hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mittani and Riverini on EVE Radio at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I wonder if Riv realizes how badly he fumbled the "If you could make one change" question. If he could make one change to EVE it would be the CSM chair? Really? Good to know the real reasons behind his campaign for the position.
    I thought it was a great moment for him. And he followed the jab right up with a real answer to the question.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I wonder if Riv realizes how badly he fumbled the "If you could make one change" question. If he could make one change to EVE it would be the CSM chair? Really? Good to know the real reasons behind his campaign for the position.
    I thought it was a great moment for him. And he followed the jab right up with a real answer to the question.
    Granted, but I think the joke itself trivialized the state that EVE is in and simultaneously overemphasized the importance of the CSM chair at the expense of all else, even if only in jest, and even if only for a moment. The fact that Riv thought it appropriate to offer that jab as a response at all speaks volumes to his attitude towards both the CSM and EVE itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

The chairman position really should be eliminated. All it does is scream that there is one person on the CSM that is supposed to have more influence than others.

Quote Originally Posted by notbitterenough View Post
    All it does is scream that there is one person on the CSM that is supposed to have more influence than others.
    Without the chairmanship, one person on the CSM will still have more inflience than the others.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    All it does is scream that there is one person on the CSM that is supposed to have more influence than others.
    Without the chairmanship, one person on the CSM will still have more inflience than the others.
    This.

As Mittens said in the debate, the position of chair really has no formalized or structured authority. It exists solely as a conciet to the fact that any panel organization like the CSM needs one person to, well, organize it internally and act as a spokesman externally. If there were no "official" chair position, then the CSM would either be anarchy, or one person would volunteer to act as moderator/spokesman and you're back where you started.

An elected panel like the CSM, on important issues, needs to speak with one voice. The existence of a chairperson merely makes that easier to manage. Beyond that, the position of CSM chair only has as much authority and influence as the community gives it.

Besides which, we all know that if Mittens were not the chair he'd still be a very high-profile CSM member. He'd just be stealing the thunder from the real chair and the community might get mixed messages. Thus I suspect your grievance is not with the office of the chairman, but with Mittens himself.
    Last edited by Steph; March 14 2012 at 02:21:15 AM.

Thus I suspect your grievance is not with the office of the chairman, but with Mittens himself.
    Wrong. I am just observing the massive push by him and his followers who not just want him on the CSM, but for some reason he has to have the chair. Why do you think that is? If it had the same power as the rest of the CSM seats they would not be frothing all over the forums everywhere for him to get it. In the end I really am not too concerned about it. It is the subscription numbers that has CCP by the balls, not the CSM.

Wrong. I am just observing the massive push by him and his followers who not just want him on the CSM, but for some reason he has to have the chair. Why do you think that is?
    Gee, Idunno, maybe because the CSM chairman is automatically the candidate who received the most votes?

Next time I'd suggest you wipe your ass before talking out of it.

Wrong. I am just observing the massive push by him and his followers who not just want him on the CSM, but for some reason he has to have the chair. Why do you think that is?
    Gee, Idunno, maybe because the CSM chairman is automatically the candidate who received the most votes?

They can decline it and it be given to someone else. Also calm down. And you never really gave an addressed my question. Just an outburst.

They can decline it and it be given to someone else. Also calm down. And you never really gave an addressed my question. Just an outburst.
    I didn't give an answer because I don't accept the premise of your question, said premise being that anyone can actually campaign for the Chairman spot. It goes to whoever gets the most votes. There is no separate Chairman election. If you want to get technical, everyone is campaigning for Chairman; Mittens' supporters are just confident that he's going to get the most votes, and given the last CSM election and the lack of an equally strong candidate to oppose him I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    VOTE MITTENS FOR THE CHAIR

I didn't give an answer because I don't accept the premise of your question, said premise being that anyone can actually campaign for the Chairman spot. It goes to whoever gets the most votes. There is no separate Chairman election. If you want to get technical, everyone is campaigning for Chairman; Mittens' supporters are just confident that he's going to get the most votes, and given the last CSM election and the lack of an equally strong candidate to oppose him I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Donor

Your question is an outburst, your statement is invalid.

Donor

Your question is an outburst, your statement is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    if only i'd known...

I think this is a good example of how outside the box a mindset could be. While the way the Chairman was ousted was not the one I had envisioned nor I endorse it, I think if we are to take something positive out of it is how it proves the concept of nothing is ever written in stone within EVE.

A wise person once advice me the focus for this election -> to look for ways to isolate the Mittani by encouraging him to make a sure bet and thus see less DekCo members on the CSM7. when the mittani announced he was going for his >10k votes thing I breath with a bit of relief.

What happened afterwards was an uncalled scandal - a proof of it is how "business as usual" the comment was for us and as such it passed unnoticed below the radar - it was also a shame on how it tainted CCP's otherwise spotless fanfest and the whole CSM7 thing.

Even I couldn't help but to feel sympathy for the mittani given that I know first hand how mean the media can be when it focused on someones real life. Although unrelated, I have too received RL treats and 3 a.m. phonecalls with engrish voices saying how they are gonna kill my mother.

This also sets a pretty bad precedent for both Eve and the GSF - Just like we have learned last year how CCP Games only listen to the media; whenever someone is wishing to deal serious damage to GSF, that person would just need to pack a juicy story, slap a cyber-bullying buzz-sticker on it and send it to the mainstream media. The sad thing is, any attack of this sort will do several orders of magnitudes more damage to EVE Online as a game than to GSF as an intended target.

I will close my comment with a note on Karma. I do believe in Karma, bad things do return to those who procure them. Everything in life happens in "real life" - even EVE stuff. The Mittani is not a saint, and this might be Karma in the works. But the real enigma here is who ever this Kestrel guy actually is, If am right Karma might catch up with him, sooner or later and we'll get this enigma solved.
    Last edited by riverini; April 1 2012 at 05:22:55 AM.