hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T'amber for CSM7 - Putting the Adam back into Eve

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    As I said earlier, real life has priority over EVE. In June I was working 60 hours weeks and logged in two or three times over the course of the month. So while I knew the Jita riots were occurring, I wasn't then and am not now, in a position to speak on them. The sudden turn around is pretty easy to explain; I lost my job. Nothing more to it.
    If you're going to tell me those failings are the result of negligence, then you can simply toss off. I expect anyone else in a similar situation to do the same, and if not, they don't have their priorities straight..
    Fair point; I didn't mean to imply that internet spaceships should take priority over real life concerns. But consider this: By putting your name forward as a CSM candidate, you made a commitment that you'd be able to balance EVE and RL. Clearly, you were unable to do so. Is this a personal failing on your part? Of course not. Shit happens to everybody. But it did render you unsuitable for the position you were elected to.

There's no shame in that fact. Real world politicians resign all the time due to health or family reasons taking priority over the responsibilities of office. Nevertheless, if you're unable to find that balance between EVE and RL, no matter how legitimate your reasons, you are not a suitable CSM candidate. Presently, you're very active and vocal (and may have been at the summit, but I have no way of knowing that). Don't make the mistake of thinking this is "balance". I would classify it as "oversteering".
    Last edited by Steph; February 5 2012 at 07:48:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

I wouldn't say unsuitable, as I still delivered on what I said I would.

I was not at the emergency summit (which everyone went to) but I was at the December summit.
    It normally would not work out that way, but there were some last minute scheduling issues, so I was subbed in to go.

I'm not trying to call it balance or anything, but my accomplishments can't be ignored.
    Despite personal problems and changing priorities, I came through with what I said I would in a shortened span.
    I'd even go so far as to argue that I'm one of the few CSM folk (past & present) who actually achieved anything they had actually set out to do from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

I'm not trying to call it balance or anything, but my accomplishments can't be ignored.
    Despite personal problems and changing priorities, I came through with what I said I would in a shortened span.
    Again, fair point. The last couple of months do count for something. Unfortunately, so do the previous six.

Frankly, no matter what you've accomplished, I'd rather elect a CSM candidate that will accomplish things in his entire term, rather than the last few months of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Again, fair point. The last couple of months do count for something. Unfortunately, so do the previous six.

Frankly, no matter what you've accomplished, I'd rather elect a CSM candidate that will accomplish things in his entire term, rather than the last few months of it.
    Tell you what, re-elect me and I'll do the same amount, but spread it out over the entire term instead
    YouTube - LiveStream

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

Tell you what, re-elect me and I'll do the same amount, but spread it out over the entire term instead
    lol

I find it peculiar that you'd prefer a :lolcsm: dropout (no offense, your admissions) over a candidate that's been proven effective.
    who is this lolcsm drop out?

If you are refering to me, I didn't drop out - I was protesting and trying to make a point and both times I was in the csm it was serious. Unlike you guys who don't live in the middle of no-where, flying to Iceland was a pretty big deal for me, and I'd not been overseas in some time (even if it was 112hours total traveling to get there). Regardless why you think I "dropped out", why would someone give this up and their game just to because they were angry? I judged my value as a csm member and figured I'd do more good for the game trying to raise awareness to MTs than staying on (especially when there were so many capable people already there). I seriously doubt any other csm candidate would be so selfless and honest about their value in aid of their cause.
    Last edited by Cerbus; February 5 2012 at 08:58:54 AM.

Smuggo
    I'll vote for T'amber in the absence of any other candidate with a decent platform. You have my rifter sir.

Dropping out in protest is still dropping out
    Nobody forced your hand, you simply felt it was the best course of action.

As a candidate, people vote you in expecting you to deliver on your promises etc. Instead, you throw a fit (and the towel) and give up.
    While you weren't the first, nobody cares about how selfless & honest you guys were being. That doesn't help anyone, and is merely a weak attempt to look good in the eyes of the public.
    Those people who voted now lost their champion. Hell, you weren't even paying to play at the time.

The difference is that while I wasn't exactly active at the start of the term, it wasn't by choice.
    The difference is that the moment I got back, I was full steam ahead with no compromise.
    The difference is that I got the results I was looking for, and fulfilled my promises in the process.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Hey man I'm sorry I stumbled and knocked over and broke your flower vase. It wasn't by choice, so I shouldn't be held responsible.

Steph, you've made your point very clear but who are you trying to convince here? Prom is still going to run. And your values and analysis mean he won't get your vote. Doesn't mean others won't either.

I s'ppose you're right.

Ceasing shitting up this thread in 3...2...

Dropping out in protest is still dropping out
    Nobody forced your hand, you simply felt it was the best course of action.

As a candidate, people vote you in expecting you to deliver on your promises etc. Instead, you throw a fit (and the towel) and give up.
    While you weren't the first, nobody cares about how selfless & honest you guys were being. That doesn't help anyone, and is merely a weak attempt to look good in the eyes of the public.
    Those people who voted now lost their champion. Hell, you weren't even paying to play at the time.

The difference is that while I wasn't exactly active at the start of the term, it wasn't by choice.
    The difference is that the moment I got back, I was full steam ahead with no compromise.
    The difference is that I got the results I was looking for, and fulfilled my promises in the process.
    What do you mean not paying for my account? How else would I have been playing?
    Most of my voters knew what I was doing and they were consulted first and understood.

