hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 218 of 223 FirstFirst ... 118168208215216217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4443

Thread: I suck at job interviews/I hate my job and everyone sucks[MEGATHREAD?]

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Sounds like you're building a decent CV at least and are doing pretty well.

Any idea how long you're expecting to be in Scotland for?
    A year hopefully.

It's been interesting for sure. Ever since I started working for the government I have always got to do some really cool stuff that has a tangible impact. There is a whole class of ships that are currently in development that I had a hand in moving forward and I just finished an interesting project on a new tri-service system before I left. I just wish it paid a bit better.

got offer (and accepted) for BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing.

whoop, pay cut and more stress here I come. lol

Handing in notice tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Sounds like you're building a decent CV at least and are doing pretty well.

Any idea how long you're expecting to be in Scotland for?
    A year hopefully.

It's been interesting for sure. Ever since I started working for the government I have always got to do some really cool stuff that has a tangible impact. There is a whole class of ships that are currently in development that I had a hand in moving forward and I just finished an interesting project on a new tri-service system before I left. I just wish it paid a bit better.
    Nice. How long until you can tell stories about it? A few decades or never?

Having tangible results of sorts is awesome. That's lacking in too many jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    got offer (and accepted) for BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing.

whoop, pay cut and more stress here I come. lol

Handing in notice tomorrow.
    Nice. Are you already working in (mental) health care?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

nope (currently grocery retail manager), have always done volunteer work in this area though.

working 50-60 hours a week in something i couldn't give a fuck about and then volunteering a few hours in something i do care about gets a bit daft after a while.

decided to make something positive of the pandemic, and use the fact that universities are flapping over the drop in applicants to get a place this year. I was working towards entry next year (doing evening classes, as they needed evidence of 'recent study' even though i already have all the required grades), but basically went to admissions departments with "erm, i manage 30 people... what exactly do you think a high school level qualification is going to demonstrate that I can't show evidence of from work?".

I do think that the drop in applications (or increase in students pulling out) will cause an increase in applicants next year, and potentially Universities that are struggling financially will increase class sizes under a 'let's help out these poor kids affect by last years pandemic' justification. so i'd rather take a bit of social distancing but small class sizes and more resources this year, than the opposite next year.

Grats shio!

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Nice!

nope (currently grocery retail manager), have always done volunteer work in this area though.

working 50-60 hours a week in something i couldn't give a fuck about and then volunteering a few hours in something i do care about gets a bit daft after a while.

decided to make something positive of the pandemic, and use the fact that universities are flapping over the drop in applicants to get a place this year. I was working towards entry next year (doing evening classes, as they needed evidence of 'recent study' even though i already have all the required grades), but basically went to admissions departments with "erm, i manage 30 people... what exactly do you think a high school level qualification is going to demonstrate that I can't show evidence of from work?".

I do think that the drop in applications (or increase in students pulling out) will cause an increase in applicants next year, and potentially Universities that are struggling financially will increase class sizes under a 'let's help out these poor kids affect by last years pandemic' justification. so i'd rather take a bit of social distancing but small class sizes and more resources this year, than the opposite next year.
    Very nice! Congratulations!

Be mindful of burn out and you'll be just fine
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Good stuff all around.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Very nice! Congratulations!

Be mindful of burn out and you'll be just fine
    tbh, 'disasters' tend to perk me up. i burn out with prolonged boredom (properly burned out too, spiral into depression if things are to smooth and boring >_< ). i'm happiest when everything is fucked, hence my longevity with FHC

thanks for the communal big_ups. you can look forward to adorable 'i know what i'm talking about, i'm a 2nd year!' and entirely unsafe mental health advice in the relevant threads soon.
    Last edited by Shiodome; August 18 2020 at 07:49:44 PM.

Ah excellent, redundancy. Just what I needed.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed you find something else soon, perhaps even in an area you find more fulfilling, you never seemed particularly positive about that job.

Sorry to hear dude!

I'm looking at options for retraining, I feel just about ready for studying again since I dropped out of uni several years ago. The biggest hurdle is finances, although some fields like Occupational Therapy are considered in demand and have extra financial support (although it doesn't look like much at first glance).
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I'm looking at options for retraining, I feel just about ready for studying again since I dropped out of uni several years ago. The biggest hurdle is finances, although some fields like Occupational Therapy are considered in demand and have extra financial support (although it doesn't look like much at first glance).
    You might want to check you can receive support first, as you dropped out before you might not be eligible for support on all years of study.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Become community organizer, comrade!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

learn2code!

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Results of the last 3 applications:

#1: No response what so ever.
    #2: No response what so ever.
    #3: No.

gnnnnnnnnngh! <- the sound of frustration. See how good I am at sounddesign? yea. hire me. ...please?

That sucks mate, hope it works out asap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    gnnnnnnnnngh! <- the sound of frustration. See how good I am at sounddesign? yea. hire me. ...please?
    No.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Just got word that I'm layed off. Though technically still employed until end of February, I don't need to show up at work starting tomorrow. "Freigestellt" is the technical German term, don't know what the correct English translation is (released?).

It didn't come as a surprise, considering the industry I'm in (tourism) has been hit hard by the pandemic. We were on short work since March, then declared insolvency at the end of August. There were talks with investors and luckily for those who benefit from it, one investor bought the majority of our shops. The staff of the HO though - of which I'm part off, has all been fired.

Anyhow - will have to look for a new job, ofc. Something that I already did over the past couple of years, just that I had the luxury to cherry-pick the ones I applied to. It's a different situation now, of course. Given my age and the current economic climate due to COVID-19, let's see how this turns out...