Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Bouncer II x30
    Curator II x30
    Einherji x10
    Garde II x30

Quite disappointed that Thannies don't get the +25% bonus to drones as well as fighters
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

+25% to drones would make it OP~

<--- points to all the bears

I've seen various fits for Thanatos, and I have a question about rigging:
    What's the best all-round rig set for the Thanatos? 3x Trimarks? 3x Cap Control Circuit? Something in between? When Capital-class rigs arrive it's going to get a hell of a lot more expensive to rig carriers.

Moderator Movember 2011DonorModerator Cue1*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandervecken Smith View Post
    I've seen various fits for Thanatos, and I have a question about rigging:
    What's the best all-round rig set for the Thanatos? 3x Trimarks? 3x Cap Control Circuit? Something in between? When Capital-class rigs arrive it's going to get a hell of a lot more expensive to rig carriers.
    Capital rigs are already in. As for how to fit your Thanatos, I suggest you sell it and buy an Archon.

Seems I'm a bit late with that then. Does no-one use Thanatos these days?

related question: Why would you actually ever want a thanny over any other carrier whatsoever for something that isnt a mission?

Sure, for a mission, shes probably the best, but then someone drops you and you explode because you were bad enough to be missioning in a carrier, so...

+1 for fly an Archon, especially now it barely takes anything to cross train into it

Serious answer though, typically CCC's are for Triage fits where you're going for cap regen and Trimarks are for Pantheon/Slowcat when you want buffer and your cap is coming from other carriers. I wouldn't really consider either to be better for "all around" since you get rather gimped either way but if you were desperate to do it, go for CCC's because if you're fitting Trimarks in Triage, you're going to cap out way too fast.

Regarding why you fly an Archon, the Archon gets far better eHP due to resist bonus and +1 low slot and only loses a mid for it, not to mention cap transfer range bonus which helps alot when you're triage for a BS fleet that moves around a bit or for those times you bump 50km away on your cyno in. Yes, the Thanny will do more DPS on paper with Fighters thanks to the bonus, but in my time flying carriers they get used far too rarely to take advantage of it. I literally only ever dropped fighters for bashing structures and used sentries for dps in all other cases.