hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [TMA] Anti-piracy; solo hunting ebil piwats

TIL: a plated BS is indeed more agile than an unlinked 100mn AB tengu, and thus can be out-flown, just. Certain sparkly khanids weren't trying to make getting out of the belt any easier though, don't try asking a well-known pirate for help.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 26 2012 at 06:48:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    TIL: don't get your drones & cargo/can in cargo's UI over where your locked targets are, because the one you want to select will be under them, and then you would get fucked for not clearing stuff off the field in time.
    Also, have a 'falcon users' contacts label.
    I really could have done with drugs. At least the rigs were free
    Contact groups are back on ?

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

L2labels?
    Really wish there was a way to see FW affiliation when not in it. Currently mauling my true bad/terrible contacts standings settings to try and visualise the two sides when I glance at local. Need more colours/standing settings options, or to learn a trick?

got smart bombed at gate by a fucking smartbomb megathron .... never fly in low sec with pod, there goes 200 mil pod
    NcDot

And you wonder why I've been making tacticals off of gates for every system I've visited? The highsec exit gate is never safe to warp to at 0km. Was welcomed to this element of lowsec a few years back now, dualboxing some nice pods

I think I'm getting this lowsec lark. Might be a no-brainer, but the 2 key things appears to be:

1) an alt to scout with that can run camps, because you must know who's next door, even if it's a highsec or deadend system or not-same-corp peoples but leads to likely-standings intel gleaned via killmails. This scout needs a cov ops cloak because fuck insta-locking tacklers and large gun volleys.

2) a fit that does something unexpected for the behaviour you're showing, be that auto-piloting to a gate, or engaging at a celestial when you've been expected to want sentries' assistance and somewhere to deaggress to.

Like, these are utterly key if you're trucking around in something that can't run camps. There's just so many places people can come from or refit/reship at once they see you approaching that you have to be 1 step ahead. And camps don't give a fuck about having falcons and logi so you'd just die being 'true' solo jumping in blind. And if you're not heading to somewhat busy lowsec, it's fucking dead and you need to get real lucky to find some pew.

Please, let me know where I'm wrong and can improve.

And if there's a better way to track FW membership! (as said above, I don't just mean on-grid via those columns)

I think I'm getting this lowsec lark. Might be a no-brainer, but the 2 key things appears to be:

1) an alt to scout with that can run camps, because you must know who's next door, even if it's a highsec or deadend system or not-same-corp peoples but leads to likely-standings intel gleaned via killmails. This scout needs a cov ops cloak because fuck insta-locking tacklers and large gun volleys.

2) a fit that does something unexpected for the behaviour you're showing, be that auto-piloting to a gate, or engaging at a celestial when you've been expected to want sentries' assistance and somewhere to deaggress to.

Like, these are utterly key if you're trucking around in something that can't run camps. There's just so many places people can come from or refit/reship at once they see you approaching that you have to be 1 step ahead. And camps don't give a fuck about having falcons and logi so you'd just die being 'true' solo jumping in blind. And if you're not heading to somewhat busy lowsec, it's fucking dead and you need to get real lucky to find some pew.

Please, let me know where I'm wrong and can improve.

And if there's a better way to track FW membership! (as said above, I don't just mean on-grid via those columns)
    Make that scout a t3 booster for best performance.

Implying I'm not already.

Why not use a cap booster drop-off transport ship too...

Anyone got some spare falcon accounts to sell me on the cheap? Maybe a supercarrier for RR? BLOPs mercs willing to work for killmails?

Implying I'm not already.

Why not use a cap booster drop-off transport ship too...

Anyone got some spare falcon accounts to sell me on the cheap? Maybe a supercarrier for RR? BLOPs mercs willing to work for killmails?
    I have some bleach you can down, drink of champions m8.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

So long as the ebil piwats drink theirs first
    ...tries to steer this thread back on course...

Hit hard and knowing when to disengage is the hardest part IMO - most pirates are bad at PvP but once they realise how you're fit and have time to reship/refit, then it's time to bail.

Ok, request for thread reboot.

I'm trying this lark again, and feel I'm missing a trick in the basics of trying to split on a gate via aggro. A BS seems just too slow to mwd even without a plate, the scram and/or webs always stop you far short. And yet I have seen many do it, even just to get back to gate and tank-test.
    Assuming I know what's waiting for me the other side, is it down to their hull class whether I can reasonably use this or not, aka BSs won't lock quick enough that you'll make it back, while BCs & smaller will? IIRC recons have good base scan res, and I'm obviously not talking about trying to reapproach vs remote seboed subsystemed fag T3s, just random roaming small gangs that have a little too much dps all together.
    Or is it mostly down to the luck of the spawn and if they remember to overheat tackle vs me forgetting to for the first mwd cycle?

Is there a case for AB/dual prop BSs? I'm thinking blaster boats and/or those with a scram as their main tackle, (e.g. trading the web on a Hype). Anyone tried them? Is AB only just not enough top speed when you actually find you need some, and AB is too easily countered by 1 web even if it always works?

For the arguement of dual prop vs mwd + web, the AB doesn't give you much more if you have more than one web on you (which is very likely), it would be better to go for a web of your own to reduce transversal and get the guns hitting. BS sized guns should have no range problems inside 10km, only tracking issues.

Most of the videos you see of active tanked BS jumping into a gatecamp, reapproaching and then killing the gatecamp is against very bad players who don't pack scramblers and just long points because all they expect is ganks and what noob fits an MWD.
    Last edited by Suleiman Shouaa; June 19 2012 at 08:49:03 AM.

Ok, request for thread reboot.

I'm trying this lark again, and feel I'm missing a trick in the basics of trying to split on a gate via aggro. A BS seems just too slow to mwd even without a plate, the scram and/or webs always stop you far short. And yet I have seen many do it, even just to get back to gate and tank-test.
    Assuming I know what's waiting for me the other side, is it down to their hull class whether I can reasonably use this or not, aka BSs won't lock quick enough that you'll make it back, while BCs & smaller will? IIRC recons have good base scan res, and I'm obviously not talking about trying to reapproach vs remote seboed subsystemed fag T3s, just random roaming small gangs that have a little too much dps all together.
    Or is it mostly down to the luck of the spawn and if they remember to overheat tackle vs me forgetting to for the first mwd cycle?

Is there a case for AB/dual prop BSs? I'm thinking blaster boats and/or those with a scram as their main tackle, (e.g. trading the web on a Hype). Anyone tried them? Is AB only just not enough top speed when you actually find you need some, and AB is too easily countered by 1 web even if it always works?
    Dont fly a bs (or get a mach/vindi)! Get yourself a tengu, snakes and loki links! Or even a command ship (nighthawk/sleipnir) or a 100mn legion/loki and do them good! Never brawl if you can kite!!!!

Tell me about it. That or dirt cheap ASBs.

Are you getting caught up by multiple webs from a rapier or just scrams from BCs/cruisers?

If I saw a group of BCs hugging a gate with no long range web support I'd be tempted to burn away from the gate and split them on the same grid. Obviously depends on composition but could get you 30 seconds with only 1 or 2 viable targets as opposed to a risk of all of them at once or a minute with 1 or 2 targets.

Then again I'll fight moronic groups where only half of them can go over 1 km/s with no rapier support so it may be a terrible idea for what you're encountering.