hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T'amber for CSM7 - Putting the Adam back into Eve

T'amber for CSM7 - Putting the Adam back into Eve

CSM Goals
    - Promote individual, as well as both Alliance and Corp identity through the use of logos and moderated paint based ship customisation coupled with complete control of options to negate client side lag.
    - Destroy apathy by inducing player and developer engagement.
    - Improve gameplay and reduce unnessecary repetition with intelligent, responsive interfaces and game processes.
    - Support and enable more player made content by creating an Event and Operations menu with supporting mechanics that allows players, corporations and alliances to create, organise, and expose their own public and private events.
    - Introduce automatic graphical load balancing keyed off client performance using either player defined or automatic profiles to reduce client side lag.
    More items of interest are listed in the post below.

Wheres the rest of my platform?
    If elected, throughout my term any player will be able to influence my platform/ agenda by taking part in constructive interactive surveys on my website. The results of which will decide my stance on topics and issues. Any player will be able to raise a topic for CSM discussion via the site and then through me.

TL;DR
    See the below for some of the topics on my agenda, pictures included.
    Once I've finished internalising a really complicated situation in my head I'll upload a Video, which is coming soon™

Ships

Client
    • Advanced "Advanced Camera Controls" - Paleeeease Eve is beautiful give us decent tools to view it :P
    • X,Y,Z location co-ordinates in Killmails
    • Slim Client - Only can be used when characters are docked in a station or outpost - No undocking, no ship spinning - only administration and non flying features like chat, market, skills, science and industry, corp management etc.
    • Give the map it's own floating and resizable window and then iterate it to a fully functioning tactical command menu
    • Quit to Character Selection Screen
    • Optional IP security check on login
    • Detachable Eve Windows
    • Scrolling Market Details
    • Show current jobs / maximum jobs in Science and Manufacturing menus
    • Live Feed Subscriptions (Scrolling bar on your screen with relevant data) for Corp, Alliance, News and Player Services, Notifications and Market Watchlists.
    • Store Fronts (Binned back in 2008 Investigating why)
    • Eve InStation Screen Saver - After a player set time the client closes all GUIs and then enacts a flyby of all their ships in station (or someone else's hangar if they make it public - ie Entity Museum)

Skills
    • Skill Training Time Dilation - Train multiple characters on one account with penalty time multipliers assigned based off how many characters are training at the same time (2 chars doubles training time, 3chars triples training time)
    • Skill queue and training control from within Eve Gate
    • Confirmation dialog when starting a skill on a pilot if there is another pilot on that account in training that gives you the option to pause training on the actively training one.
    • Automatic Skill pausing and restarting when clone jumping

Social

Graphics
    All these should be optional

Once I've finished internalising a really complicated situation in my head I'll add more things to my agenda.
    Video coming soon™

T'amber
    CSM4 Alternate
    CSM5 Alternate
    CSM6 Fail Candidate

Last edited by Cerbus; March 4 2012 at 02:53:15 AM.

Because these additions would make EVE a better game, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

cant you just give up already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Better than being inactive for the first six months of your term, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Better than being inactive for the first six months of your term, amirite?
    Nope, because I didn't propose, or argue for, silly frivolities in that period.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Or anything else for that matter.

But hey, that'll change when you're re-elected right?

Currently playing skill training online. But you spelled opportunities incorrectly.

Or anything else for that matter.
    But hey, that'll change when you're re-elected right?
    It was a terrible story tbh, but the fact that that's the only thing they picked up on is testament to how much attention some people actually give.
    Sreegs had just finished telling us a story that had happened to him that involved his poor driving habits & ridiculous police, my story was in the same vein but they only feel to mention the part about what I was driving.
    What you have here is a Mittens/Sreegs tagteam, making a spectacle out of nothing truly important or relevant.

Nobody is denying that I was pretty much awol for a couple of months.
    Poor timing IRL resulted in very little EVE-action, as I was working my ass off to keep a job that I ultimately lost.
    My entire summer was shot and I've nothing to show for it, both IRL & in EVE.

At the beginning of the term, the CSM was set to clean up CCPs mess. For one, it's not something I felt I personally had any major arguments for. I understood what CCP was trying to do, and why they failed, but I didn't have any specific solutions that the others hadn't already proposed and argued for. I chimed in here and there when I had something to say; Aurum is shit, gold ammo is bad etc etc, but when the time came where I could reinvest into EVE, I made my presence known.

I know where my input matters most, and I stick to it. Unlike some other members who may sperg out with no actual content to their arguments, on a subject they know nothing about.
    I'm not the person you want arguing for new sovereignty, so I'm not going to make that a priority for myself.
    I'm not the person you want working towards wormhole tweaks, but I know that certain things are bad ideas (wormhole stabilizers, lol).
    I know spaceships, and with the exception of capital warfare, I know how spaceships & related mechanics work in EVE. This is what I work for, and this is what I was successful with during CSM6.
    Feel free to ask the CSM what they thought of my input, what I argued for, what I promoted, and what I succeeded with. Since I returned I'd been in constant contact with the team via forums & skype, pushing for changes, badgering for responses, and arguing solutions. In fact the majority of my platform from the 6th election not only made it through to CCP, but is now live on TQ for all to enjoy and/or complain about.