The fact of the matter was that it did have the effect that I wanted albiet a much smaller one than expected, but it was for a specific reason that was the biggest topic on my agenda.
    But yes the reasons don't matter do they and this is what I failed to grasp - its what it looks like to the majority that defines the truth.

Never said I was any good at politics, but I sure can make a mean scorpion right? right?
    Steph - you weren't shitting up the thread it was already shit to begin with - but your disourse with Prom is interesteing.

My mistake, I was misinformed about the account business
    And yes, you do make some pretty nice textures

As for the vase analogy..
    The good guy would offer to pay for / replace /fix it, which I'd argue is what I did during the latter portion of the term.
    Whether or not someone would accept the offer is something else entirely, but that's not up to me. It's entirely in the voters hands.

I'm simply trying to argue my case and show that I'm not hiding a ulterior motive or something.
    I fucked up and in the end, I delivered what was asked of me. Can't really ask for more than that from an unpaid space-politician.
    YouTube - LiveStream

My mistake, I was misinformed about the account business
    And yes, you do make some pretty nice textures

As for the vase analogy..
    The good guy would offer to pay for / replace /fix it, which I'd argue is what I did during the latter portion of the term.
    Whether or not someone would accept the offer is something else entirely, but that's not up to me. It's entirely in the voters hands.

I'm simply trying to argue my case and show that I'm not hiding a ulterior motive or something.
    I fucked up and in the end, I delivered what was asked of me. Can't really ask for more than that from an unpaid space-politician.
    You know the more you try an explain the truth the less people believe you
    While there is an expectation that you are present for the majority of meetings, to me you obviously care and that's enough for me to consider you a serious candidate.
    Now you just have to live with it and somehow navigate around the people who just can't accept that RL can be more important than EVE, even when you don't want it to be.

unless spaceships start paying for my bills
    YouTube - LiveStream

I thought you weren't going to go for CSM 7 T'Amber or did my awesome "You should run again for the lols" argument convince you to :P

Also love the internalising a really complicated situation in my head quote :P

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i love you fhc, never change

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Cutter View Post
    I thought you weren't going to go for CSM 7 T'Amber or did my awesome "You should run again for the lols" argument convince you to :P

Also love the internalising a really complicated situation in my head quote :P
    No one else got it. plebs.
    Yes its all your fault, pink ships and all.
    Last edited by Cerbus; February 7 2012 at 03:01:32 AM.

c.1800 participants still required.

Which of the following answers best describes how you feel about Ship Customisation?
    -I'd like to be able to customise my ship's visual appearance but not at the expense of server load(65.6%)
    -I'd like to be able to customise my ship's visual appearance and I don't care how its done or what it costs, aslong as it happens(21.7%)
    -I'm not interested in ship customisation but I don't mind if they introduced it to the game(8.3%)
    -I'm not interested in ship customisation, CCP's time would be best spent elsewhere.(4.3%)

Customisation Options
    -The colour options you can chose from to paint your ship should be restricted by the hulls class or race so that Eve's art integrity is left intact(49.0%)
    -There should be an unrestricted amount of colour options for repainting my ship(25.4%)
    -There should be an unrestricted amount of colour options for repainting my ship excluding colour reserved for t2 variants of that hull(17.8%)
    -Paint options should be restricted to pre-designed themes made by CCP staff Members(7.8%)

Customisation Availability
    -I should be able to customise any ship(81.4%)
    -Only T1 hulls should be able to have custom paintjobs(10.0%)
    -A limited amount of existing ships should be able to be customised(5.9%)
    -A new type or class of ship based off existing hulls should be created and only those can be customised(1.7%)
    -A new type or class of ship should be created and only they can be customised(0.9%)

Payment Methods
    -I should be able to pay for this service directly with isk(61.7%)
    -This service should not be restricted to a specific model(18.1%)
    -This service should use a mixed payment method(13.0%)
    -This service should cost Aurum only(6.8%)
    -This service should use a Plex payment model only(0.4%)

Ship Destruction
    -Ship destruction should completely destroy any custom designs applied to it(50.1%)
    -Ship destruction destroys the ship but not any custom designs applied to it, so they can be used on another ship later(49.9%)

Customisation and Design Rights
    -Everyone should have the same rights to designs and colouring options(53.3%)
    -Pilots, Corporations and Alliances should be able to buy the rights to a specific design with upkeep costs(46.7%)

Client Options
    -Pilots should be able to turn this feature off(58.2%)
    -Pilots should be able to turn off some features, but it should still be obvious that a ship has been customised(31.5%)
    -Pilots should not able to turn this feature off(10.3%)

The Market
    -Customised ships should be able to be sold or traded(77.3%)
    -Customised ships should not be able to be sold or traded(22.7%)

Manufacturing
    -You should only be able to design a custom ship from within a specially designed menu(33.6%)
    -I don't know how the mechanics of this feature would work, I trust CCP to figure it out(28.2%)
    -I should be able to customise my ship with new items that are tradable on the market, can be fit onto new slots on my ship, and created using normal manufacturing methods.(22.9%)
    -I don't care how its done as long as I can customise my ship(15.3%)
    Last edited by Cerbus; February 27 2012 at 11:37:00 PM.

holy shit you're such a faggot itt prom

and that's saying a ton considering it's t'ambers fucking thread

Quote Originally Posted by Intigo View Post
    holy shit you're such a faggot itt prom

and that's saying a ton considering it's t'ambers fucking thread
    prom is cool get your tongue out of t'ambers ass.