hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940 LastLast

Thread: The Mittani's apology

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    I do not think, however, that there is any credible evidence that they want to dumb down PvP mechanics to the point where suicide ganking will be impossible, i.e. split up Eve into PvP and non-PvP zones, so I think the Goons will be safe to do what ever they want as long as the aren't using existing exploits.
    Since I started playing around 2007:
    - Concord response time cut in half
    - Concord changed to jam players
    - Concord changed to have energy neuts
    - Insurance removed from losses to concord
    - Stealth removal of sec status gain when in fleet
    - GCC mechanics changed to prevent warping after going GCC (exploits aside, this now means you can't use arty thrashers to alpha hulks across several belts before your 15 seconds is up)

And I think I'm still missing a few.
    Changing the sec system from a flat penalty to scaling depending on the security of the system (higher penalty for higher sec system) and the sec status of the target (5.0 characters give more sec penalty than killing a -2.0 player).

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I need to be taken out back and put out of my misery.
    JOKING! JOKING! I wouldn't really want to end your misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    cyberbully spotted

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    I don't think CCP are trying to move on to a different type of player - they've specifically said that the new PR guy will look to sell eve on the basis that it is a hard a cruel universe, along with an end to 'jesus features' designed to bring in a large influx of new players.

The only possible difficulty with the Goon Jita invasion is all the carebear rage that will be induced - people who really don't fully understand the game and want to play in a safe bubble call highsec.

However I think the drama will be glorious and nothing bad will happen, just loud voices and dead spaceships.

There is a difference between cruel hard in-character (ingame) universe. GHSC heist. Brutal wars that obliterate corps and alliances. Suicide ganking and scamming etc etc. Living universe with death penalty that is hard to play but rewarding to survive in. Bad things happening makes good things even more impressive.

And OOC bullshittery, RL harrassment, RL names and addresses and general shitty behaviour that doesn't really sell the GAME so much as embarrass the community as a toxic den of snakes.

One of these things sells subscriptions the other does not. And CCP Marketing guy really needs to realize which is which.

Nothing ever burns down by itself

This thread needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery.
    No point beating it like dead horse as it's apparently pure evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    cyberbully spotted
    This has been hanging over my head since ten minutes ago when I stumbled away from the FHC with a vague sense that I had done something horrible. I didn't know the extent of how much of a shitheel I had been until today, when a quote of my post went up. As many of you now know, I gave out the in-game character name of a forum poster - except that I was so smashed that I didn't recall exactly what I typed (as anyone sitting beside me can tell you). When I refreshed the thread ten minutes ago and saw Lallante complaining about my behavior - not remembering what I'd said - I assumed that I was enduring the usual anti-Frug trolls, and cried a little inside.

Then I refreshed the page again.

Christ.

I feel absolutely ashamed of my behavior on FHC. It's one thing to play a troll on a forum - when I post on these forums I usually do so as 'Frug', and do my level best to convince everyone that I'm an unrepentant forum troll, as that kind of facade provides amusement to me. But I am not that character in real life, as anyone who has met me can attest. I went way, way, /way/ past the line ten minutes ago by mocking the Lubica on an internet forum. I, as a person, am not the entity that I play when I post; I am not actually a sociopath or a sadist, and I certainly don't want people to kill themselves in real life over an internet forum, no matter what I may say or do within FHC. Entrox may say 'FHC is Real', but FHC is not real - and the line between forum posting and reality should not be overstepped.

I'm relieved to discover that Lubica is doing fine and posting away, despite being trolled on FHC. He deserves, and he has, my heartfelt apologies - here in public but not in private where I still think he's a douchebag. There's no excuse for what I did - while some might try to use my stupidity as a mitigating factor, I put myself in that compromised mental state, and the guilt of that is entirely mine.
    Last edited by Frug; April 5 2012 at 06:20:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

cyberbully spotted
    This has been hanging over my head since ten minutes ago when I stumbled away from the FHC with a vague sense that I had done something horrible. I didn't know the extent of how much of a shitheel I had been until today, when a quote of my post went up. As many of you now know, I gave out the in-game character name of a forum poster - except that I was so smashed that I didn't recall exactly what I typed (as anyone sitting beside me can tell you). When I refreshed the thread ten minutes ago and saw Lallante complaining about my behavior - not remembering what I'd said - I assumed that I was enduring the usual anti-Frug trolls, and cried a little inside.

Christ.

I feel absolutely ashamed of my behavior on FHC. It's one thing to play a troll on a forum - when I post on these forums I usually do so as 'Frug', and do my level best to convince everyone that I'm an unrepentant forum troll, as that kind of facade provides amusement to me. But I am not that character in real life, as anyone who has met me can attest. I went way, way, /way/ past the line ten minutes ago by mocking the Lubica on an internet forum. I, as a person, am not the entity that I play when I post; I am not actually a sociopath or a sadist, and I certainly don't want people to kill themselves in real life over an internet forum, no matter what I may say or do within FHC. Entrox may say 'FHC is Real', but FHC is not real - and the line between forum posting and reality should not be overstepped.

I'm relieved to discover that Lubica is doing fine and posting away, despite being trolled on FHC. He deserves, and he has, my heartfelt apologies - here in public but not in private where I still think he's a douchebag. There's no excuse for what I did - while some might try to use my stupidity as a mitigating factor, I put myself in that compromised mental state, and the guilt of that is entirely mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    Slippery slope and all that nonsense.
    That's my entire point. Since I've started playing (and before that even) there's been a consistent trend of buffing concord and changing mechanics to not favor suicide ganking. The most worrying to me is flat out magically disabling warp while under GCC. Until that, the NPC response to going GCC in highsec was all done by the NPCs. The next step will be to make the server magically apply e-war to your ship whether or not concord shows up on grid, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 5 years it gets changes so that the server instantly destroys anyone who goes GCC in highsec.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

cyberbully spotted

Christ.

I think you're supposed to offer to forward on all your ISK (if you played still), but since you don't.... perhaps you could offer to mail over a few internet pony pictures or something in compensation?
    "Hope means believing that the future will be better than today and real hope can only come from the choices that you make."

Banned
    cyberbully spotted

Christ.

Jesus christ I laughed at a Frug post, +rep man
    [img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/c4334df331cf26533dbec098cc1a9a77/tumblr_mgfrlsBnxt1rwv2mgo1_500.gif[/img]

stuff
    I see what you did there. But you forgot to give lubica 10.7 billion ISK.
    Ripard Teg (among others), Rote Kapelle
    Jester's Trek, wherein I ramble about EVE Online, gaming, and geek culture.

cyberbully spotted

Christ.

30day ban c/d

lol if Frug gets banned from FHC for 30 days.

Frug sounds more sincere than Mittens did.

cyberbully spotted

Christ.

brb killing myself irl

e- might reconsider if I am compenstated for the emotional damage suffered from your trolling in digital currency used in the misogynistic land of EVE
    Last edited by lubica; April 6 2012 at 09:22:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

This thread makes me want to kill myself, someone notify the cyber police. I'm going to carve FHC MADE ME DO IT into my arm and get you all banned from the internet forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Constantine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    I don't think CCP are trying to move on to a different type of player - they've specifically said that the new PR guy will look to sell eve on the basis that it is a hard a cruel universe, along with an end to 'jesus features' designed to bring in a large influx of new players.

The only possible difficulty with the Goon Jita invasion is all the carebear rage that will be induced - people who really don't fully understand the game and want to play in a safe bubble call highsec.

However I think the drama will be glorious and nothing bad will happen, just loud voices and dead spaceships.

There is a difference between cruel hard in-character (ingame) universe. GHSC heist. Brutal wars that obliterate corps and alliances. Suicide ganking and scamming etc etc. Living universe with death penalty that is hard to play but rewarding to survive in. Bad things happening makes good things even more impressive.

And OOC bullshittery, RL harrassment, RL names and addresses and general shitty behaviour that doesn't really sell the GAME so much as embarrass the community as a toxic den of snakes.

One of these things sells subscriptions the other does not. And CCP Marketing guy really needs to realize which is which.
    Well Jade, as much as it hurts me to say this, this is an excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy View Post
    cyberbully spotted

Christ.

30day ban c/d
    Dont forget to be contrite in public while raging on the forums about your ban....wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Random McNally View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy View Post
    cyberbully spotted

Christ.

30day ban c/d
    Dont forget to be contrite in public while raging on the forums about your ban....wait.
    I have it on good authority there is actually a youtube video showcasing FRUG and CCP thousand dollar jeans boasting about the intention to mercilessly troll Lubica on SHC dating from January this year...

Nothing ever burns down by itself

Re-ban Marlona Sky FFS