hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 204 of 207 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4138

Thread: I suck at job interviews/I hate my job and everyone sucks[MEGATHREAD?]

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Been about 10 weeks since I received formal notice of the offer for a new job. My management are still refusing to give me a release date. Going to try and get hold of my 3-up today and have it out with him. Probably going to have to take it to the union and file a grievance.
    Can you not just fuck off
    FHCers been asking Lark this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Lark is a good lad really.

I have an interview this Friday that has specified "professional, no tie" as dress code.

Do I go jacket and no tie, or shirt no jacket?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Tie.

Nothing else
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

jacket and jeans
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Jacket and no tie. You can always take the jacket off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    That doesn't mean I can't rib him.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    I've not worn a tie to an interview since............actually I don't even remember the last time I wore a tie. I think it was for my first interview. 13 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    I've not worn a tie to an interview since............actually I don't even remember the last time I wore a tie. I think it was for my first interview. 13 years ago
    It's cultural/field specific thing. Suit and tie would be massively overdressed for teachers around here.
    nevar forget

I have an interview this Friday that has specified "professional, no tie" as dress code.

I really like blazers for this sort of thing

I like blazers generally tbh

Blazer and black jeans with a white shirt. From afar you look overdressed BUT NOOOO you're actually the coolest guy in the room

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

Blazer and black jeans with a white shirt. From afar you look overdressed BUT NOOOO you're actually the coolest guy in the room

paradox irl

Last interview I went to I wore a full suit, it was just for a help desk IT position. When they were hiring another person for the same position 2/3 of them showed up late and none of them wore smart dress. I would always wear a suit for an interview, I wore a suit to an interview for a part time receptionist job when I needed anything to get on my feet after emigrating. It just makes more sense to me that you would risk overdressing than underdress for an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Last interview I went to I wore a full suit, it was just for a help desk IT position. When they were hiring another person for the same position 2/3 of them showed up late and none of them wore smart dress. I would always wear a suit for an interview, I wore a suit to an interview for a part time receptionist job when I needed anything to get on my feet after emigrating. It just makes more sense to me that you would risk overdressing than underdress for an interview.
    If in doubt this. It's something we try to teach our students as well. Sure suit on a sixteen year old may be a bit much and way out of place, especially for the apprenticeships ours are applying for. But being well and appropriately dressed is absolutely necessary.

We have students that do internships three days a week for grade 9 and 10 in preparation for an apprenticeship (they would otherwise not graduate with any diploma) and one of the tenth graders apparently went to an interview with a very low cut top and hickeys all over her.

My colleague had a very tough talk when she heard of that from the company.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Tie.

Nothing else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

paradox irl
    ... I didn't think you would leak that picture man

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Gonna look for a new job starting now. Wanted to get xmas/nuyear out the way because fuck quitting just before that. CV done, gotta try find things close by as I'm tied to Liverpool for a few years at least due to other commitments. Any advice for applying without my current employer getting wind of it? Avoiding recruiters in case they decide to call my employer and let slip, which I've heard being done before.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Gonna look for a new job starting now. Wanted to get xmas/nuyear out the way because fuck quitting just before that. CV done, gotta try find things close by as I'm tied to Liverpool for a few years at least due to other commitments. Any advice for applying without my current employer getting wind of it? Avoiding recruiters in case they decide to call my employer and let slip, which I've heard being done before.
    Unless you tell them, they won't know. People do tend to take the data protection and confidentiality aspects of recruitment quite seriously.

Apart from recruiters, but as you've already discovered they're the scum of the earth.

What field? And why hide it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    What field? And why hide it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Android/C# dev

And because I've already seen them push a couple of people out the company, would rather leave than be pushed. They've also got this loyalty complex which annoys the shit out of me, and I guess looking for another job would go against that so I cba with dealing with that while working there. Would rather just go "Got another job m8s bye" and hand i my notice

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I just crunched some numbers quickly.

I currently make just over $40k per year. In order to beat inflation, I need to make $80k/year 30 years from now. That means I have to make an additional $111 month-on-month, every month...for 30 years.

Is there something wrong with my math?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I just crunched some numbers quickly.

I currently make just over $40k per year. In order to beat inflation, I need to make $80k/year 30 years from now. That means I have to make an additional $111 month-on-month, every month...for 30 years.

Is there something wrong with my math?
    No, just something wrong with your country/economy.

And most other countries/economies.