hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172
Results 3,421 to 3,428 of 3428

Thread: I suck at job interviews/I hate my job and everyone sucks[MEGATHREAD?]

I'm still finding and cleaning up Access databases driving critical CRM platforms

I swear it's just this one guy leaving a trail of crazy access files with super dodgy VBA that scare the bejesus out of me. Oh and last week I found a txt file on a remote desktop he owned called "passwords" which contained... well, you probably don't have to guess. Let's just say there was a look of users named "admin"

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    I'm still finding and cleaning up Access databases driving critical CRM platforms

I swear it's just this one guy leaving a trail of crazy access files with super dodgy VBA that scare the bejesus out of me. Oh and last week I found a txt file on a remote desktop he owned called "passwords" which contained... well, you probably don't have to guess. Let's just say there was a look of users named "admin"
    I got sent some files recently for a client to help them migrate from chef to pure DSC. In the data files was a few domain admin accounts and keys for their azure storage accounts with more passwords and usernames. I had to carefully point out that this was there and that it was for their live environment, a pretty big product in the industry they work in (80% or so of the market)

People are terrible at password management.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Anyone still using Lotus deserves to go bankrupt.
    I'd say this about windows xp but that would implode our economy and possibly kill hundreds in hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Anyone still using Lotus deserves to go bankrupt.
    I'd say this about windows xp but that would implode our economy and possibly kill hundreds in hospitals.
    You'll be surprised how many ATMs still use XPas well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

C. Basic SQL for data retrieval is something that can be trained in 2-3 days and is an analyst-level skill, but it does make you much more marketable if you're doing a data-intensive role.
    Learning how to get the results of SQL queries into an excel document (live, google sheets to big query is pretty boss) is a really, really usable skill as an analyst. You will be loved.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post

I got sent some files recently for a client to help them migrate from chef to pure DSC. In the data files was a few domain admin accounts and keys for their azure storage accounts with more passwords and usernames. I had to carefully point out that this was there and that it was for their live environment, a pretty big product in the industry they work in (80% or so of the market)

I dont get it, is it really that hard to google "password/<insert term here>/... best practices"
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Yes. People are clueless and they don't know it. Dunning–Kruger effect is real.
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post

I dont get it, is it really that hard to google "password/<insert term here>/... best practices"
    Why would they google anything, isn't that what tech support is for? /s

I'm not even tech support but I feel like it most of the time