hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192199200201202
Results 4,021 to 4,033 of 4033

Thread: I suck at job interviews/I hate my job and everyone sucks[MEGATHREAD?]

Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Had an interview last week. Board results through today, passed the board but 'there were better candidates' so I'm on the reserve list. ~40 applicants, 16 interviewed, 2 got jobs (one was a shoe in), 4 on the reserve list (I think I'm near the top because I got a pretty decent score on my report 25/28, a pass would have been 21).

Basically means that if a similar vacancy comes up in the next 12 months the hiring manager can pick me if they want without having to resort to interviews. There was a manager from another facility sat in there, not on the board officially, so between that and the fact that there are four on the reserve list I'm hoping for a tap on the shoulder soon (although I'm planning on tapping him sooner, or would that be a bad idea).
    Any common acquaintance you might find/exploit, for the indirect approach?
    Went to speak with laddo last week, going for a look round later this week. But essentially if he gets approval to raise his headcount (he's got others in post who are retiring in the next 12-18 months and it takes about that long to get settled into the role properly) and my current spot will release me then I have a job.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

Went to speak with laddo last week, going for a look round later this week. But essentially if he gets approval to raise his headcount (he's got others in post who are retiring in the next 12-18 months and it takes about that long to get settled into the role properly) and my current spot will release me then I have a job.
    I had 4 dell u2715h, and one of them went.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    So I agreed to take on some side work for my former employer as they are understaffed, but only after making it very clear that I would only be able to do so in my free time and would not be committing to doing any sort of set amount of these jobs per week or anything like that. Literally words were "I don't know how much I can do for you at the moment, so I cannot commit to anything, but I will help you out where I can." Que constant calls and bothering me while I'm at my actual job, Constant calls & bothering me in the evenings, Constant calls & bothering me on the weekends. Hounding me via email with questions like "Where is X," or "We need you to Y # of job's this week"; Even having the audacity to ask me to come back to work for them. We'll maybe you should've taken better care of me while I was there and you wouldn't be having these problem.

Quite tempted to tell them to just fuck off at this point; and if I have to shut off my phone again in a meeting because they are spamming redial I am going to have to.
    Just inform them via pro forma email that your hourly rate has increased and is now £X per hour with effect from [tomorrow]. Then start invoicing them at that higher rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    So I agreed to take on some side work for my former employer as they are understaffed, but only after making it very clear that I would only be able to do so in my free time and would not be committing to doing any sort of set amount of these jobs per week or anything like that. Literally words were "I don't know how much I can do for you at the moment, so I cannot commit to anything, but I will help you out where I can." Que constant calls and bothering me while I'm at my actual job, Constant calls & bothering me in the evenings, Constant calls & bothering me on the weekends. Hounding me via email with questions like "Where is X," or "We need you to Y # of job's this week"; Even having the audacity to ask me to come back to work for them. We'll maybe you should've taken better care of me while I was there and you wouldn't be having these problem.

Quite tempted to tell them to just fuck off at this point; and if I have to shut off my phone again in a meeting because they are spamming redial I am going to have to.
    Just inform them via pro forma email that your hourly rate has increased and is now £X per hour with effect from [tomorrow]. Then start invoicing them at that higher rate.
    Where x is at least 50% more than the old rate, preferably 100% more. And a good chunk higher than your old hourly rate.

Yeah I'm thinking that might be the best way to handle it. Either they pay me enough to make it worth the headache or I get rid of the headache all together.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm thinking that might be the best way to handle it. Either they pay me enough to make it worth the headache or I get rid of the headache all together.

It's the only way to handle it which doesn't include you allowing them to exploit you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    No sick leave policy (got taken a days wages off me without any warning or explanation)
    u fuckin wot m8

so they've got the absolute legal minimums for pensions, holidays and sick pay, no progression, no flexibility and a toxic office?

it's not in shirebrook is it?

I may be a little biased right now, but my advice:

Don't get stuck doing something you hate doing, or that is stressing you the fuck out. it isn't worth it unless you literally NEED the money to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

I may be a little biased right now, but my advice:

Don't get stuck doing something you hate doing, or that is stressing you the fuck out. it isn't worth it unless you literally NEED the money to live.
    It's certainly not something I need to survive, I already have a cushy office job, this was just a side gig that I saw as a relatively easy way to make a little extra for myself to spend on goodies. It's also not something I hate, I actually enjoy the work itself, rather it's my former employers who are making things difficult for me by being a constant bother. I understand that they've got a business to run and clients to deliver to, yet they seem unable to grasp that this isn't the focus of my life and that I am doing this as a favor to them more than anything else.

But at this point I consider it more or less settled, I have an email compose already to send in with my bill for services rendered outlining the situation and what I need from them to continue working with them. If they can satisfy my conditions great, if not I am fine with that too and any lurch it leaves them in is their problem, not mine

If you deal with dickheads, always add a Dickhead Surcharge.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    If you deal with dickheads, always add a Dickhead Surcharge.
    Imagined I could add this to my invoices, made me chuckle :3

I think it should be a percentage rather than a fixed sum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

Annual review tomorrow, going to ask for a nice sized payrise and if needed haggle down a little. Also did a nice bit of maths on how much he I'd made the company purely through work I'd done on projects, I didn't add in money I'd made indirectly by allowing other people to work on other projects, I did work out how much I'd made us because of the successes of those projects and the extra work that had brought in and it was a pretty nice figure.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    Annual review tomorrow, going to ask for a nice sized payrise and if needed haggle down a little. Also did a nice bit of maths on how much he I'd made the company purely through work I'd done on projects, I didn't add in money I'd made indirectly by allowing other people to work on other projects, I did work out how much I'd made us because of the successes of those projects and the extra work that had brought in and it was a pretty nice figure.
    Best of luck buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting