Thread: LOL COMPLAINING THREAD - LAST THREAD IS IN A HONCENTRATION CAMP

LOL COMPLAINING THREAD - LAST THREAD IS IN A HONCENTRATION CAMP

blame jindo minian
    No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games

FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

What's the honyang thing, I never figured out where that came from and saw it put into the thread's title one day and it's been there since.

when you have a bad game its like being back in nam, honyang honcentration camp
    No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games

FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

th is there right now, he got leaver queued right out of europe

Movember 2012Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    th is there right now, he got leaver queued right out of europe
    Nbs

Sweet, E-fame i guess.
    No one did answer that question about Junglers by the way.

I think the issue (and let me add your interpretation of it being a sensitive nerve is wrong) is one of worn out exhaustion. Anyone who has played the jungler role frequently knows the vile vitriol being spewed at junglers by bad players, and how it indicates complete and utter ignorance of some core game aspects.

In this case, because it's FHC and we're all brosefs, Vorkash (who I've never known to be ragey in the past) decided to make a slightly more elaborate post explaining to you that in most general cases the jungler is a role all about time management, just to get some of the more frequent misconceptions out of the way.

Anyway, yeah. Junglers are used to getting a lot of abuse hurled their way, because there are some lower elo misconceptions floating around as to what the role of a jungler is (read: not to win your lane for you)

The job of a jungler is to win all 3 lanes, solo dragon at 9min, solo baron at 25mins, and win the game by headbutting the entire enemy team into the nexus. If you can't do that then you clearly just shouldn't even have the LoL client on your hard disk.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Jungler jobs IMO: Secure buffs/dragon/baron with wards/smite.
    Keep the timers, EG Know when the next dragon spawn is. Know when the enemy blue/red are spawning and steal them. Know when that enemy flash is coming off CD (gank before then), when that enemy ward will drop (gank after), etc.
    In the laning phase, gank lanes that either: need a winnable gank or have an easily winnable gank available.
    Hold a lane while a player shops.
    Keep a "big picture" view of what's happening in all lanes at all times. The jungler tends to be a good choice for the "team captain" because jungling itself is so easy and requires good game awareness.

Not the jungler's job:
    Win your lane for you.
    Carry the team.
    Ward your lane.
    Play the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Keep the timers, EG Know when the next dragon spawn is. Know when the enemy blue/red are spawning and steal them. Know when that enemy flash is coming off CD (gank before then), when that enemy ward will drop (gank after), etc.
    In the laning phase, gank lanes that either: need a winnable gank or have an easily winnable gank available.
    Keep a "big picture" view of what's happening in all lanes at all times. The jungler tends to be a good choice for the "team captain" because jungling itself is so easy and requires good game awareness.

Not the jungler's job:
    Win your lane for you.
    Carry the team.
    Ward your lane.
    Play the game for you.
    QFT

Not the jungler's job:
    Win your lane for you.
    Carry the team.
    Ward your lane.
    Play the game for you.
    The things you listed here are already impossible for any human to do. It's what a jungler should aspire to do, but no one can keep all buffs/objectives and flash/ward cds in their head and spend their time so perfectly to exploit each and every one of them.

Which hopefully illustrates to Jindo that from a decision making/time management perspective, the jungler is the hardest role to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post

Not the jungler's job:
    Win your lane for you.
    Carry the team.
    Ward your lane.
    Play the game for you.
    The things you listed here are already impossible for any human to do. It's what a jungler should aspire to do, but no one can keep all buffs/objectives and flash/ward cds in their head and spend their time so perfectly to exploit each and every one of them.

Which hopefully illustrates to Jindo that from a decision making/time management perspective, the jungler is the hardest role to play.
    I don't keep it in my head I have countdown timers on my other screen.

2 for dragon/baron buffs and another two marking when the wards watching them die.
    2 for blue/red and another two for marking when those wards die.
    2 for mid/top flash timers

6 for misc use.

Not the jungler's job:
    Win your lane for you.
    Carry the team.
    Ward your lane.
    Play the game for you.
    man i almost got trolled.

So, for those complaining about elo hell:

1600 ranked game, we Irelia (me), LB, Rammus, Janna, Sivir vs team tanky bitches Udyr top, Lee, Morde, Ali, MF

Was my first Irelia game in like 4 month or so. So i go ultrasafe start cloth + 5, early trades seem to go okay. Then Rammus + LB go full derp around our blue, we lose a 3vs3 0-2, giving Udyr the edge he needs to bully me around (my lack of practice didnt help, couldnt really judge when to fight back or when to just disengage).

Goes downhill from there, everyone smacks everyone else. Enemy team gets cocky. Were down to mid inhib with no towers downed on their side, its approx 4-15 at that point.
    Magically they start overxtending like mad, we save inhib with a couple of kills. I build ghetto Irelia (Ninja taibi, Wits End, Phage, Sheen, Negatron, Chainmail), its enough that i finally can jump around in teamfights (mainly on MF) without evaporating. LB finally has enough for dcap, which means that she can burst Morde to 20% every time, with us doing the rest. They go for baron, we contest succesfully. Defend some more, gank some guys that solo around in the jungle. Get next Baron, they didnt quite get the timer right, we ace them as they come for contest. Push down mid + nexus.

Much lolz were had.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 13 2012 at 11:50:14 PM.

Relevant quote from old thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkash
    I am not playing junglers in solo queue ever again. I used to, i will just flat refuse. Taking support every time i am not 1st/2nd pick.
    It came down to this for me too. I used to main junglers, but solo-queue destroyed my soul. If you're 1 or 2 pick, take your favorite carry, otherwise support.

Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post

Not the jungler's job:
    Win your lane for you.
    Carry the team.
    Ward your lane.
    Play the game for you.

Jungle timer android/iphone app. Jungle timer application on a second screen/computer. Etc. It's nearly impossible without an external timer though, which to me indicates a game design problem.

Replay here

As requested by Vorkash, a replay. Can I ask some of the higher elo people to watch it and give me some feedback? Because I'm so tired of these games..

This one especially, one of the most frustrating games in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho Void View Post
    Relevant quote from old thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkash
    I am not playing junglers in solo queue ever again. I used to, i will just flat refuse. Taking support every time i am not 1st/2nd pick.
    It came down to this for me too. I used to main junglers, but solo-queue destroyed my soul. If you're 1 or 2 pick, take your favorite carry, otherwise support.
    That was a quote from Voulture.

Bump for people to please check my replay and give me feedback.

your mom is a concentration camp