hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 164 of 167 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3323

Thread: I suck at job interviews/I hate my job and everyone sucks[MEGATHREAD?]

  1. #3261
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    10,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What's overtime?

    Tapapapatalk
    What's actual work.
    I want your job if you don't know that.

    I mean no actual work and overtime?

    Must be heaven.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  2. #3262
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What's overtime?

    Tapapapatalk
    What's actual work.
    I want your job if you don't know that.

    I mean no actual work and overtime?

    Must be heaven.

    Tapapapatalk

    I'm quite sure you are familiar with the concept of no work as a teacher.


    

  3. #3263

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    6,929
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    60 hrs a week is fine.

    US firms is closer to 90/wk

    I'm hired for 8h/day. I'll work 8h per day
    That's fine if you are ok never being in jobs with real responsibilities. I'm not advocating a 60hr wk average (45-50hrs maybe), but for higher end jobs if something you are responsible for needs doing, you cant just go home and leave it.
    I won't allow my engineers to work more than 40 hours a week, because I can prove empirically they start to produce shit after that, which starts to get expensive to correct.

    Planning projects isn't hard, even time sensitive ones. There is literally no reason to make people work harder and I can guaretee your work quality starts to slip after 35 hours in a week if you do any kind of work that requires mental acuity.

    If you work 60 hours a week, I hope they pay you 150% of what you think you are worth.
    Aka why korean and Japanese companies are often hilariously bad.

  4. #3264
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    10,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What's overtime?

    Tapapapatalk
    What's actual work.
    I want your job if you don't know that.

    I mean no actual work and overtime?

    Must be heaven.

    Tapapapatalk

    I'm quite sure you are familiar with the concept of no work as a teacher.
    Yeah, my students usually provide nice examples on a daily basis.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  5. #3265
    Ben Derindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,465
    I don't like doing overtime too often. Yes it's 150% of base, and yes there's plenty of work to be done, but personally I'd rather us just have more help on hand than risk running the few of us we do have into the ground. But that can't happen because there's no budget for more help.

    But wait, how is there a budget for overtime? Apparently that's someone else's budget which we can dip into as much as we want. Le sigh.

  6. #3266
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    3,703
    Bosses are now paying for breakfast if we're in before 9 and dinner for overtime. About time, and as someone with nothing better to do I'm taking full advantage.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  7. #3267
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

    Same reason everyone from cops to nurses wants overtime.
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

  8. #3268
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Bosses are now paying for breakfast if we're in before 9 and dinner for overtime. About time, and as someone with nothing better to do I'm taking full advantage.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Why don't you find something better to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

  9. #3269
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,398
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Bosses are now paying for breakfast if we're in before 9 and dinner for overtime. About time, and as someone with nothing better to do I'm taking full advantage.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Couldn't you masturbate or play vidya games? I can't imagine having so little to do that I'd stay it work any longer than necessary.

  10. #3270
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Bosses are now paying for breakfast if we're in before 9 and dinner for overtime. About time, and as someone with nothing better to do I'm taking full advantage.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Why don't you find something better to do?
    At 8:30 in the morning?

    Most evenings I actually do capoeira/some sort of training, the ones where I'm not I'll be staying for dinner :>

  11. #3271
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,398
    Sleeping is what morning is for.

  12. #3272
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    15,412
    In Keckers world everyone is either a Grinning Capitalist Overlord whose income is merely a means of keeping score, or a poor oppressed underclass eeking out overtime to keep little timmy in crutches.

    Mate most people are in the middle. Not poor or desperate, not rich and smug. For most people (at least in Europe) getting more cash for more overtime is a decision that lets you take that extra overseas holiday or buy a larger flatscreen, not put food on the table.

  13. #3273
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In Keckers world everyone is either a Grinning Capitalist Overlord whose income is merely a means of keeping score, or a poor oppressed underclass eeking out overtime to keep little timmy in crutches.

    Mate most people are in the middle. Not poor or desperate, not rich and smug. For most people (at least in Europe) getting more cash for more overtime is a decision that lets you take that extra overseas holiday or buy a larger flatscreen, not put food on the table.
    To feed your consumption addiction. That is capitalism comrade.

  14. #3274
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    15,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In Keckers world everyone is either a Grinning Capitalist Overlord whose income is merely a means of keeping score, or a poor oppressed underclass eeking out overtime to keep little timmy in crutches.

    Mate most people are in the middle. Not poor or desperate, not rich and smug. For most people (at least in Europe) getting more cash for more overtime is a decision that lets you take that extra overseas holiday or buy a larger flatscreen, not put food on the table.
    To feed your consumption addiction. That is capitalism comrade.
    says the guy who spends 1000s on pieces of card that cost a penny to produce. You could even print your own!

  15. #3275
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In Keckers world everyone is either a Grinning Capitalist Overlord whose income is merely a means of keeping score, or a poor oppressed underclass eeking out overtime to keep little timmy in crutches.

    Mate most people are in the middle. Not poor or desperate, not rich and smug. For most people (at least in Europe) getting more cash for more overtime is a decision that lets you take that extra overseas holiday or buy a larger flatscreen, not put food on the table.
    To feed your consumption addiction. That is capitalism comrade.
    says the guy who spends 1000s on pieces of card that cost a penny to produce. You could even print your own!
    I do print my own and play with proxies where allowed but for sanctioned tournaments you need legit cards.

  16. #3276
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,871
    You fat nerds need to go outside more.


    

  17. #3277
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    9,497
    work about sixty hours a quarter crew checking in. it's why I have maintained my teenager looks at 31

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  18. #3278
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In Keckers world everyone is either a Grinning Capitalist Overlord whose income is merely a means of keeping score, or a poor oppressed underclass eeking out overtime to keep little timmy in crutches.

    Mate most people are in the middle. Not poor or desperate, not rich and smug. For most people (at least in Europe) getting more cash for more overtime is a decision that lets you take that extra overseas holiday or buy a larger flatscreen, not put food on the table.
    Do you want to keep misrepresenting me or would you rather engage on a level that is useful and may actually allow one of us to become more enlightened?

    More and more people in the middle are just about getting by on their income, an income which isn't growing with inflation and there's a potential inflationary bomb around the corner which is going to trample all over a labour market which has been convinced it doesn't need pay rises.

    A lot of people in the middle are becoming desperate. It's absolute astounding you fail to recognise this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

  19. #3279
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    9,497
    lallante can't see your prole argument from his ivory law tower

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  20. #3280
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    15,412
    His argument is most people who work overtime only do so because they are desperate. I understand this argument, but as its an extraordinary one I'm waiting for him to drop evidence.

    I also understand this may be distressing to you because what normally happens is I go and evidence MY claims and then you all quietly move the goalposts.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •