hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Dev Blog] candidacy period for csm7 to open soon!

[Dev Blog] candidacy period for csm7 to open soon!

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3386

reported by CCP Diagoras | 2012.01.25 14:13:07 | NEW | Comments
    The sixth Council of Stellar Management’s term is due to end on April 4th, and as such it’s now time to start up the machine that is the CSM election cycle!

CSM election results announced at Fanfest 2010

This CSM term will see a change to the election process where upon being approved by CCP, the candidates must prove a certain level of support in order to be included in the final candidate list. This initial nomination stage will be assessed based on the number of “likes” given to the initial post for that candidate’s forum thread; if the number exceeds 100 then they will be included in the final list.

The schedule for the elections is as follows:

February 8th to 22nd – Candidacy application period opens
    February 22nd – Publication of the list of approved candidates; nomination stage begins
    February 29th – List of candidates who passed nomination stage published
    March 7th – Voting opens
    March 21st – Voting closes
    March 24th – Results announced during Fanfest keynote.
    April 4th – CSM 7 take office
    April 3rd, 2013 – CSM 8 take office

The requirements to be able to run as a candidate in the CSM7 elections are as follows:

• You must have an active EVE Online account that is older than 30 days.
    • You must be aged 21 years or older as of April 4th, 2012.
    • You must provide your address and an e-mail address where you can be reached, which will not be made public.
    • You must provide a scan or reasonable quality photograph of a valid passport to verify your identity and that you can travel internationally to the CCP HQ in Reykjavik, Iceland.
    • You must be willing and able to sign a non-disclosure agreement with CCP as the CSM are regularly provided with information that is not for public release.
    • You must be willing for your real name and country of residence to be made public alongside your character name on the EVE Online website. No other personal details required for candidacy will be made public.
    • You must provide a reasonable campaign message stating your reasons for running, in no more than 200 words.
    • You must have up to date and accurate account ownership information on all of your EVE Online accounts.
    • You should be willing to actively engage in forum and chat room style discussions with CCP and the other members of the CSM.
    • In addition to the above in accordance with the CSM white paper, any serious violations of the EVE Online EULA may void your eligibility to run. All applications will result in an audit of the accounts belonging to the applicant. In cases where EULA violations have occurred, the application will be assessed on the basis of the severity of the violation and the length of time since the violation occurred. More information on candidate eligibility can be found in the CSM white paper.

Should you have any queries regarding the CSM election process, please head over to the comments thread or if you would like more private issues addressed, you can contact us via e-mail at csm-contact@ccpgames.com.

- CCP Diagoras

Figured I would post this, because historically CCP doesn't bother to document the key dates anywhere else but in the first "CSM elections upcoming" dev blog and they get lost in the shuffle.
    Last edited by Mynxee; January 25 2012 at 06:53:41 PM.

Mynxee - Please run for CSM 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Haha, <3 but hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Haha, <3 but hell no.

prom4csm7
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    prom4csm7
    Sure why not +4 vote.

only one i care for & about is lark

so mittens running again, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    so mittens running again, yeah?
    Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RoemySchneider View Post
    Not going to happen ever I'm afraid. And even if I were allowed I don't think I could spare the time anymore, and these days I find interacting with the proles such a chore (although going off CSM 6's track record communication with the working classes is discouraged).

I'll be keeping this post updated as CSM6 members announce themselves as running or not running:

CSM6 Incumbents

As of right now, UAxDEATH, Mittens, Seleene, Trebor, Meissa, and Two step have announced and confirmed that they're running.

Prom, does the post above comprise an official announcement that you're running?
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Indeed I am. Just about everything that I had on my platform was achieved in the one term, so it'd be interesting to see what else can be done.
    Mittani plans to get a larger goon vote, so unless people are actually in goonswarm, I can't see him actually needing any extra votes
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RoemySchneider View Post
    Not going to happen ever I'm afraid. And even if I were allowed I don't think I could spare the time anymore, and these days I find interacting with the proles such a chore (although going off CSM 6's track record communication with the working classes is discouraged).
    booh

what i get from this thread is that people who are tremendous babbys are still upset at the idea of me being chair, and so i will relish it all the more as i look down on them from a veritable mountain of votes

unironically wondering if i can break 10k this year

Quote Originally Posted by a mitten View Post
    what i get from this thread is that people who are tremendous babbys are still upset at the idea of me being chair, and so i will relish it all the more as i look down on them from a veritable mountain of votes

unironically wondering if i can break 10k this year
    with how well test's candidate turned out, I wouldnt be surprised if you did.

Smuggo
    Dunno who I'll vote for but won't be any of the current CSM as they've proven themselves to be fucking awful and out of touch.

I guess it depends if anyone's gonna be running on a small-gang/corp basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Dunno who I'll vote for but won't be any of the current CSM as they've proven themselves to be fucking awful and out of touch.

if by 'out of touch' you mean 'got a bunch of shit done, owned everything, ignored babbys on failheap', yep

by definition us having all these lovely votes means that we're the ones in touch, and you're a voice in the wilderness

Is this the lolmittens thread ?
    Why yes, yes it is!
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by a mitten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

if by 'out of touch' you mean 'got a bunch of shit done, owned everything, ignored babbys on failheap', yep

by definition us having all these lovely votes means that we're the ones in touch, and you're a voice in the wilderness
    Not really. What percentage of the total electorate actually voted for you Alex?

What percentage voted at all?

You're out of touch because you, and all of you colleagues on the CSM represent space empires in some shape or form. Your views don't represent those who choose to engage in different aspects of the game from your alliances. About the closest you get is Prom but even then he represents the Hydra block which sits at the upper end of the game and people who are flush with tournament prizes and also out of touch with the game's grass roots.

I'd like to see a highsec candidate or two, or a small corp candidate etc... who represent the people that don't get represented under the current system because of the inevitable vote split which large powerblocks like yours don't suffer from.

are you channeling akjon ferguson now?

ALEX

HEY ALEX

it makes sense, your posting is about on his level