hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: An example of how not to do things

He straight up admits to not following the advice in the youtube tutorials he watched that all say 'do an external build and test it before putting everything in the case'. If he watched even a single video on Ryzen 5 he'd know that it was likely his board would need a BIOS update.

Also I have fat sausage fingers and have never struggled to plug in various headers or other things. He's taken the lego analogy to its extreme because he was desperate for content.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    yes, changing a tyre is "easy", but I DON'T WANT TO DO IT. I would not have felt more fulfilled by doing it myself, I would have felt pissed off and tired (lmao)
    What's the negative opposite of gatekeeping?
    Actually you waited one hour + the time it took the help you called for to do the job -> for something that would have taken 15 minutes at most. If time isn't really a thing for you (or people who are waiting for you at work/home), I suppose calling for breakdown cover to change a tyre is something you can do. At the same time, people who actually do break down (engine blown, sheared suspension/spring, gearbox issues and so on) are waiting for cover to arrive whilst cover is changing some dude's car.

The parallel is unwarranted, assembling a PC is something that is part of a hobby, changing a tyre is knowing an essential skill that could save your life (there are places where break down cover could take ages to arrive). That is all
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    yes, changing a tyre is "easy", but I DON'T WANT TO DO IT. I would not have felt more fulfilled by doing it myself, I would have felt pissed off and tired (lmao)
    Actually you waited one hour + the time it took the help you called for to do the job -> for something that would have taken 15 minutes at most. If time isn't really a thing for you (or people who are waiting for you at work/home), I suppose calling for breakdown cover to change a tyre is something you can do. At the same time, people who actually do break down (engine blown, sheared suspension/spring, gearbox issues and so on) are waiting for cover to arrive whilst cover is changing some dude's car.

The parallel is unwarranted, assembling a PC is something that is part of a hobby, changing a tyre is knowing an essential skill that could save your life (there are places where break down cover could take ages to arrive). That is all
    Most if not all modern cars don't even come with spare tires anymore and instead at best have a kit to seal any holes and refill the tire. And those kits are next to useless.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Most if not all modern cars don't even come with spare tires anymore and instead at best have a kit to seal any holes and refill the tire. And those kits are next to useless.
    Most if not all modern cars? Are you absolutely sure? I only bought two new cars in the past 9 years and they both had an undersized reserve tyre with the (rather pricy option) of getting a full size one. Those kits are next to useless because it takes a whole different skillset to use them (when the kits actually are good for something) and their only purpose is to get you to the closest tyre-fitting facility. Yeah in that case calling the breakdown cover is the most sensible thing to do, running a flat can have a really bad impact on suspension and what not.

That wasn't the case I commented on
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres