hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Nerf Incomming?

Titan Nerf Incomming?

Looks like CCP are finally looking at a Titan nerf https://forums.eveonline.com/default...398#post841398

Will be interesting to see what they come up with, perhaps they should just remove the titans ability to fit turrets (and Missile launchers for Caldari) whilst leaving the Doomsday as an anti capital weapon?

Not sure it deserved it's own thread, but due to the amount of "NERF TITAN'S NOAW" post's that seem to pop up, we shoudl try to contain them here rather than shitting up other threads.

inb4 elitePVP PL tears
    yes, I am Le terribad at BF3

Meh. Maybe a tracking nerf. They should still wtfpwn all lesser capitals.

...posted from a potato.

I hope whatever nerf they do won't be like the -20% HP supercap nerf, because that was pretty bad.

Bitterness and shitposting permeate the forum, you can't hope to contain it.

Quote Originally Posted by punkboy101 View Post
    Looks like CCP are finally looking at a Titan nerf https://forums.eveonline.com/default...398#post841398

Will be interesting to see what they come up with, perhaps they should just remove the titans ability to fit turrets (and Missile launchers for Caldari) whilst leaving the Doomsday as an anti capital weapon?

Not sure it deserved it's own thread, but due to the amount of "NERF TITAN'S NOAW" post's that seem to pop up, we shoudl try to contain them here rather than shitting up other threads.

inb4 elitePVP PL tears
    Where does it say that, only mention of titans was the tracking thing wnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by ry ry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punkboy101 View Post

inb4 elitePVP PL tears
    Where does it say that, only mention of titans was the tracking thing wnt it?

It's doesn't say anything but tracking, was just thinking out loud about what they could do =)
    yes, I am Le terribad at BF3

Why not just nerf xl gun tracking and reduce seiged dread tracking nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    because that would effect the faggots who play station games with dreads in low sec currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix Tyrionn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    because that would effect the faggots who play station games with dreads in low sec currently.
    Well fuck them. also want a station game nerf before titan tracking nerf.

Although I am no fan of supers, the hate towards them is reaching stupid levels, esp. from some groups. Inb4 gooNOOB gloating I guess.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

(DaDutchDude is in EVE hibernation in Some Random Corporation)

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchDude View Post
    Although I am no fan of supers, the hate towards them is reaching stupid levels, esp. from some groups. Inb4 gooNOOB gloating I guess.
    Some people just gotta blame something for being bad.

HOnestly, titans individually are just fine.

It's titan blobs that are the problem, nerfing them is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by illectro View Post
    HOnestly, titans individually are just fine.

It's titan blobs that are the problem, nerfing them is more important.
    Nerf blobs? What a novel idea.

I haven't been subbed in about a year, but from what I understand about power blocks in null, wont titan nerfs mainly end in "you must construct additional titans?"

Which ultimately would result in no net change since the way that blobs work means that ship nerfs are proportionally less effective against the groups that can field more of said ships?

I wish I could stop needing to pee on the subway.

Sent from my messenger pigeon using birdatalk

Long overdue, but CCP will probably go about it the wrong way by nerfing stats rather than introducing new mechanics like other creative games do to balance/change the metagame (i.e. Dota).

For example, Titans exploding could do, say, 25M AoE damage to other capitals (and capitals only, or based on sig) on grid. Two or three titans exploding could set off a chain reaction of supercapitals exploding. I would like to see that.

Or, introduce a new ship class (a frigate) whose damage output scales geometrically with time on a single target -- like Starcraft's Voidray or Dota's Ursa.

But no, CCP will just nerf titan tracking because that's easy, and they can continue to with their 3-hour workdays while Hilmar wonders why subscriptions are declining.
    Last edited by bh; February 24 2012 at 05:11:52 AM.

i thought subs were back on the rise?

Quote Originally Posted by mjiryen View Post
    I haven't been subbed in about a year, but from what I understand about power blocks in null, wont titan nerfs mainly end in "you must construct additional titans?"

Which ultimately would result in no net change since the way that blobs work means that ship nerfs are proportionally less effective against the groups that can field more of said ships?

I wish I could stop needing to pee on the subway.

Sent from my messenger pigeon using birdatalk
    This is exactly the problem.

Lets imagine ccp remove all ships larger than battlecruisers from the game. Then everyone would roam in blobs of drakes right as they are the best ship? "Aha no" - you say - "I can counter drakes with a tornado fleet. Look at how balanced subcaps are!!11!!"

Uh no mate. you counter bcs with bcs and you counter supercaps with supercaps.

tldr: Whatever the 'best' shiptype is in game, it will be flown the most and used in the biggest blobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    i thought subs were back on the rise?
    yes they are.

You must construct more titans to you must blob more maelstroms.

As it stands, anything that can't be alpha-ed will probably get nerfed until it is irrelevant.

Slightly off topic but I just worked out I can buy a Wyvern.. How badly did supers get nerfed and is it worth holding out? (Cant replace it when lost yet, but im like 1 good corp theft away).

Or a Nyx I guess.. Although that character would so need to be trained up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

WTB LoS mechanic. Fuck I dunno.