hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II

Crusader Kings II

Is good. I didn't play the first, but this is like EU3 combined with the Sims, and the result is a whole new level of addictiveness. Seriously. Time just melts, like no other game.

I know there are some EU3 players around here. Anyone up for some CKII multiplayer shenanigans some time?

Is good. Which is really suprising as Paradox Titles are usually shit on release; not so much with CKII as it's polished, bug-free and solid in it's gameplay.

Just makes me more bitter about sword of the stars 2

I haven't played this yet, might do soonish.

Best Paradox game so far, I enjoyed HoI and EU3 but this is such a good game.

Holy shit, I was giving this one a wide berth based on what people have already mentioned with other paradox releases. Might give this a try at the end of the month when I have some funds. I was totally addicted to HoI and EU, so I'm probably going to lose a significant portion of my life on this fucker as well.

What's the learning curve like? I had an easier time learning eve than I did trying to play any of the europa/hearts of iron type games.

It's steep, but nothing an hour of messing around won't fix. My advice is to start small, play as a count while you just figure out the gameplay and all the medieval stuff (which I had shockingly little knowledge about, like barons vs counts vs dukes).

The good thing about the game compared to EU3 is you can kind of roll with the punches and continue even if you're taking a beating, because when your character dies and you take over as the heir you get a second chance at a lot of things, and the game can change quite drastically.

So far my biggest achievement has been starting as the count of Reykjavik (can't remember the county name), and somehow spreading my seed across to the middle east. 200 years into the game and my dynasty is thriving over there, while back home I've liberated Iceland from Norway and am married to the Queen of Ireland.

Ive always wanted to get into a game like this, but every one I try melts my brain before I can get into it. Previously tried Hearts of Iron II and EU:III but I get burnt out on the tutorials before the game even gets going, and if I skip the tutorials I just flounder about for a couple hours until I say "fuck this" and quit.

CANT STOP PLAYING THIS. It's like 1000x better than EU3 vanilla was so I can't wait to see some expansions, it really only needs some tweaking with crusades and I'd like to see more dynamic plots and intrigue, and everything else is just bonus.

FHC Succesion game anyone?

Can't even get past the tutorials, try to figure out army commands and it doesn't explain shit.

Giving this a shot, I love Paradox titles <3<3<3<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    Can't even get past the tutorials, try to figure out army commands and it doesn't explain shit.
    Unless you're derping at something else, you select an army and right click on a destination province.

Very fun, not buggy, and makes for some crazy stories. You try to build an empire...but the feudal system will you in the ass. It's almost as much about the inevitable decline of your kingdom as the rise.

Been playing as duke of Munster. Just became king of Ireland...my second wife just murdered my first son, so I locked her up, made her son into a bishop to bar him from inheriting, and married my daughter matrilinaelly to a galician nobody....who became heir after I assassinated their entire line of succession. My grandkid is now heir to both Ireland, Galicia, and a pretty big chunk of southern Spain won in a holy war. And if I get around to it, I have claims on France and Norway through marriage, and courtier claims against Scotland, Wales, and Brittany.

Basically, game comes down to inviting interesting people with claims to your court, and then biding your time until you have enough financial reserves to hire mercenary bands to overwhelm your friends and neighbors. But there's just enough intrigues and events to keep things unpredictable, and upset your apple cart.

Why doesn't this game have a quickload feature? It has quicksave but I have to resign my game and go back through the menus to load a game.

Because failing is half the fun, you aren't supposed to reload when something bad happens.

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    FHC succession game would be friggin awesome.
    Indeed. Really want to get this but am concerned about shitty laptops ability to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Death View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    FHC succession game would be friggin awesome.
    Indeed. Really want to get this but am concerned about shitty laptops ability to handle it.
    Wait, it's 3D?

Found a nice Let's Play sort of tutorial, having never played the original it's been quite helpful and thankfully the narrator isn't a 12 year old with any sort of obtrusive accent.

How long is it suppose to take for an advisor to finish a mission? I've been waiting for 4 years now on fabricating a claim. Is this normal or am I missing something?

There's a % chance each year that it'll be successful, normally starting at around 10% with a crappy dude. Get one with high diplomacy to increase your chances. Also check if there are any claimants to that county which you can then invite to your court and use to invade (although it means the claimant will become count initially, as your vassal).