hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 507

Thread: Star Conflict - Open Beta, available on Steam - Space ships/WoT style

  1. #21

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    Signed up for the beta today. This game actually looks pretty good.

  2. #22
    Donor Blutreiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,519
    I am in beta.

    Pretty entertaining for a short while. Got potential.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

  3. #23
    Donor Blutreiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,519
    Not sure how much I can say under the NDA, but as far as very basic info goes:

    You have currently 3 different shipclasses, all suited for different roles with different handling. You got the speedy ones, burst type brawlers and you got bigger sniper ships.

    With enough money and reputation you can buy better versions of these ships.

    Also, ships need to get equipped with various modules, from simple repper mods to electronic warfare... some require a prerequisite skill.

    As for skills, you have 3 different skilltrees, each focused on one of the three general weapontypes and either more for tanks, DPS or scouts. Quite handy stuff in there. Bonuses arent too huge, think EVE.

    Combat already feels very competitive, though balancing needs to be done... but since this is still beta, I would say they will get it done till release. I already had some hard ceptor dogfights with other players and it really got my heart pumping. Love it so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

  4. #24
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    You can say all those things under the NDA if you saw the video in the OP before signing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  5. #25
    Donor Blutreiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    You can say all those things under the NDA if you saw the video in the OP before signing it.
    Actually I have forgotten about that video already... derp.

    Today was the first day where I got russians sperging at me. I swear 95% of the players are russian. Game chat is full of cyrillic.

    Also, finally got my frigate and started lasersniping at 10km distance... that stuff hurts so bad, it is almost OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

  6. #26
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    So this just went open beta today, which means two things.

    1) You should pick it up, because tanks in space = fun
    2) My NDA is no longer binding, so AMA?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  7. #27
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    So this just went open beta today, which means two things.

    1) You should pick it up, because tanks in space = fun
    2) My NDA is no longer binding, so AMA?
    Is it shit?

  8. #28
    dpidcoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29, 2011
    Location
    San diego
    Posts
    4,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    So this just went open beta today, which means two things.

    1) You should pick it up, because tanks in space = fun
    2) My NDA is no longer binding, so AMA?
    Is it shit?
    Probably
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

  9. #29
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    So this just went open beta today, which means two things.

    1) You should pick it up, because tanks in space = fun
    2) My NDA is no longer binding, so AMA?
    Is it shit?
    Probably
    No worse than tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  10. #30
    Destoration's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22, 2011
    Location
    Florida Sun Yo
    Posts
    379
    Signed up a few days ago but haven't got a invite. How many invite waves are they doing?

  11. #31
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    Oh dear oh dear.

    Seems I misread the mail that went around. They haven't opened up the beta just yet. They're launching open beta "soon".

    Sorry to get your hopes up, folks. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  12. #32
    Destoration's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22, 2011
    Location
    Florida Sun Yo
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Oh dear oh dear.

    Seems I misread the mail that went around. They haven't opened up the beta just yet. They're launching open beta "soon".

    Sorry to get your hopes up, folks. :/
    I actually just got a beta invite today so maybe they did another wave of invites for everyone.

  13. #33
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Destoration View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Oh dear oh dear.

    Seems I misread the mail that went around. They haven't opened up the beta just yet. They're launching open beta "soon".

    Sorry to get your hopes up, folks. :/
    I actually just got a beta invite today so maybe they did another wave of invites for everyone.
    Oh holy shit so did I

  14. #34
    Destoration's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22, 2011
    Location
    Florida Sun Yo
    Posts
    379
    Only took 20minute for the game to accept my login >.>

  15. #35

    Join Date
    May 20, 2011
    Posts
    147
    Open beta now. It's pretty fun so far. A bit like tanks but a lot more fast paced.
    Give it a try!

  16. #36

    Join Date
    July 23, 2011
    Posts
    639
    who has lasers?

  17. #37

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,842
    Game plays quite ok. Looks like they are setting it up for humongous epic grind of doom though....

  18. #38
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by damaslaus View Post
    who has lasers?
    Faggots who remember when the Frigate's special ability was basically Dreadnought Siege Mode.

    plasma 4 lyfe
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  19. #39
    Zeppelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Gävle, Sweden
    Posts
    1,960
    This looks rather fun tbh. First new game I install once I get the computer parts I've ordered.

  20. #40
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,945
    Pretty fun game.
    A lot more daring from the devs perspective than WoT since it is much more player skill based. You can kill several enemy (human) ships if you can outfly them (but fighting more than max 2 at once usually gets you killed). So with scrubs scrubbing and the generally more complicated setting (3D) than WoT the player base will never get as big.

    Also has a federation and a fed ship with a drone hangar. The sissies.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •