hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PROM4CSM7

PROM4CSM7

Alrighty, so I'm officially in the ballot running

I'm sure most of you are aware of how the new system works. You simply need 100 likes on your campaign post to be on the ballot, then at the end of the month they will announce the candidates who people will get a chance to vote on. So, if you like what I'm trying to represent, help a bro out and like the post

EVE-O thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...=posts&t=68030
    Campaign website: www.promsrage.com

Low-Sec Questionnaire (First Impressions): http://scaurus.com/?p=618
    Low-Sec Questionnaire: http://scaurus.com/?page_id=556

I'm going to be using this thread for any particular questions people would like to direct to me, if they don't feel like posting to the eve-o thread.
    If all else fails, +1 thread is go!
    Last edited by prometheus; February 10 2012 at 12:54:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

You got a link to where you answered the Lowsec Questionnaire?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    You got a link to where you answered the Lowsec Questionnaire?
    I did that questionnaire, but I never got a link for it vOv
    edit; found it, put in OP
    Last edited by prometheus; February 10 2012 at 12:31:28 AM.
    YouTube - LiveStream

You ok with goons derailing your thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    You ok with goons derailing your thread?
    would be less than ideal tbh
    YouTube - LiveStream

I will vote for you if you attempt to increase the time that invention jobs take by 300%.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

I will vote for you if you attempt to increase the time that invention jobs take by 300%.
    It would be interesting if that were limited to weapons, but admittedly I don't know enough about the subject to say that would be the correct way to go about it.

In other news from Jesters Blog;
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    I like the part where Prom proclaims that he accomplished basically everything on his platform. How he did this without participating in the CSM for six months he doesn't say.
    I did all the research & number crunching. I looked at all the angles and reported my findings and concerns to the dev team.
    I extensively tested changes, made observations, proposed changes, expressed player issues and changed peoples minds.
    And lastly, I was relentless, persuasive, logical, and informed. I knew what needed to be done, and I did my best to make sure it got done.

It's not hard to understand; I worked my ass off, and Crucible is the first of the work I have to show for it.
    Had I actually been able to put forth my efforts from the start, there is no doubt in my mind that I'd have been able to achieve everything on my list.
    It shouldn't puzzle you how I managed to achieve so many of my goals in such a short time, it should puzzle you that others haven't.
    Last edited by prometheus; February 10 2012 at 11:43:32 PM.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Prom 4 csm

Yea I hope my support doesn't torpedo you.

...posted from a potato.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    It would be interesting if that were limited to weapons, but admittedly I don't know enough about the subject to say that would be the correct way to go about it.
    Essentially, it's a way to reduce supply (and thus bump prices) without giving more money to the people who hold moons.

I extensively tested changes, made observations, proposed changes, expressed player issues and changed peoples minds.
    And lastly, I was relentless, persuasive, logical, and informed. I knew what needed to be done, and I did my best to make sure it got done.

It's not hard to understand; I worked my ass off, and Crucible is the first of the work I have to show for it.
    Had I actually been able to put forth my efforts from the start, there is no doubt in my mind that I'd have been able to achieve everything on my list.
    It shouldn't puzzle you how I managed to achieve so many of my goals in such a short time, it should puzzle you that others haven't.
    Awaiting confirmation from another member of CSM6 of this work. In the meantime, all I have is Mittens being publicly dismissive of you on Beers With Bolton and another CSM6 member I know being privately dismissive.

The former, I could possibly rack up to your one month stint followed by your departure from Goons. Mittens being dismissive of you happened after you went back to Genos, after all. Would you care to tell this story? You being in Goons, and you trying to convince my alliance-mates in Rote that sov mechanics operating in NPC 0.0 is somehow a good thing do not argue well for you, IMO.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Mittens being dismissive of you happened after you went back to Genos, after all. Would you care to tell this story?
    To start, I was looking for a change of pace at the time. Mittens & VR had been trying to coerce me into GSF for a while, insisting that I'd be perfect for it.
    I figured what the hell, Mittens/VR were pretty chill brosefs IRL, and going to the GSF is about as big a change as any. I had nothing to lose, really.

It was fun for a week or two. It was nice to have a bit of a blue list, and being able to get to the bads in Cobalt Edge was made easier.
    However, the GSF influence made it even harder to get fights than when I was in PL. I then left and went back to my m8s of ~3 years .
    That's all there was to it.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    You trying to convince my alliance-mates in Rote that sov mechanics operating in NPC 0.0 is somehow a good thing do not argue well for you, IMO.
    [ 2012.02.08 19:42:46 ] Prometheus Exenthal > on the one hand, NPC stations are heavily exploitable by large 00 entities
    [ 2012.02.08 19:43:08 ] Prometheus Exenthal > on the other hand, NPC stations allow for smaller entities to work in 00
    That is what I said, and he and I even discussed possible ways to make things better for the smaller groups of people who are a bit more permanent than the larger alliances.
    Go and ask him again what we talked about, and if doesn't mind, I'll even post the chat log.

As far as getting any information on my performance, you'll find that much of what I fight for is spaceships and spaceship mechanics.
    None of the CSM are really *big* into them. Hell, I even had to explain how some modules actually work.
    If the subject is something that I am not particularly knowledgeable in (ie: pos mechancis/sov warfare), I keep my mouth shut unless an idea is so stupid that even I can tell (ie: wormhole stabilizers).

I may not be running under the banner of sovereignty, faction warfare, w-space etc, but that doesn't mean I don't have my own opinions.
    YouTube - LiveStream

You have my 4 votes prom.
    I'm not even going to read this thread but GL!
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

Double posting.
    I will whore your votes out to corpmates if you do something about ecm drones.
    I can deal with falcons. Somtimes. Doesn't mean they aren't the worst thing in eve atm though.
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post
    Double posting.
    I can deal with falcons. Somtimes. Doesn't mean they aren't the worst thing in eve atm though.
    ECM is on my platform, that includes the drones.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Double posting.
    ECM is on my platform, that includes the drones.
    I don't doubt it

What do you think of this suggestion about ECM from Celedris?: http://www.failheap-challenge.com/sh...d.php?p=293789

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    What do you think of this suggestion about ECM from Celedris?: http://www.failheap-challenge.com/sh...d.php?p=293789
    It's not a bad idea at all, however it would be very very tricky to balance let alone get CCP to try it out.
    YouTube - LiveStream

I think it exemplifies the kind of imaginative rethink that ECM needs. I'd love to know what know what Soundwave thought of it.

That is what I said, and he and I even discussed possible ways to make things better for the smaller groups of people who are a bit more permanent than the larger alliances.
    Go and ask him again what we talked about, and if doesn't mind, I'll even post the chat log.
    Yeah, Brent and I talked a few times about this. The stuff I find most disquieting is the stuff around requiring standing with the owning NPC corp to use NPC stations. It's just silly, particularly when you consider that most NPC in deep null are pirate stations. The rest isn't much better. NPC, whether in 0.0 or low-sec, is supposed to be neutral territory. Mittens might gripe about them being "safe" places to attack sov-holding alliances from. I'd argue that as long as a sov-holding alliance is nothing but another name for a "fucking blob", the smaller groups using the NPC stations, whether to attack the large alliances or to just live, are at sufficient disadvantage without heaping more disadvantages on them. Let's fix the sucking chest wounds first, shall we? NPC space ain't one of them.

As far as getting any information on my performance, you'll find that much of what I fight for is spaceships and spaceship mechanics.
    None of the CSM are really *big* into them. Hell, I even had to explain how some modules actually work..
    As I said, I'd like to have one other member of the CSM confirm this, that's all. Any of them will do. Get one of them to come into this thread, or your thread on the EVE-O forums, and say that you were instrumental in this or that. Right now, their silence when it comes to you is deafening.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Double posting.
    Defo this, if ECM drones are even just considered and put onto the minds of the devs that they might be overpowered you have my 4 votes. (Although I might need reminding when the voting is because I never remember when it comes to election times even in RL)

EDIT: Just read that other guys relook at what ECM does, that is quite an interesting idea. The idea I had thought of was reducing the amount of targets you could lock instead of completely removing your ability but actually having it as a Electronic Counter Measure(hurr) would be a very cool way of using ECM.

I guess with ECM Drones only having a small effect it would mean people would actually run with damage drones again \o/
    Last edited by Daco; February 11 2012 at 11:54:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i love you fhc, never change