hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Manufacturing choices

Manufacturing choices

I'm at the stage where I'm choosing an area of production to invest about 3 or 4 billion into in order to produce steady income to support PVP. Previously I invented and produced T2 damage mods for a weekly gain in the area of 400million, but it's been some time since I last did this. The question I have now is should I even be looking at T2? Is it needed? I'm pondering if I should save the ISK spent buying a t2 production character and instead look towards higher volume, less SP intensive t1 production in ships for instance, if the profits are there.

TL;DR: Need advice on what areas of production both t1 and t2 are currently more profitable within the confines of my capital, including character purchase.

Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

With only 3-4 billion to work with you're better off opening 2 new accounts and starting characters from scratch to get to the skills you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Poem View Post
    I'm at the stage where I'm choosing an area of production to invest about 3 or 4 billion into in order to produce steady income to support PVP. Previously I invented and produced T2 damage mods for a weekly gain in the area of 400million, but it's been some time since I last did this. The question I have now is should I even be looking at T2? Is it needed? I'm pondering if I should save the ISK spent buying a t2 production character and instead look towards higher volume, less SP intensive t1 production in ships for instance, if the profits are there.

TL;DR: Need advice on what areas of production both t1 and t2 are currently more profitable within the confines of my capital, including character purchase.
    Lazy* T2 mod production can still comfortably generate that level of income per week.

*Lazy in the sense of not needing to check up on prices all that often or spend lots of time fiddling with buy/sell orders... there's no getting around the tiresome effort involved in setting up large numbers of invention/build jobs. :S

I'd suggest getting popular rig (trimark, core def), not dropped mods, and fuel block bpos. They are cheap, take little lab time, require no skills and is often profitable while you have production slots open as invention rarely synch up with production. Ships require expensive bpos and often isn't more profitable then modules, especially when you can't fill a char worth of production slots with them. It is also a huge pain moving it to market so I wouldn't consider it at 3b capital. Small scale invention is okay if you done it for a while.

Still easy profit in t2 invention, you can join everyone else in making macks. Can buy the bpc's or buy a few bpos to start copying.

t1 production is all about economies of scale, i dont recommend that unless you have 10b+ to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeba View Post
    t1 production is all about economies of scale, i dont recommend that unless you have 10b+ to invest.
    I'm assuming you also need a freighter(courrier services count) or does it just save a lot of time if you do?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 View Post
    I'm assuming you also need a freighter(courrier services count) or does it just save a lot of time if you do?
    Depends what you're making, but generally you're going through mountains of tritanium, which generally implies something tougher than a nano-industrial.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by 25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeba View Post
    Yeah, you can use red frog (or cheaper alternatives). But of course it does cost. I run with 4 freighters... but then again I do get through over 1bill trit a week vOv

ninja edit: i do build lots of ships tho. If you are just doing modules, you might get away with an industrail and the occassional courier contract to red frog.

I may need to look into doing some T1 again, it just seems like a lot of effort compared to T3.

Try and use Eve isk per hour. It takes a 10-15minutes to get used to but I found it very usefull and has all the tools you need to figure out what to make, make shopping lists, get profit estiamtes, time to build etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Try and use Eve isk per hour. It takes a 10-15minutes to get used to but I found it very usefull and has all the tools you need to figure out what to make, make shopping lists, get profit estiamtes, time to build etc etc
    I'm a devot fan of EvE IPH. I guess I need to just look at smaller T1 items since I've been trying to get the most bang for my buck with battleships. Ok, I guess I just need to stop being lazy and go start looking. I did this for T2 but never really took the time for T1 since I always assumed the margins were to small.