hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 200 of 203 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200201202203 LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4058

Thread: I suck at job interviews/I hate my job and everyone sucks[MEGATHREAD?]

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Well the meeting about getting a raise didn't go exactly to plan, they didn't say no but I was stopped short of explaining why I think I'm worth more so I never got to express upon them the kind of work I tackle and how often I try lead and get the whole team involved on issues

The rest of it just floundered from there, they're going to see what they can do but without me getting a proper chance to list off the great things I've done I don't think they will go the whole hog for me.
    I keep a yearly record of awesome stuff I do and chuck it off to my managers via email when the yearly explanations to HR and other raise/promotion givers come around. It makes it easier for them to sell me to them and they appreciate it as it lightens the requirement for them to remember stuff about me along with all the other crap they put up with.
    Heh, I did the same thing last year.
    4 pages, bulleted with supporting evidence and results.

Manager submitted a fucking paragraph and I "achieved" the objective.
    Achieved (this year) = a shitty, shitty raise (1.2%)

<Good Job> :/
    Play the system, don't let it play you. Look for a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Well the meeting about getting a raise didn't go exactly to plan, they didn't say no but I was stopped short of explaining why I think I'm worth more so I never got to express upon them the kind of work I tackle and how often I try lead and get the whole team involved on issues

The rest of it just floundered from there, they're going to see what they can do but without me getting a proper chance to list off the great things I've done I don't think they will go the whole hog for me.
    start looking for a new job as leverage
    This.

Also leave a big smelly poo in the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

This.

My understanding is that if you find a new job with better T&Cs it's almost always better to take the plunge and take up the offer at the new place than stay put (something something if they valued you that much anyway...).
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

Well my problem is how long I have left in Canada, I doubt many people would want to take me on if they knew I was only going to be around for another 15 months. Some recruiters were trying to line me up for some year long contracts related to deployment work but then I'm gambling on being kept on after the contract expires or finding something to tie me over for the last 3 months before I emigrate again

:immigrants:

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

This.

My understanding is that if you find a new job with better T&Cs it's almost always better to take the plunge and take up the offer at the new place than stay put (something something if they valued you that much anyway...).
    Oh yeah, never stick about if you get offered something new, but even just looking and making it obvious you are doing so can prompt some employers to get their wallet out.

Well my problem is how long I have left in Canada, I doubt many people would want to take me on if they knew I was only going to be around for another 15 months. Some recruiters were trying to line me up for some year long contracts related to deployment work but then I'm gambling on being kept on after the contract expires or finding something to tie me over for the last 3 months before I emigrate again

12 months is fine for a contract tech, etc.

Let the job hunt begin. My resume was two years out of date since my last job didn't even bother asking for one, what a bitch that was to update.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

I'll be on in an hour.

So lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

So lie?
    idk mate could lead to a bad reference if I did something like that

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Got the raise!

phoneposting

Big grats mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Well done boyo.

Had an interview last week. Board results through today, passed the board but 'there were better candidates' so I'm on the reserve list. ~40 applicants, 16 interviewed, 2 got jobs (one was a shoe in), 4 on the reserve list (I think I'm near the top because I got a pretty decent score on my report 25/28, a pass would have been 21).

Basically means that if a similar vacancy comes up in the next 12 months the hiring manager can pick me if they want without having to resort to interviews. There was a manager from another facility sat in there, not on the board officially, so between that and the fact that there are four on the reserve list I'm hoping for a tap on the shoulder soon (although I'm planning on tapping him sooner, or would that be a bad idea).
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

Had an interview last week. Board results through today, passed the board but 'there were better candidates' so I'm on the reserve list. ~40 applicants, 16 interviewed, 2 got jobs (one was a shoe in), 4 on the reserve list (I think I'm near the top because I got a pretty decent score on my report 25/28, a pass would have been 21).

Basically means that if a similar vacancy comes up in the next 12 months the hiring manager can pick me if they want without having to resort to interviews. There was a manager from another facility sat in there, not on the board officially, so between that and the fact that there are four on the reserve list I'm hoping for a tap on the shoulder soon (although I'm planning on tapping him sooner, or would that be a bad idea).
    bad idea, better idea would be to burn it all down. Burn it down.

phoneposting

I agree. Burn them all.

Any common acquaintance you might find/exploit, for the indirect approach?
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

So lie?
    Not gonna lie, i think they should affect missiles too, or get scrpits back, and so on.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    What's a shoe in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    What's a shoe in?
    Being a perfect fit for something. Like a job description and what you do, experience etc matching 100%.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget