hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149

Thread: pre-fanfest macro purge

  1. #1
    Aurora148's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,723

    pre-fanfest macro purge

    from h-bot forums

    Just have two botting accounts banned and four others that were not botting. Usage about 10 hours a day.

    Anyone else experience the banhammer recently?
    Got 5 accounts down only one was botted with. Know of two others who got ban hammered also.

    To add only one was botting anoms on VMware, was on at downtime but not on for the past 4 days. All accounts banned used sequential names and some on the same email didnt get banned as the names were not sequential.
    Its a bot holocaust. I lost two accounts, one of which was running a brand new hbot account I just purchased today, ~10 hours ago. It had only been running for ~6 hours. Two other (non botting) accounts still up. It must have been something they did just prior to downtime.
    Yeah, same here. looks like CCP did a purge. CSM minutes were a lie! 6 accounts down. several weren't botting.
    Happy fanfest everyone!
    Haha and again bans, I'm not gona tell you how they done it but script is pathetic.
    Haha and again bans, I'm not gona tell you how they done it but script is pathetic.
    If you know why wouldn't you say?
    Haha and again bans, I'm not gona tell you how they done it but script is pathetic.
    If you know why wouldn't you say?
    if this was "again bans" many of us wouldn't just now be experiencing our first, now would we?

    poster implies a scenario which conflicts with known facts, professes knowledge that he refuses to share

    response: disregard

    I'm curious to know if anyone running yesterday wasn't banned, what they did differently, and how the non-botting accounts that got hit were tied to the botting accounts

    i.e. how can we game their heuristics to keep our bots running and get back to cheating with little risk to our mains
    On Saturday and Sunday my bot was not running. I just launched it today at 7:00 EVE time. And I have 4 accounts banned.
    Got hit too. Ran in an empty system, used all the human like characteristics and changed them regularly, varied my log off times and "only" ratted about 10-12 hours a day. First time I've ever been banned. Cry
    Haha and again bans, I'm not gona tell you how they done it but script is pathetic.
    If you know why wouldn't you say?
    if this was "again bans" many of us wouldn't just now be experiencing our first, now would we?

    poster implies a scenario which conflicts with known facts, professes knowledge that he refuses to share

    response: disregard

    I'm curious to know if anyone running yesterday wasn't banned, what they did differently, and how the non-botting accounts that got hit were tied to the botting accounts

    i.e. how can we game their heuristics to keep our bots running and get back to cheating with little risk to our mains
    As its fourth or sixth time i'm getting banned, lost count now, and evry time I tried something different, so its expensive knowledge which i'm not going to pass on public, also becouse CCP read those forums too. All I can say is that this time I got hammed 4 of 11 accounts.
    6 accs hammed from 12. (Only VM clients.) Every clients on diff IP and shared between 4 corp/alliance.
    4 ACCounts down 2 bots out of the 4. HAHa anyway to argue this out in a petition?

    And yes indeed happy fan fest everybody!
    Now is there any lawyer or experienced member that might want to contribute in how we can argue this using the rules? If this a ban wave there is no specific investigation i guess so i think there is a way to argue this out or try anyway?
    6 accounts banned out of 7. Only 2 were bots. Running 23/7,buy plex with isk for all accounts, didn't rename h-bot.exe, vmware from same computer, same ip
    Please re post with the time penalty you got banned and how many times you got banned already. Mine was 10 days first time.
    In normal circumstances
    First you get warning
    Second you get 2 week ban
    Third you get perma ban

    In fanfest circumstances
    First you get 2 week ban
    Second you get perma ban

    So you couldn't get 10day ban ....
    Only exception is RMT as they will be handle manually not by script but then you would get perma ban instant.
    I am banned until the 7th of march so yes i got ten days
    14 days, 1st offense :\
    report botting function peoples

    pvpers who cannot catch bots now report them, its being discussed on 'large' alliance chats to keep down the russain's income, thing is its not just ISK the russians are earning Tongue


    i would say if u got banned, at least petition it, make CCP's wanker have to deal with it rather than ban and forget, say u rat and tell them how you do it! [well at least a 'legal' way], tell them your playing hours too and your lack of sleep Tongue dunno whatever works but be clever
    So how many of he people who got banned also RMT? hmm
    How many hours a day do you run your bot ? 23

    Do you use the human like behavour settings ? yes
    Anyone else find this ironic?
    I would be interested in knowing what you guys with your bots. I only botted at most 8 hours in one day, over the course of last week. I might have botted 4 days. Generally I ran the bot when I was either at work, or asleep. Never both. Last week was my first week to bot. So I'm guessing their pattern recognition and analytics are checked over a 2+ week period of time.

    I know there was a belt ratting bot that got banned in my pocket. He was an asshole who didn't use his chaining settings. I assume he got banned, because for the first time in forever, he wasn't logged in. People talked about him being a bot in local without any regard for him getting in trouble. He skipped the same belts as me (jammers).

