hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 200 of 203 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200201202203 LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4052

Thread: I suck at job interviews/I hate my job and everyone sucks[MEGATHREAD?]

Beamter is a weird status. You aren't employed by the government for a start but sworn in. You get a certificate stating your status as a Beamter but no contract. After all, your mode of employment is codified in law anyway. Yes, you can't be fired unless you break the law in some serious way.

Teachers everywhere have more days off that they can't pick than other employees, but ... let's not start that discussion, ok? It's dumb and stupid.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Beamter is a weird status. You aren't employed by the government for a start but sworn in. You get a certificate stating your status as a Beamter but no contract. After all, your mode of employment is codified in law anyway. Yes, you can't be fired unless you break the law in some serious way.

Teachers everywhere have more days off that they can't pick than other employees, but ... let's not start that discussion, ok? It's dumb and stupid.
    Sarcastic mode on
    I mean it's a well known fact that teacher everywhere get paid for correcting afterhour. Oh what am-I saying you never work after hour, they never prepare there course or anything else. They only work for 9 months of the year also.
    Sarcastic mode off

I got more than a few teachers friends and it's the same everywhere. Stupid people are everywhere.

I wouldn't be able to do your job and not for the paygrade they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by SycIh View Post

Sarcastic mode on
    I mean it's a well known fact that teacher everywhere get paid for correcting afterhour. Oh what am-I saying you never work after hour, they never prepare there course or anything else. They only work for 9 months of the year also.
    Sarcastic mode off

I got more than a few teachers friends and it's the same everywhere. Stupid people are everywhere.

I wouldn't be able to do your job and not for the paygrade they are getting.
    IDK. Its true teachers get shafted for the first couple of years but afterwards after they have some experience under their belt a wast majority of them seem to be more than happy with their jobs. and with the amount of free time they have.

People here are willing to pay for stuff. Right now there doesn't seem to be much of an understanding for the need to not make new debts when for years we saved ourselves into a mess. For years we had a federal budget that was applauded by our ministers for being even or running a plus. (At a federal level, states emulated that, states pay for education.)
    Oh wow; see we kind of have the opposite problem in Alberta. The provincial budget used to run at a surplus despite one of the lowest income tax rates in the country (and also no provincial sales tax), and that was entirely because of oil royalties. But as expenses started increasing, rather than raise taxes or reduce spending the provincial government raided the heritage fund to make up the shortfall; by the time it ran out, they'd been ousted by the current NDP government who is now taking the flak for high spending, low revenues, and an empty heritage fund because that's how politics works. People here want things, but they don't want to pay for them; and to make matters worse it's apparently really hard to explain to the average voter that government debt isn't anything at all like credit card debt and that the government spending into a deficit is not actually the reason the economy is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

The last few years we had the news proclaim that the government took in more taxes than expected and predicted in the budget.

The question immediately went to what's going to happen with the money. The public has a long wish list: education, infrastructure etc.

Schäuble paid off national debt.

Compared to a lot of other countries, our debt isn't even that bad.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Lol get Schäubled
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

BUT JOE, IF WE DON'T PAY OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT NOW THEN OUR CHILDREN WILL HAVE TO PAY IT OFF

YOU DON'T WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO GO BANKRUPT DO YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

BUT JOE, IF WE DON'T PAY OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT NOW THEN OUR CHILDREN WILL HAVE TO PAY IT OFF

What is your problem exactly?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

What is your problem exactly?

Tapapapatalk
    I was making fun of people who say that but unironically.

Better yet, public sector pay is way below industry standards for the same qualifications.

We need structural engineers for building permits. The departments can't find qualified people because end of career pay is below entry level with an architectural firm.
    It must be very different in Germany because representing a municipality on its board as its engineer here is pretty lucrative and is generally done in addition to your regular engineering practice, the only exclusion is you must recuse your self from projects you are involved in. Its also extremely nepotistic and getting one of these positions is hugely dependent on who you know/can pay off.

Anecdotally, the cost per hour for review & hearing is about double to triple what we charged to actually create the plans & structural analysis. Then there is the fact that they like to fleece you for everything they possibly can by nitpicking shit to an amazing degree; literally had a set of drawings failed & had to go through the entire process again because the drawings said the Authority Having Jurisdiction was "X Township" and they wanted "The Township of X"

I'm not talking about some minor board but of the department responsible for all building permits and city planning of Berlin. 3.5 million people, capital of Germany, a city in need of 200,000 new apartments by the end of next decadent.

The situation isn't much different across the country though.

It looks like it's quite different here than anywhere else. The wiki article on the Bauaufsichtsbehörde, department for supervision of construction, only exists in German.
    Basically they have to check that each new construction, alteration, renovation (large scale each obviously), use and demolition of buildings of any kind is in accordance with the law and all ordinances.
    Not everything needs a permission, in most states even a demolition only needs to be announced to the department.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

You have a similar thing here Joe. I'd assume it's like that in most Western countries.

doesn't surprise me at all that Berlin measures time in decadence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    You have a similar thing here Joe. I'd assume it's like that in most Western countries.
    Yeah, I assumed as much. Hence my surprise that other places manage with what boils down to volunteers doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    doesn't surprise me at all that Berlin measures time in decadence.
    I blame auto-correct.
    nevar forget

Small but important correction: employer does NOT pay the same amount. They do up to a certain wage, but above that the employee pays more, the empoyer's amount has a fixed upper limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Small but important correction: employer does NOT pay the same amount. They do up to a certain wage, but above that the employee pays more, the empoyer's amount has a fixed upper limit.
    Ah, yeah. Well I only ever got either the exact same by my employer, was a Beamter or earn(ed) enough to get private insurance. Not that I get private insurance because they charge a cool premium due to pre-existing conditions. So I am voluntarily insured with a public insurance. Half of the premium I get from my employer though.
    nevar forget

I just went back from private to public insurance due to the ever increasing monthly rates. And that's without me ever demanding a single cent compensation from them (I'm fortunate enough to never have had any serious illness). I luckily watched a report by accident where they mentioned that this is possible under certain circumstances and those do apply to me.

It'll get worse in the long run and our pensions will be pathetic enough without those costs running away.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Gave my notice today.

New horizons beckon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Gave my notice today.

New horizons beckon!
    What are your plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Gave my notice today.

New horizons beckon!
    Going anywhere nice?