hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

View Poll Results: Who will be the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boston Bruins

1 2.04%
  • Vancouver Canucks

8 16.33%
  • New York Rangers

3 6.12%
  • St Louis Blues

2 4.08%
  • Pittsburg Penguins

5 10.20%
  • Nashville Predators

0 0%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

3 6.12%
  • Detroit Red Wings

4 8.16%
  • Chicago Black Hawks

3 6.12%
  • New Jersey Devils

0 0%
  • San Jose Sharks

0 0%
  • Los Angeles Kings

2 4.08%
  • Other

3 6.12%
  • phpbb critical error

7 14.29%
  • lol-hockey

8 16.33%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: [Official] 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Movember '12 Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012 Cassiuss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    Another year without a cup for the Canucks. It's a pity such a good team can't pull it together for the playoffs.
    Pity or hilarity...
    After the stupid shit they pulled last year? Karma.
    I'm actually an '07.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    St. Louis will be playing Los Angeles in the second round. Nashville will get either Phoenix or Chicago. Wow, my brackets are all fucked up right now. My only correct pick so far is St. Louis.
    Go blues go.

welp

Much I could say, but in the eternal words of the Canucks faithful, "there's always next year..."

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassiuss View Post
    Big Game tonight! Go SENS Go!!!
    fuck yeah! kill the rangers!
    Tro lolo lo lo. Back to the Garden, baby. Rangers take game seven in OT~

Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    welp

Much I could say, but in the eternal words of the Canucks faithful, "there's always next year..."
    Yeah, I get that feeling now. The Failhawks are starting to take on Vancouver's first round and out habit, since winning in the Finals anyway. All the NHL playoff attention in Chicago is a great change of pace over previous years. For a large part of the last decade, Chicago wasn't even a .500 club. Like many Chicago natives during the Bill Wirtz era, I and the rest of the fair-weather fans went to Wolves games, and didn't even acknowledge the Blackhawks were still in Chicago. Incidentally, the Wolves, starting this season after Atlanta's move to Winnipeg, are the new AHL affiliate team for the Canucks (two year agreement).
    Last edited by Xiang Jiao; April 24 2012 at 05:44:35 AM.

You have no idea how hard I laughed when I heard our AHL affiliate would no longer be the moose and suddenly we had prospects down in Chicago...

Sense...

These playoffs make none

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...e-nhl-playoffs

This must be why I couldn't pick a series to save my life this season.

FUCK YES!!!!!!! Rangers win!!!! Fuck all Senators, woo~~

Movember '12 Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012 Cassiuss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianeces View Post

I'm actually an '07.

was a great game to watch too..
    very intense.

I'm with FFFFFFUUUUUUU-

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo13 View Post
    I'm with FFFFFFUUUUUUU-
    I guess you're allowed to be mad, but we'll see you in the second rou...oh, wait. :s

So, umm....how about them hockeys, eh?

I'm trying to figure out why Radulov and Kostitsyn are benched and what Trotz is thinking.

Also, how about this goal?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

The most disappointing news so far for me was hearing that there will be no management or roster shakeups in Chicago after two miserable first round oustings in a row. Last year, they only made it into the playoffs on a fluke win by the Wild on the last day of the regular season, and there's just no reason to let Phoenix boss them around the entire first round. The series ended 4-2, but the two wins were overtime wins after the game was tied in the final seconds of regulation, hardly the commanding victories they had over Vancouver last season to force a game seven. There's so much young talent on the roster, and they make do with squandering it. It's really sad, but if that's the way they want to play it next year, and rest on past accomplishments, go right ahead and fail again.
    Last edited by Xiang Jiao; May 2 2012 at 08:51:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why Radulov and Kostitsyn are benched and what Trotz is thinking.
    Let me guess .... Russians? Out after curfew? Alcohol related? Kostitsyn was anything but team in Montreal and it seems to have followed him to Nashville along with his countryman Radulov.

I'm in total agreement with Nashville's management on this one. It's bold to do while being down 0-2 in a series but it sends a really strong message to the other guys on the team; break the rules and you're benched, no exceptions.

As for Vancouver's post season, it seems that Gillis and AV are safe (some calling for AV's head after being "outcoached" in many post-season match-ups). Roberto Luongo has apparently asked for a trade with possible destinations including Tampa Bay or Toronto, possibly others. Shame to see the guy go, he got a really raw deal from the fans and media here but he's taking it like a real professional and Schneider is going to be a superstar netminder here. Will be interested to see what other shake-ups we have. On the chopping block is likely Mason Raymond but I'm not sure if anyone else is on their way out.

Yeah, fuck that video and the devils.. PHI NJ now tied 1-1 .. From jersey but grew up with a passion for Philly sports. Philadelphia needs more championships, probably not going to happen this year, but we'll see.
    Drunk lurnkin

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysteelz View Post
    Yeah, fuck that video and the devils.. PHI NJ now tied 1-1 .. From jersey but grew up with a passion for Philly sports. Philadelphia needs more championships, probably not going to happen this year, but we'll see.
    I picked Philly to win (after I picked them to lose to the Pens last round). I thought it was a cool fucking goal.

Movember 2012
    I'm in total agreement with Nashville's management on this one. It's bold to do while being down 0-2 in a series but it sends a really strong message to the other guys on the team; break the rules and you're benched, no exceptions.

As for Vancouver's post season, it seems that Gillis and AV are safe (some calling for AV's head after being "outcoached" in many post-season match-ups). Roberto Luongo has apparently asked for a trade with possible destinations including Tampa Bay or Toronto, possibly others. Shame to see the guy go, he got a really raw deal from the fans and media here but he's taking it like a real professional and Schneider is going to be a superstar netminder here. Will be interested to see what other shake-ups we have. On the chopping block is likely Mason Raymond but I'm not sure if anyone else is on their way out.
    Asking for a trade from a winning team (as long as the post season doesn't count) is anything but professionalism.