    I haven't run any anoms as a bot yet. I just don't have enough SP in the right places to trust the AI yet.

    Sucks for the guys that got banned.
    i lost ALL my accounts in a permaban last year

    many not botting toons

    WHY?

    because i paid ISK for H-Bot thru this forum [with permission] and the guy got caught for RMT'ing and so i was linked to it and the ban hammer never lifted for me, 90m sp toons down the drain Sad
    I believe that these actions are only fanfest propaganda. I don't have my accounts banned, never had. I don't RMT. I have 4 bots, my friend has more and also don't get banned. Maybe we will be banned next few days but anyway...whatever you do it's too late. IMHO they don't look for how long you bot, 23h or 8. Bots are pretty easy to find. Just look at tengu players that uses specific fit or at least subsystem, then check his wallet. You got list of bots, then ban few accounts that had money transfered. So we have multiple accounts baned wchich raises statistics. I think this move is not to ban us permanently but show society how good is policeman. In my country there are days called by policemans "blue days", where all forces are on the street. Just to show ppl that police is there and doing their job, so they can feel safe.

    CCP as professional developer ended "hobby and cool game" stasis and entered "making big money" stasis. So remember that those guys from management have to show profit $$ at the end of month. So it's not interest to ban bots. Especially when Nex Store idea failed at start Cheesy.

    But anyway, whatever will happen I will be pissed if my main get banned and I wouldn't be at PVP, even for a week.
    Don't Hurt your brains on figuring out how they detect you there are so many ways of getting banned on your accounts simpler than all the questions asked here. My simple theory is i got banned in all my accs that i used while my vm is botting the only acc i did not get banned was the one i dont use while botting.

    In other words any activity reported by the server by the same ip in a macro account gets banned, i always have my 4 accounts on but the one that is not active/on station mostly and less time online did not get banned. Is true people can multi client 2 accounts for ratting and do another thing but after they detect your pattern and you do this for an extended time and days... your accounts are banned. Just a theory there are many other factors but the simple fact that you operate multiple accounts in such a complex and clicks in multiple clients at the same time is the easiest way to detect that. Wink Other ways if you have multiple ips or pcs is to trace your wallet or trades.
    I just checked my petitions and i got my second answer since DT. PEOPLE make a petition and complain first answer after a long wait was very unhelpful but after i got cocky and complain the GM told me they are getting many complains and they might fix some unjustified bans. Just ask for the info they have against you and menace them to stop playing with all your accs. There might be 0 hopes but give it a try.
    e-lawyers commence

    2 of my accs payped by Paypal. Banned also.
    Petition that you want your money back. No matter you violated EULA, you have payed for a service and you don't get it. Every lawyer would win that battle in any case. But in fact it is a case not for court but for consumer ombudsman. So you don't have to go to court but report proper institution in Island. And that's all you have to do, they will do the rest, they will control CCP if they are doing something against the law.
    2 of my accs payped by Paypal. Banned also.
    Petition that you want your money back. No matter you violated EULA, you have payed for a service and you don't get it. Every lawyer would win that battle in any case. But in fact it is a case not for court but for consumer ombudsman. So you don't have to go to court but report proper institution in Island. And that's all you have to do, they will do the rest, they will control CCP if they are doing something against the law.
    This isn't as black and white as you make it out to be. While there is the matter of getting what we paid for there is also the problem of the violation of the rules. I'd say this is an interesting case to test, however if everyone who got banned petitions their ban CCP might think twice next time they decide to get swamped.
    While there is the matter of getting what we paid for there is also the problem of the violation of the rules.
    It still doesn't matter. EULA is in fact crap because consumer laws are more powerfull. There are companies that make some agreements that are against the consumer law and they got punished for that. It doesn't matter you have signed up agreement that is against law, it's void because it's against the REAL LAW. Be aware that everything in EVE is CCP's, even your character, that's why you can RMT anything because your are selling somebodys property. So, I am not paying for my character, I pay for access to my account right? So if my access is taken and I payed for service that isn't served something really goes wrong. Ofc the way all game devs solve that problem is common and players don't argue about their laws and money. Want me to ban? Ok, I have violated EULA but give my money back.
    yeah it does suck when u pile money into a game and the makers can take it away just like that, replace CCP with bankers and u got the current world situation atm, they basically own everything and can do what the fuck they want!
    You're basically just "renting" the character and all of your "items" from CCP. Unless you had cash still invested in the game, such as a couple months of paid subscription service, I doubt you'd have any chance of getting any money back.