So, do I have much of a defense for those first few months? No.
    But consider this; If it took me 4 months (September - December) to get the ball rolling on, and argue for, those major changes, think of what can be done now that said ball has some momentum.
    Last edited by prometheus; February 4 2012 at 09:30:00 PM.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Poor timing IRL resulted in very little EVE-action, as I was working my ass off to keep a job that I ultimately lost.
    My entire summer was shot and I've nothing to show for it, both IRL & in EVE.

At the beginning of the term, the CSM was set to clean up CCPs mess. For one, it's not something I felt I personally had any major arguments for. I understood what CCP was trying to do, and how they failed, but I didn't have any specific solutions that the others hadn't already proposed and argued for.
    Hm. Let me consider this in conjunction with your assertion that "just about everything on [your] platform was achieved in one term". Sounds to me like the rest of the CSM did it for you. We should re-elect them instead!

Or maybe not. Your previous post would seem to indicate that you'd prefer a do-nothing CSM to a "frivolous" CSM, after all.

EDIT ADDENDUM:

Since I returned I'd been in constant contact with the team via forums & skype, pushing for changes, badgering for responses, and arguing solutions. In fact the majority of my platform from the 6th election not only made it through to CCP, but is now live on TQ for all to enjoy and/or complain about.
    Yes, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the looming re-elections. What you do, not what you say.
    Last edited by Steph; February 4 2012 at 09:35:10 PM.

But consider this; If it took me 4 months (September - December) to get the ball rolling on, and argue for, those major changes, think of what can be done now that said ball has some momentum.
    Did you get alot of greif for this? Theres been csms where members have been completely awol and neary a word was mentioned - even when they were obviously out for "free trips"
    While the quality of the CSM is much greater than then and people take it much more seriously, I think most people understand that there is life outside of Eve - I've not heard anyone that follows the CSM critising you. Regardless of who was responsible for your issues being acheived its kinda irrelevant, the effect is the same - they're done.

The first couple months of the term consisted of the CSM putting CCP back on track to working on spaceships.
    Nothing truly specific, mostly "get your ass out of the fashion department and fix your goddamn game".

Now, can I prove to you that any of this was my handiwork? No, there are NDAs covering that.
    You're just going to have to take my word for it, or you can go ahead and believe the inevitable smear machines.
    I'm sure it's just a matter of chance that I'm the only one who was rallying for those changes in my platform, and they ended up being done.
    You're probably right, I had nothing to do with any of it

And yes, I'd rather have a CSM doing nothing than distracting from the main purpose of solving major issues of the game.
    I'd go so far as to say that DariusIII or Krutoj would be more effective than someone working to have the above platform processed.

Quote Originally Posted by t'amber View Post
    Did you get alot of greif for this? Theres been csms where members have been completely awol and neary a word was mentioned - even when they were obviously out for "free trips"
    While the quality of the CSM is much greater than then and people take it much more seriously, I think most people understand that there is life outside of Eve - I've not heard anyone that follows the CSM critising you. Regardless of who was responsible for your issues being acheived its kinda irrelevant, the effect is the same - they're done.
    For one, I was never in it for the free trips. I know it's pretty cliché to say that, however not only was I an alternate, but I didn't even go to the emergency summit when everyone went.
    As much as I love spaceships and EVE, RL has priority. It was merely poor timing, and I expect anyone in a similar situation to do the same. It isn't quite the same as contributing nothing during the term and then actually withdrawing from the CSM entirely. When I got back I was questioned a bit, but the questions stopped when I started contributing with volume.
    Last edited by prometheus; February 4 2012 at 11:26:19 PM.
    YouTube - LiveStream

The first couple months of the term consisted of the CSM putting CCP back on track to working on spaceships.
    Nothing truly specific, mostly "get your ass out of the fashion department and fix your goddamn game".

Now, can I prove to you that any of this was my handiwork? No, there are NDAs covering that.
    You're just going to have to take my word for it, or you can go ahead and believe the inevitable smear machines.
    I'm sure it's just a matter of chance that I'm the only one who was rallying for those changes in my platform, and they ended up being done.
    You're probably right, I had nothing to do with any of it

And yes, I'd rather have a CSM doing nothing than distracting from the main purpose of solving major issues of the game.
    I'd go so far as to say that DariusIII or Krutoj would be more effective than someone working to have the above platform processed.

