hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 241 of 245 FirstFirst ... 141191231238239240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 4897

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    Now I've started Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky, a recommendation I actually picked up from Pewdiepie, believe it or not...
    The worrying thing here is how you were exposed to pewdiepie to pick up a recommendation.
    Heh I watched some of his Dark Souls play-through vids a while back.
    His book review episode randomly appeared on my utub feed and I was somewhat surprised by the, for him, unusual content and as such decided to check it out - wasn't a half-bad watch actually.

Oh and so far Children of Time is really quite good

Currently reading my way through the Mongoliad

Learning all kinds of interesting things about Mongol culture along the way, bit of a black hole in history for me tbh.

Reading anathem by Neal Stephenson, bit.slow ar the beginning but dam does it speed up.

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

Blue at the mizzen, Patrick O'Brien. Perfect considering the conditions
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Just finished a reread of Ready Player One before the film comes out. I still like it for what it is. Curious how the film will handle a few points.

also, because i could - took a photo

Started Seveneves by Neal Stephenson, which so far has been good.

Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky I finished a while ago and it was great - recommend to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nurgles View Post
    Just finished a reread of Ready Player One before the film comes out. I still like it for what it is. Curious how the film will handle a few points.

also, because i could - took a photo
      Spoiler:

+Rep for the D&D module book. Well played.

Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky I finished a while ago and it was great - recommend to anyone.
    Just read the 1st 2 books of Tchaikovsky's latest series. Very good, the second book is much better than the 1st as the over arcing plot is developed.
    As with all his books its based on a clash of cultures. 3rd book is due out this year, its great to have another prolific writer like sanderson

Also just noticed latest book by Will wight appeared in my kindle library , Sky Sworn. Really enjoying so far, this is also a great series if you havnt read the other 3

Seveneves is a book of 2 parts.

Honestly they're so distinct that it's easier to think of them as 2 different stories in the same book.

I really really would love more of the second book. Would watch the shit out of the TV show as well.

After my Ready Player One intermezzo to be up to date with the current hype, I'm back to The Expanse series, book 5 Nemesis Games.

Halfway in, it's quite different than the first four books. No space goo so far. The Rocinate's crew completely split up for the first time since they came together, scattered all over the place, doing their own business. Which - besides the actual stories going on, turns out to be a whole bunch of character building/origins stories.

As with the previous books, I'm quite enjoying it so far. Awaiting the space goo's return.

Reading Babylon's Ashes (Expanse #6) ... wasnt such a fan of Cibola Burns, but liked Nemesis Games better again, that was a while ago though. Babylon's Ashes somehow seems a bit bland now .. dunno .. maybe the break since i read the last was too long, or i ve read too much SF in the last year ... ^^

Has anyone read the Expanse comic book origin stories ?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    Has anyone read the Expanse comic book origin stories ?
    Didnt realise there was such a thing.

Working my way through the 4th book - Cibola Burn - currently though. Its ok. Not really grabbing me like the first couple though.

104 pages into children of Time. Its very good so far.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

The reviews on the expanse comic books are a bit low. I might skip them.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

The whole expanse franchise doesn't pass muster for me anymore

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    The whole expanse franchise doesn't pass muster for me anymore

Currently reading War of Nerves

Holy shit chemical weapons are terrifying. Even the training described in the intro, where the final test is to actually work with live VX is staggering. Also reading how modern Europe might have been very different if Hitler had decided to go to town with some of the early nerve agents gives chills. Given it's published in 2006, will be interesting to see if there is a follow on that covers the Syrian gas attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post

Holy shit chemical weapons are terrifying. Even the training described in the intro, where the final test is to actually work with live VX is staggering. Also reading how modern Europe might have been very different if Hitler had decided to go to town with some of the early nerve agents gives chills. Given it's published in 2006, will be interesting to see if there is a follow on that covers the Syrian gas attacks.
    Ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post

Ordered
    Pity you just ordered it. I generally don't keep hard copy books unless they are reference material, so would be happy to post it to you once I've finished it.

Offer stands for the silent lurkers as well (but Lark has first dibs)