hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 243 of 249 FirstFirst ... 143193233240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 4973

Thread: What Video Card can i exchange my kidneys for? [2021]

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Could someone link their favorite graphics card ranking list?
    I used to have a link for one which had a gigantic list of all cards since the stone age, but I can't find it anymore.
    Not even sure if that would be useful, but a ranked list with the last 5 years would be nice.
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/
    I think I'm too dumb for this list. It sorts a RX 580 above a RTX3070 Ti?? That can't be right, right?

I used to have a link for one which had a gigantic list of all cards since the stone age, but I can't find it anymore.
    Not even sure if that would be useful, but a ranked list with the last 5 years would be nice.
    I think I'm too dumb for this list. It sorts a RX 580 above a RTX3070 Ti?? That can't be right, right?
    .. but below a 3070 standard.
    3090 below 3080.
    yeah it probably needs a sort / refrence point.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Uhm, it shows a 580 as having 35% of the general performance of a 3070ti

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...-3070-ti.c3675
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Uhm, it shows a 580 as having 35% of the general performance of a 3070ti

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...-3070-ti.c3675
    Ahh, i think i understand now how this site works. You first need to select one card, and *then* you have a list that compares to that card.
    The initial view is just a (random?) set of often looked at cards.

I don't know how the front page list is arranged; I vaguely suspect it's based on a weighted list of searches or uploads or something. But yes, that's how one uses the comparison feature..
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Cosmin needs these things explained, though. One tries to help.
    You are seriously underestimating how devious NVIDIA is. There is no reason in hell that they put out the 4080 12GB if not to then unveil a 4070 as well, priced as a 3070 was but likely being just a 3070 with a 4 instead of a 3 written in crayon.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    You are seriously underestimating how devious NVIDIA is. There is no reason in hell that they put out the 4080 12GB if not to then unveil a 4070 as well, priced as a 3070 was but likely being just a 3070 with a 4 instead of a 3 written in crayon.
    Good of you to explain that for me

I'm looking at the disservice AD are doing with the Zen4 Ryzen5 chips, where a CPU, Board and memory will set you back a grand.

If you think AMD are going to undercut NVIDIA by anything significant i think you are dreaming. The DNA launch proved they are just a full of bullshit as everyone else with their "we have warehouses full of stock lol" posturing.

My hopes rest more on the larger vendors needing to get rid of inventory of "old" cards when the new gen come out.
    Use-card market is risky, but might have some nice deals too. only question is, how log to wait.

Going to wait for RDNA 3 launch, but at this point probably leaning towards trying to get a current gen card if they start getting discounted.

4000-series just seems like a crazy price jump and unless 7000-series is cheaper and less power nuts...yeah, 3000 or 6000 series is looking like the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    unless 7000-series is cheaper and less power nuts.
    So. Um....

I don't know how the front page list is arranged; I vaguely suspect it's based on a weighted list of searches or uploads or something. But yes, that's how one uses the comparison feature..
    The title of the table ("Popular") probably gives a clue. I'm guessing that it's sorted by most popular comparison choices in the last x days or so.

One tries to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I'm looking at the disservice AD are doing with the Zen4 Ryzen5 chips, where a CPU, Board and memory will set you back a grand.

If you think AMD are going to undercut NVIDIA by anything significant i think you are dreaming. The DNA launch proved they are just a full of bullshit as everyone else with their "we have warehouses full of stock lol" posturing.
    I feel the whole PC market seems to be going to go tits up. The energy crisis combined with ridiculous hardware prices may be an ELE for home computing and in 10 years' time we'll all be sporting Chromebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

I feel the whole PC market seems to be going to go tits up. The energy crisis combined with ridiculous hardware prices may be an ELE for home computing and in 10 years' time we'll all be sporting Chromebooks.
    Nothing wrong with chrome books, as long as I can install linux on it.
    It's possible though. Subscribtion services for cars you "bought" is a pointer in that direction. But i cannot imagine that it will kill the whole market.
    Shrink it ? possible. complete colapse of PC and components? No. not that soon anyway. (baring a complete collapse, which is still in the cards for the next 30 years.)

This doesn't look good... Lovelace need ATX 3.0. And ATX 3.0 looks pretty screwed up.

If you don't want to be in the consumer GPU market, Nvidia, you don't have to be. You can just stop instead of playing those weird games.

3090 acquired, tbh screw the current gen power requirements. I don't want my power bill to be even more than it is now (which is already not little).

I'm happy as a clam since I also paid a fair price for it in the context of the new gen coming out and it's still a monster. Finally I can run my simulations without running out of VRAM.

Too early...