Pending Update 1.7.1 Details
Rough outline of what to expect in the pending update.
I will update this as more stuff is put in. Changelog will then follow it.
Performance and Optimization
- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.
- Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).
- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.
- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations
- Additional Idle Infected sounds
- Revised Attack sounds
- Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...
- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.
- Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.