    The amount of hours, work, or money you have put into the game so far means pretty much irrelevant in terms of financial compensation.
    While there is the matter of getting what we paid for there is also the problem of the violation of the rules.
    It still doesn't matter. EULA is in fact crap because consumer laws are more powerfull. There are companies that make some agreements that are against the consumer law and they got punished for that. It doesn't matter you have signed up agreement that is against law, it's void because it's against the REAL LAW. Be aware that everything in EVE is CCP's, even your character, that's why you can RMT anything because your are selling somebodys property. So, I am not paying for my character, I pay for access to my account right? So if my access is taken and I payed for service that isn't served something really goes wrong. Ofc the way all game devs solve that problem is common and players don't argue about their laws and money. Want me to ban? Ok, I have violated EULA but give my money back.
    Slightly off topic but I'll indulge just to say that the consumer laws you may be thinking of do not apply to services - which is what subscription based games are viewed as.

    If you breach the terms of the contract then the company with which you have the contract with is entitled to cease services without reparation. This is true as far as UK and EU law - regarding other legal jurisdictions I could not say.
    should have some more later if my source can be bothered

    +1 ccp

  2. #2
    Donor Lorkin Desal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,035
    good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    78
    I can't say I'm upset by this news.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Not in space
    Posts
    2,594
    delicious tears etc, but kind of sucks if they're just doing it as a pre-fanfest publicity thing. :\
    Once upon a time, men called me Tsubutai

  5. #5

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,607
    Very nice

    they did the same last fanfest with that mining bot didnt they

  6. #6
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    CVA Providence
    Posts
    4,249
    To echo, botter tears, best tears, not a single fuck given (for them), and applaud CCP for the banhammer swinging.

    Easy to notice evey one is of the "well, 4 bot accounts, 1 non, all were banned, wtf" variety, as if they think the one non-bot account they were rolling (and probably using all the isk on) shouldn;t have been banned. Lol, right.

  7. #7
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Tusker
    Posts
    2,836
    hmm, when roaming with corpmates and we don't catch some guy they all go "fucking botter..." and i just think 'nah, just guy paying attention'. i've always kinda worked under the assumption that 95% of the times a character is accused of botting it's because someone was mad at not being able to catch them, and that there are in fact hardly any botters.

    seems i'm a bit naive and the fuckers do exist and are everywhere

  8. #8
    Movember 2012 Nicho Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,693
    The best part is the plea for internet lawyers to plead their case.

  9. #9
    FourFiftyFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    W Space
    Posts
    850
    God the amount of people with entitlement issues in that thread is just staggering. Ban more of them CCP.




    Tangent:

    I don't know, and I don't think anybody does (except maybe CCP), the true numbers on botting accounts and how much income they provide. However, I think if that number is manageable CCP could create a multipart advertising/PR campaign that makes a spectacle of the mass banning of bots and ramps up advertisement across the board to bring new accounts online.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    February 22, 2012
    Posts
    153
    If AHARM had 100bil of assets removed for exploiting in 1 system, can we have CCP remove supers (& other stuff) funded by bots?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,346
    So, the idiots paid for the bot software with isk and then wondered what would happen when the person selling the software RMT'd it?

  12. #12
    Donor drealar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    limerick, ireland
    Posts
    2,018
    Wonder how many supers were bought using dirty isk.
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman



  13. #13
    punkboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23, 2011
    Location
    Loner corp - Mr John22ta
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post
    Wonder how many supers were bought using dirty isk.
    I would like to know aswell, just not with dirty ISK but botted for and RMT'd. Bet the number is quite high.

    Also, good on you CCP, keep this up. The whines about "unfair" bans and legal action make me smile.
    yes, I am Le terribad at BF3


  14. #14
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post
    Wonder how many supers were bought using dirty isk.
    Going to guess most are/were.

  15. #15
    מלך יהודים
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    7,148
    I would be surprised if the amount of supers that were botted or rmted for is higher then 10%.

    What pisses me off a bit is why ccp does this only for Fanfest promotion. It would be a lot healthier for the game if they did this every month. And no retarded shit with 3 strikes, you get caught you get perma banned.


    

  16. #16
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    15,471
    First offense should be 1 day ban and biomass second should be perma ban.

  17. #17
    I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Durkastan
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    First offense should be 1 day ban and biomass second should be perma ban.
    Yes because I'm sure the bot banning decision never makes mistakes and immediately guillotining the character on suspicion of botting won't cause any problems at all
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

  18. #18
    Moderator Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,813
    http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

    If that 10,000 active player drop is from the macro user purge, the scale of the botting plague is staggering.

  19. #19
    punkboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23, 2011
    Location
    Loner corp - Mr John22ta
    Posts
    1,177
    I would also cream my pants if CCP prevented character trades on accounts that have been caught botting. I've seen posts on other sites where botters just go "meh" sell the char, start new account and buy a clean char, and the cycle begins again. Why the hell should a botter be able to sell a tainted char to an unsuspecting person then use that ISK to go back to strike 1?
    yes, I am Le terribad at BF3


  20. #20
    punkboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23, 2011
    Location
    Loner corp - Mr John22ta
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

    If that 10,000 active player drop is from the macro user purge, the scale of the botting plague is staggering.


    Also, checking the Jita channel, scam contract spam seems to be down. Wonder how many they hit.
    yes, I am Le terribad at BF3


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •