-DUDE, with realistic windage correction and shit like that.
    uuuuu that would fucking rock
    if i get blaped at 600m while at full speed running by an ACE sniper i'm gonna congratulate the fucker
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident

I was sniped once while I running -> going prone. Just in the middle of the animation. Right in the face.
    I dropped my headphones and went outside for a while. Luckiest shot ever.

Me and manto played for a bit aswell tonight, logged on next to a deerstand. I checked it and he went in front of it with his binoculars out scoping out the next town. No sooner had i blapped 2 zombies with my m4 than amantus had caught a sniper round in the face. Looking back on it was funny as fuck. He was backlit by the horizon and everything, binoculars to his face. He couldn't have made it easier. lol

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Lost a 58day char. Fair enough 35 of those were afk, but still. I tried to take on a chopper spawn by myself with just a Lee Enfield. Didn't work.

Nevermind, respawned and found a Ghillie Suit in the second building I went into.
    lol, so that really was you.
    Was that the helo spawn near solnichniy?
    If so, fuckin lol.
    Was on a different server, around Vishnoye or however you spell it.

I did bump into someone on EU41 earlier, we were both hurting by the look of it, and looked at each other, decided it was better to NOT aggro all the zombies by having a shootout, and went on our separate ways.

Lost a 58day char. Fair enough 35 of those were afk, but still. I tried to take on a chopper spawn by myself with just a Lee Enfield. Didn't work.

Nevermind, respawned and found a Ghillie Suit in the second building I went into.
    lol, so that really was you.
    Was that the helo spawn near solnichniy?
    If so, fuckin lol.
    Was on a different server, around Vishnoye or however you spell it.

I did bump into someone on EU41 earlier, we were both hurting by the look of it, and looked at each other, decided it was better to NOT aggro all the zombies by having a shootout, and went on our separate ways.
    ah, watched this one dude today run at a helo spawn with a lee enfield out and thought nothing of just shooting the zombies and aggroing everything. I had already checked it, it was pre-looted. Still funny to watch.
    Also, grats on the ghillie but it seems the newest patch has killed a lot of ghillies :S

Patch notes anyone?

Also the fuck are you saying about ghillies getting killed . There better not be a bad surprise when I get home.

e: regarding the sniper hate

I agree though, snipers are imba, but stay off my AS50
    Last edited by The Monkeysphere; July 10 2012 at 03:00:09 AM.

Spoiler:
    a large faecal log spread out on the oversized scrotum of a domestic pig
      Spoiler:

FAO: all the faggots hating on sniper rifles.

I recall reading something that suggested ACE had been contacted to incorporate some of its aspects into DayZ and basically told rocket to fuck off.

Also, has anyone with a ghillie suit managed to log in and not lose their shit or do I need to stick with 1.7.1.5 for a bit longer?

:derpatalk:

Bad@tanks

I have a ghillie suit and am also too paranoid to login.

i wouldn't log in. the servers are acting really fucked up, at least for my buddies and me. one dude logged out for a bit and was magically teleported from kozlovka to balota. was nice because it healed him up completely, but kind of disconcerting.

Reading while the game is unplayable: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=31959

E: also patchnotes

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=32371

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update
    Please do not post messages of support or abuse. Please only post your feedback from having tried the update, or any serious issues.

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:
    https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Torrent File (Full Install)

Use Beta patch 94444 or above
    Download from http://www.dayzmod.com/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94444.zip if having trouble with BI site due to demand (thanks Vipeax!)

Build Notes

UPDATE : 9 JULY 2012

Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.7.2
    * dayz 1.3.1
    * dayz_equip 1.3.4
    * dayz_anim 0.3

Developer's Note:

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
    * [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
    * [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
    * [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
    * [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
    * [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
    * [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
    * [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
    * [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
    * [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
    * [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
    * [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)
    * [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
    * [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
    * [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
    * [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
    * [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
    * [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
    * [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
    * [FIXED] Dead bodies still have the heart beat for low humanity ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35050 )
    * [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
    * [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
    * [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)
    Last edited by The Monkeysphere; July 10 2012 at 03:52:46 AM.

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:

The l85 seems to have been removed too, but that's just coming from the massive whining on the dayz forums.

the zombie detection is definitely increased too. they see soooo much better now, but apparently their hearing was nerfed slightly. i guess you either crawl your way in, anticipate their line of sight somehow while sneaking, or go in guns blazing.

im not updating eu41 to 1.7.2 until a few hotfixes come out. shit it unstable and random gear being deleted

So after spending some time trawling the dayz forums, it appears the l85 has been replaced with the l85 acog. So you lose the thermal scope and gain the grenade launcher. Also *srs*, there are some major weird things going on with ghillies. People that have them and are logging into the new version find themselves invisible (to themselves, via 3rd person, no-one knows about to other people) and people that loot ghillies in the new version are finding themselves getting insta killed/teleported to the ocean. For the people that already had them, relogging to fix it seems to make it worse and either a) clears your inventory or b) respawns you automatically with newbie gear. LOL.

The patchnotes, as always, are fucking awful but it looks like ghillies have been flat out removed?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread....5485#pid285485 his comment on guns

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread....4669#pid284669 his comment on ghillies

EDITEDIT: yeah rocket hasn't openly said anything on ghillies being removed, just that they're massively bugged atm and not to use them.
    Lastedit: So while furiously alt-tabbing to forums and looting in the dark, I've found and planted 7 bear traps. Looooool, fuck this shit, i never wanted to go inside again anyway.
    Last edited by drealar; July 10 2012 at 04:55:02 AM.

So EU41 is absolutely safe I take it? Never really been around during major updates

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by The Monkeysphere View Post
    So EU41 is absolutely safe I take it? Never really been around during major updates
    Should be, cept I tried logging onto it 4-5ish hours ago and was stuck on "waiting to create character".
    I'm downgrading to 1.7.5 tomorrow when I wake up, eu41's the only one I like playing on anyway.

How do you downgrade?

Also haven't seen many posts on people that had ghillies or camos on before the patch. Still, probably not worth the risk.