hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 239 of 249 FirstFirst ... 139189229236237238239240241242 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 4973

Thread: What Video Card can i exchange my kidneys for? [2021]

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Which also provides immunity to inflation, which seems pretty valuable right now.
    Isn't that somewhat countered by the volatility? Sure, sure, immune to inflation but how does that matter if it drops 80 % in a few months? For those poor souls who bought BTC in November of last year and have lost 80 % of their investment, I doubt immunity to the highest inflation in 20 years is much of a comfort.
    Short term: yes, although not quite as extreme as the picture you're painting. It's currently down 69% of the all-time-high last November by my calculations (we're already up 21% from the lowest point this year).

It's also currently up 36% from November 2020, a year earlier. And 182% up from November 2019 and 436% up from November 2018, etc. Over longer periods of time it has always been beating inflation by a huge amount.

An asset that exhibits price volatility of that scale is not a useful hedge against inflation. It's useful for speculation at best. You might as well suggest that investing in a diamond prospecting operation is a good hedge against inflation because the potential returns are very high if they discover a huge new kimberlite pipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I've found a couple of online shops that have the RX 6700 XT cards in stock for around ~475€, which is, basically, MSRP? (most online retailers in still stock it at over 600€ smh)

I'm on the fence whether I should submit (currently rocking a GTX 1070)
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

3080 ti's ar eon sale new for less than £1k on amazon. Which is decent relatively speaking.

I have a 6700XT which I upgraded to from a Vega 64, so a similar performance jump from that you'd get from a 1070. If you're running a 1440p screen I'd say you'd notice the performance uplift but if you're at 1080p I'd hold off.

I'd look at the second hand market though, Sapphire Nitro cards and XFX 319's should be your main objects to go for.

Meanwhile Microcentre has the 3080ti on offer at $799.

Christ we get fucked hard.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    I have a 6700XT which I upgraded to from a Vega 64, so a similar performance jump from that you'd get from a 1070. If you're running a 1440p screen I'd say you'd notice the performance uplift but if you're at 1080p I'd hold off.

I'd look at the second hand market though, Sapphire Nitro cards and XFX 319's should be your main objects to go for.
    I have a 3080 FE and I think its the perfect card for hiugh end 1440p gaming, i am getting 100fps+ in most games.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    My main Pcie slot has randomly died.

I've managed to shoehorn in a passive single slot Radeon R5 230 (a rebadged HD 6450), in the third slot.

Halp!
    Dead motherboard slot? What CPU do you have? I may have a spare x470 board but no real way to package it. I would have to acquire packaging material.
    Much appreciated mate, but i'll pick something up later. I've got my old i5-3550 box, if i need to scratch my gaming-itch.
    This is going nowhere, I'm ordering a new mobo.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

OCUK have a 6900XT up for £750 (or another £39 for the Sapphire Nitro Toxic) and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strongly tempted to buy it before things turn to shit.

It'd pair up nicely with this big chonk https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigab...mo-00l-gi.html

That's an amazing deal compared to nearly anything from the past 3 years. The only thing I'd caution about is that the 6800 and 6900 series fall off more than you might think at 4k. They're 1440p monsters, though.

Yeah that's why I wanted to hold out for RDNA3. But it is a good price, available (for pre-order) now NB: basically the same deal is available on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Ra.../dp/B08RWZLDPN

Do I need to enable resized BAR for my 5800x and 3080FE? It is an option on my bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Do I need to enable resized BAR for my 5800x and 3080FE? It is an option on my bios.
    You don't have to but it will give you a free performance boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Or performance drop depending on game.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Or performance drop depending on game.
    Performance drops are more common with Nvidia cards aparantly.

Just upgraded my BIOS to accomodate for an R5 5600 that was on sale and finally got around to enable ResBar. Horizon Zero Dawn got a 15% bost at 1440p compared to off. Was not expecting that tbh. That's a whole tier upgrade.

Apparently that's at the upper end of what BAR can do. Some game/card combos get essentially zero benefit. The average seems to be in the 5% zone, or was when it suddenly got press, IDK if games devs have taken better advantage of it since.

It appears to be huge with Intels A380. The card is basically unusable without it.

TBH I don't see why everyone is disappointed with Intel's first GPU since the 740, it's pretty much exactly what I expected. Spotty/uneven performance and a bit more powerdraw than I'd like. Work out a few kinks, release a card that runs on PCIE power only and you'd have the best HTPC card on the market thanks to its media engine. Not too shabby for a first try IMO.

Edit: I'm just talking about the drivers. The software package is, according to Gamers Nexus, beyond trash.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; August 2 2022 at 05:12:27 PM.

Rumour has it that Intel's software division tried to cheap out by adapting their iGPU drivers and things Did Not Go Well.

Also where my 7700XT at. Let my buy new video card so I can forget all about how PC hardware works and shit for another half decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Rumour has it that Intel's software division tried to cheap out by adapting their iGPU drivers and things Did Not Go Well.

Also where my 7700XT at. Let my buy new video card so I can forget all about how PC hardware works and shit for another half decade.
    Next year.

I like me not this news. Bring me better news!