hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PROM4CSM7

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    The stuff I find most disquieting is the stuff around requiring standing with the owning NPC corp to use NPC stations.
    I never said players would require standings to use the stations, merely that they'd have some sort of advantage if they did.
    At any rate, it's only an idea, and one which I thought of during the conversation at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    As far as getting any information on my performance, you'll find that much of what I fight for is spaceships and spaceship mechanics.
    None of the CSM are really *big* into them. Hell, I even had to explain how some modules actually work..
    As I said, I'd like to have one other member of the CSM confirm this, that's all. Any of them will do. Get one of them to come into this thread, or your thread on the EVE-O forums, and say that you were instrumental in this or that. Right now, their silence when it comes to you is deafening.
    Prom was totally MIA for about 6 months. Not a single post, not a single email. After that, he did work hard on ship balance stuff. The AF boosts were mostly based on his proposals.

I'd dispute that none of us are *big* into spaceships. I spent a lot of time talking about balance changes with prom, for example.

About him explaining what some modules did: I don't think I watched the video for the balance session at the Dec summit, and I can't recall him ever doing so, but I might have missed it. In general, most of the folks on CSM 6 have a pretty decent handle on game mechanics, imho, though not all at the level of detail prom does.

ECM is on my platform, that includes the drones.
    My precious dual Falcon alts I use for solo!!!

Do you want to nerf links in general, or just Tech3 Links to balance/boost Command Ships ?
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

As far as getting any information on my performance, you'll find that much of what I fight for is spaceships and spaceship mechanics.
    None of the CSM are really *big* into them. Hell, I even had to explain how some modules actually work..
    As I said, I'd like to have one other member of the CSM confirm this, that's all. Any of them will do. Get one of them to come into this thread, or your thread on the EVE-O forums, and say that you were instrumental in this or that. Right now, their silence when it comes to you is deafening.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...768#post799768
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mittani
    Prom is a 'troubled' candidate because he was awol for half his term in CSM6. However, for the half that he DID turn up for, he was completely engaged on a daily basis. He's a human EFT, in ways that are a little frightening. If you're an ~elite solo pvper~ or an EFT wizard, you could do worse than voting for Prom.

I'd like to see him back on CSM7. I doubt he'll get a top-7 slot, but at least that way Punkturis and I can keep teasing him about his supercharger in Skype.
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default...226#post795226
    Quote Originally Posted by Seleene
    Prom was indeed pretty much MIA for the first half of CSM 6. However, one day he crawled out of his grave and decided to join the rest of us all supercharged and we couldn't shut him up some days. I got a chance to meet Adrian at the last CSM summit. He's very laid back, spoke up in the meetings and articulated his points well. If you want a human spreadsheet on the CSM, Prom is about as close as you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Do you want to nerf links in general, or just Tech3 Links to balance/boost Command Ships ?
    - Make T3 links less powerful than Command Ships
    - Bring links to the grid (at least) and out of the safes/POS (perhaps caps could stay)
    - Reduce the amount of gimping that T3 ships endure when fitting links
    YouTube - LiveStream

1. What are your ideas for ECM?

2. What was the 'awol for 6 months' all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    1. What are your ideas for ECM?
    - Remove non-racial jamming
    - Weaken multi-specs in some way (be it strength/range/cap usage)
    - Increase SS of all ships, and increase strengths of T2 ships that don't have one over T1 (ie: HACs/Commands)
    - Stacking on modules & drones

I'm not opposed to a complete redesign, but CCP is more prone to adjusting mechanics, than full on redesigns.
    I feel these changes (in addition to boosting damps) would be enough to balance it out.

2. What was the 'awol for 6 months' all about?
    To quote myself from elsewhere:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prom
    Nobody is denying that I was pretty much awol for a couple of months.
    Poor timing IRL resulted in very little EVE-action, as I was working my ass off to keep a job that I ultimately lost.
    My entire summer was shot and I've nothing to show for it, both IRL & in EVE.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Locking is everything (99%) in this game when it comes to combat. As long as there is a chance ECM makes someone take the bench; it will be the most broken mechanic in the game. I don't want to see an adjustment. That will just mean more years will pass before a total redesign happens.

We need ECM completely redesigned from the ground up NOW. Even if it means adjusting/redesigning other game mechanics.

You have my votes, especially for the t1 frig interest, but,
    Poor timing IRL resulted in very little EVE-action, as I was working my ass off to keep a job that I ultimately lost.
    My entire summer was shot and I've nothing to show for it, both IRL & in EVE.
    I just hope that the csm is the correct thing for you to do, consider it twice before actually committing is all I ask, because even though I don't know you I feel a little bit worried about the space samurai. No, I'm not coming out of the closet, just please don't burn yourself out.
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

It wasn't really an issue of being burned out on EVE ><
    YouTube - LiveStream

By all means post the chat logs. The more an more we talk in game, the more inclined I am to give you my votes again this year, or at least part of them. I think a hard line needs to be taken WRT npc null. Half of me wants to give all of my support to the candidate that I think has the best views on this, half of me wants to keep someone in there that will give me that ham proph (and many other good changes).

I'll be throwing at least one vote Prom's way.

I'll be throwing 3/4 votes proms way again this year, if I remember to vote -_-

You have my support ( or at least some of it ). I'm definitely of the opinion that there needs to be someone on the CSM highly invested in the minute balancing of mechanics, and not just how they affect gangs of varying sizes. I'm also glad that there's been confirmation in this thread of the work you put in during CSM6 and an explanation of your AWOL period.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe space View Post
    burning straight up when surrounded by bad guys... when you explode you will be a rising beautiful testament to el33t pvp escaping into the ether above those beneath you and they will immediately realize, upon viewing your bold presence above them, their inferiority and they will feel bad for what they done.
    EVE: Raz Lictor
    WoT: ArmoredPie

[01:00:00] Prometheus Exenthal > ewar is lame
    [01:00:01] Prometheus Exenthal > period
    [01:00:07] Prometheus Exenthal > doesnt matter what it is

i'll let someone tell me how it's out of context or something, but meh...

[01:00:00] Prometheus Exenthal > ewar is lame
    [01:00:01] Prometheus Exenthal > period
    [01:00:07] Prometheus Exenthal > doesnt matter what it is
    Yeah, fucking warp disruptors, they're terrible.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

i lost a navy geddon, there was a tding frig, didn't hit a damn thing.
    irrelevant at any rate, as redesigning all ewar isn't something i'm looking into, just balancing ecm.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Redesign ecm yes, other forms of e war are valid or need buff. Such as damp and nos.

C/D?

...posted from a potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Takon Orlani View Post
    Redesign ecm yes, other forms of e war are valid or need buff. Such as damp and nos.

C/D?

...posted from a potato.
    c
    YouTube - LiveStream