hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Starsector

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Being nice to pirates is pain in the ass, especially since they raid you anyway. Grab some Dominators and just raze their stations.
    Yeah I wasnt sure if it was faction that you could almost negate their threat if you kept their rep up.

Plan change is now in effect and the purges have begun.

Finally got a capital blueprint. Took bloody forever, but I can now build Astrals.

Opened my third colony; volatiles mining and light industry. Set it up in another system claimed by the Persean League, but my commission appears to make them tolerant of my presence.

Now that I can build capitals, I intend to get rid of TriTachyon. I probably could have done it without capitals, tbh, but I prefer to play it safe.

Astral, ew.

Onslaught baby <3

I’ve got the Dominator BP for front line tanking. Also found the Doom BP very early on. I don’t mind putting a pair of astrals on the back line.

Was hoping to find an Onslaught BP, but no dice yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I’ve got the Dominator BP for front line tanking. Also found the Doom BP very early on. I don’t mind putting a pair of astrals on the back line.

Was hoping to find an Onslaught BP, but no dice yet.
    Time to start raiding Hegemony then

Ehh. I’ll get there eventually.

Tri-Tachyon first. Want to practice my tactics on a small faction. Who knows, maybe I get a Paragon BP from them.

And I’ll keep exploring, of course.

Don't memes click inside

Last edited by Venec; September 7 2019 at 07:41:59 AM.

Welp, Tri-Tachyon were a pushover. Knocked over every single one of their colonies in one expedition. Gave them all -15 to -20 stability maluses. Lost a few frigates. Lol.

Acquired paragon and aurora blueprints, plus a few others, and a bunch of weapon BPs (needlers, finally! Also tachyon lance).

Now I need to wait for them to decivilize...

Sniping colonies is laughably easy if you're know what you're doing. Which is a bit of a shame, but ey. Maybe something will change in the release.

too. damn. addictive.

send help... ive not eaten properly in weeks

No help to send.

Started a new run, going to try to get friendly with the pirates and LP...

Conquest is mehest of caps, but prettiest and fun to play - one mistake and you're dead.

Obligatory lolkiteconquest:

I like the Conquest. Ive had good luck using it as the point of a wedge formation. Marx X autocannons for the large weapon slots, heavy maulers for the medium, then a bunch of burst PD lasers. You can engage two targets with your guns and cut one of them off from its group.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I like the Conquest. Ive had good luck using it as the point of a wedge formation. Marx X autocannons for the large weapon slots, heavy maulers for the medium, then a bunch of burst PD lasers. You can engage two targets with your guns and cut one of them off from its group.
    That's one way to do it, until someone farts in your direction and you overload TBH you should build assymetrical, either kinetic/HE (and use jets to flip the sides when needed) or mix kinetic+HE and nothing on the other broadside. Or PD. You save a lot of OPs which you can put into making the shields slightly less crap. You need some reliable defence because that lolarmor. I'm using heavy needlers and hephaestus' plus tac lasers+IPDAI. Spare OP went into MIRVs. With this build it can exchange blows with Onslaught.

Also:

Last edited by Venec; September 13 2019 at 08:20:36 AM.

Just discovered this, bought it on the weekend. Am swallowed, send halp.

Edit: Currently mainly doing the exploration thing, looking for a good planet/system to colonize in a bit. Finding that first derelict research station was a pretty great feeling, lol.
    Last edited by Eranziel; September 23 2019 at 10:52:02 PM.

Research Stations are the source of top-tier loot.

Habitable planets are not common. Good habitable planets are even less common.

The survey equipment hullmod really helps on the whole exploration thing. Fleet of cheap ships (Hounds, etc) with survey equipment and expanded cargo can easily undertake a year-long expedition and survey 20+ star systems.

Yeah, I've only found 2 habitable planets so far, out of a couple dozen probably. Which is good, makes them feel like real prizes.

Hmm, fleet of small/cheap ships would certainly have its advantages. I took the explorer accelerated start, so I'm still using (and quite enjoying) the Apogee, plus a bunch of other combat ships, with some utility backbone. Quite a bit more expensive to operate, clearly. One thing the thread reminded me is to slap militarized subsystems on my civvie ships - having a higher detected range than sensors has gotten me in trouble a couple times.

I also find it interesting how there's some mechanical similarities to Sunless Sea, which I was not anticipating at all. Obviously no gothic Victorian storytelling or terror mechanic, but one of my expeditions I ran out of fuel and supplies just outside of Naraka on the way back - gave me the same sort of vibes, which was fun.

Yup, my current playthrough I also started with the Apogee. Then I sold everything else, bought as many hounds and Cerberus freighters as I could, and a few Drams, and did a mix of smuggling and exploration. Idea is to run away from everything, basically. Then once the sector is mapped, switch to combat and colonization.

You don't need to survey everything at first, if ti looks like a promising system with 2-3 good planet types and stable orbits by all means do it. You can see space debris around planets that have ruins, more debris means better ruins so don't waste your valuable expedition supplies scanning any old shit.

Also struggling to find anything better that hypervelocity/phase cannon eagles, was lucky to pick up two XIV versions early on and they are just rediculous.

Really?

Pretty sure I’ve found planets with ruins that don’t have space debris.