Quote Originally Posted by t'amber View Post
    For one, I was never in it for the free trips. I know it's pretty cliché to say that, however not only was I an alternate, but I didn't even go to the emergency summit when everyone went.
    As much as I love spaceships and EVE, RL has priority. It was merely poor timing, and I expect anyone in a similar situation to do the same. It isn't quite the same as contributing nothing during the term and then actually withdrawing from the CSM entirely. When I got back I was questioned a bit, but the questions stopped when I started contributing with volume.
    I didn't mean to insinuate that you were out for free trips, just saying there were people who did do it for those reasons and it was just a joke for most.
    Since CSM became serious I guess people are being much more critical - I mean, I missed meetings and got greif, but no-one thought to think that I did turn up to most, even though they were at 4am in the morning for me

Since I returned I'd been in constant contact with the team via forums & skype, pushing for changes, badgering for responses, and arguing solutions. In fact the majority of my platform from the 6th election not only made it through to CCP, but is now live on TQ for all to enjoy and/or complain about.
    Yes, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the looming re-elections. What you do, not what you say.
    Damn, you figured me out. My thought process in September clearly was that I needed to be re-elected to the CSM so I could continue to not play EVE, contribute nothing once more, and not travel anywhere.
    Yep, that sounds like me alright! Feel free to ignore everything that I actually did, because none of it actually happened. It's not like I hadn't worked my ass off to make up for lost time or anything
    YouTube - LiveStream

Yep, that sounds like me alright! Feel free to ignore everything that I actually did, because none of it actually happened. It's not like I hadn't worked my ass off to make up for lost time or anything
    By your own admission, I have only your word that the changes comprising "just about everything" on your platform came about through your work. Your word, mind, following a conspicuous 6-month silence. Remind me, where were you during the Jita riots?

So pardon me if I meet your sudden about-face with a hint of skepticism. I'd offer that, if shown conclusive proof of your handiwork, I'd revise my opinion, but honestly if I were you I wouldn't worry that much about what some random wackjob on FHC thinks/says, so I'm probably not going to see it.
    Last edited by Steph; February 5 2012 at 01:27:10 AM.

Couple = 2 months.

Few = 3 months.

But consider this; If it took me 4 months (September - December) to get the ball rolling...
    September - April (when you were elected) = 5 months.

You might want to get your story straight on how long you were ignoring CSM6.

As for you T'Amber, safe to say you're just running as :lolcsm: candidate again? Your post seems to indicate that.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Couple = 2 months.

Few = 3 months.

But consider this; If it took me 4 months (September - December) to get the ball rolling...

As for you T'Amber, safe to say you're just running as :lolcsm: candidate again? Your post seems to indicate that.
    Without my Ships of Eve fanbois the likelyhood of actually getting votes based off anything practical I can bring to the CSM (apart from ideas) is rather limited.
    But the plan is to actually run on a platform revolving around some simple ideas rather than everything, but more for entertainment purposes than actually trying to get on the CSM. The distance and my lifestyle/ workload can't really handle the times of meetings nor any trips to Iceland either which is what I tell myself when I sleep at night. As with prom a large number of the things I really wanted to see have already come into game in some form during the last 3 CSM terms and the candidates are of a much higher quality now anyway. Pretty happy with the current team actually, even the Mittani.

Lulz: always a valid reason to enter politics.

Blah blah blah tapatalk
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

No doubt he'll get the required 100 Likes regardless, amirite?

No doubt he'll get the required 100 Likes regardless, amirite?
    pink ships!

By your own admission, I have only your word that the changes comprising "just about everything" on your platform came about through your work. Your word, mind, following a conspicuous 6-month silence. Remind me, where were you during the Jita riots?

So pardon me if I meet your sudden about-face with a hint of skepticism. I'd offer that, if shown conclusive proof of your handiwork, I'd revise my opinion, but honestly if I were you I wouldn't worry that much about what some random wackjob on FHC thinks/says, so I'm probably not going to see it.
    Yes, you really only have my word. If they are trying to get onto the CSM, it's unlikely that any of the other re-elects are going to have much positive candor say about anyone during the voting process, without being provoked.

As I said earlier, real life has priority over EVE. In June I was working 60 hours weeks and logged in two or three times over the course of the month. So while I knew the Jita riots were occurring, I wasn't then and am not now, in a position to speak on them. The sudden turn around is pretty easy to explain; I lost my job. Nothing more to it.
    If you're going to tell me those failings are the result of negligence, then you can simply toss off. I expect anyone else in a similar situation to do the same, and if not, they don't have their priorities straight.

Couple = 2 months.
    Few = 3 months.
    I was around, albeit not participating in any measurable capacity. At any rate, it's not exactly relevant considering how I delivered and then some.
    If my entire term was a wash, in which I neither fulfilled my goals, never withdrew, and then ran again.. Then you'd have an argument. That's not what happened, and therefore you don't.

If following through on my promises, despite my personal hiccup, isn't enough for a re-election.. then really nobody on any CSM should have ever been re-elected.

I find it peculiar that you'd prefer a :lolcsm: dropout (no offense, your admissions) over a candidate that's been proven effective.
    Hell, I'm sure if Vuk decided to run again there would a good number of you right on his ass cheering him on, despite his complete contribution-free abandonment from the CSM.
    The same thing applies for people like Larkonis. He broke the NDA, violating CCP/CSM/Player trust in the process, yet people were ready and willing to vote for him once more should he run again.
    Last edited by prometheus; February 5 2012 at 07:58:44 AM.
    YouTube - LiveStream