2) 122mm U-11 - I skipped the 76mm S-54 plinker cannon. It doesn't seem to fit the mindset of the tank to me. If you don't want to use some free xp for tracks, and can't bear the stock 76mm, give in and get the S-54 since it doesn't require the tracks. It's only 1775 more experience to get the U-11 and tracks, though. U-11 is far from a beast, but will one shot some low tier stuff, and put some hurt on higher tier tanks instead of dings. You have to wait for the 152mm to get your beast powers!
3) First engine upgrade - Let's face it, you're too damn slow stock!
4) KV-2 turret - Don't mount it yet!
5) Unlock 107mm or 152mm - 152 is a lot shorter wait than 107. Now mount the bobblehead turret with your choice of God gun.
6) Radio/2nd engine... I was having so much fun derping that I forgot to grab these.
7) More tanks!