hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Arma 3. Vietnam Ops. Vietnam Ops everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurskjeld View Post
    Then I am guessing Stratis is the second island, the 'training' island as it were. You can see that the camera is facing acing East-S-E, and there's a radar to the south. That means this can't be the radar site on the northwestern tip of Lemnos.
    Yep. Looks that way in the new vid.

Looking forward to buying this to troll 7th cav dorks.

New video. Czech of making no sense whatsoever, but lots of game footage. New running animations are... interesting. Underwater abilities means the countdown to submarine mods (and sonar stuff) is going!

Otherwise little new. Unless it's hidden in the Czech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    ^robsably aboujt to throw up so goood night failheap IU love you all even you ctrlchris even iuf you keep bnegrrepping me for no reason

I just bought ArmA 2 for DayZ - this shit better not come out and have DayZ jump ship right away

Former 3ID/7th cav player checking in. Looks like a decent purchase and hope to meet some of the old guard to remind them that they really do suck at this game.

Him: Where's my salute soldier?
    Me: They don't salute NCO's in the military.
    Him: I'm special forces and your peer so you salute me."
    Proceed to raid the speshul forses weapons locker, HALO to a high point, and then out score them because I'm damn good with the DMR and know my tables (you don't even need to download gmj sight adjustment anymore now that OA added something similar).
    Proceed to get reprimanded because I wasn't authorized to use that equipment.

Fuck those guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    Former 7th cav player checking in.
    nbs

I honestly hope that with the introduction of underwater environs etc we get to sink battleships with some kind of naval mod in the future.
    Along with being able to fire out of vehicles and wander around a working sub.

Theres a WWII mod for Arma 2 so maybe the attack on pearl harbor would also be able to be faithfully created.

Zomg.

Devblog

Sample pictures

^robsably aboujt to throw up so goood night failheap IU love you all even you ctrlchris even iuf you keep bnegrrepping me for no reason

What we already knew, but put into such earnest writing that it nearly offends to read:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gugla
    As for now, none of the new point-lights cast shadows. This privilege is held only by the Sun and Moon.

Nice. wasnt really that excited for arma3.. the change between 1 and 2 wasnt that stellar.. and i kinda expected the same from 2 to 3. but with the new lighting system, huge map and the potential for DayZ, thats changed.

Looking forward to the stuff coming out of E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    ...potential for DayZ, thats changed.
    This. So much this. While ARMA is fun and all, the survival aspect of DayZ is ace. Having to stay warm, fed, watered and uneaten is pretty immersive!

i fear the hardware hunger that game is gonna have...
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Quote Originally Posted by shoki View Post
    i fear the hardware hunger that game is gonna have...
    From the Arma 3 forums

Quote Originally Posted by FeoFUN
    The good news for you, and all of us, is that member of our russian ARMA-community who was on Gamescom'2011 stated that presentation PC was just a Core i5 3.33GHz with 8Gb of RAM and GTX480 video
    And from the same thread posted by a a dev

Quote Originally Posted by smookie
    If your ArmA2 OA runs at (at least) 40 fps+ on high or max details, it should run ArmA3 without choke on a one level down settings (med or high)
    Mind you going by their previous releases you will need a gaming rig built 2 years after the game is released to run it smoothly

~edit~
    And a quick up date from on of the devs on the ARMA3 forums regarding the Rigs that the recent E3 vids are running on:

Quote Originally Posted by Damu
    "i7-2600, GTX 560, 8GB, SSD" for the trailers and "Talon Core i7 960, GTX580, 12GB, Win 7 64, SSD" for E3
    Last edited by Tailn; June 6 2012 at 01:22:49 PM.

nice.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Lol basically

Greek news sites are reporting that two Czechs have been arrested on Lemnos, after taking photographs and video of military installations. The two claim to be developers working for Bohemia Interactive, out gathering reference material for Arma 3, which takes place on the Greek island. This hasn’t yet washed with the Greek authorities who’ve slapped them with espionage charges.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/11/bo...ed-for-spying/

not the brightest devs

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Maybe this was their plan all along to get some extra publicity around Arma 3

RPS reports that this is going to enter playable alpha on March 5th: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...-on-march-5th/

Sounds like it's time to get a failheap squad together.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    RPS reports that this is going to enter playable alpha on March 5th: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...-on-march-5th/

Sounds like it's time to get a failheap squad together.

-O
    As soon as I read that I went to pre-order and there was nothing to accept my money they link to a shop that is empty.