hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 249 of 254 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5063

Thread: What Video Card can i exchange my kidneys for? [2021]

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    The thing is that anyone prepared to spend $1500 on a 4080 will be prepared to spend $2000 on a 4090 that does actually have about 25-30% more performance. So why settle for the 4080?

While people who actually care about value won't buy either.

Basically Nvidia are 'halo pricing' their whole range.
    I'm 100% sure they will cut prices after AMD cards debut.
    NVIDIA never cuts prices, I'm unsure why on every generation there is this discussion.
    What? Was 30xx your first gfx card? Until last gen supply drought they always cut prices around each other offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    FE cards aren't sold in Europe as far as I'm aware. Never seen one listed at the larger retailers anyway.
    I thought that they were sold by Nvidia on their website in the US. Did they sell them at stores as well?
    In the U.K., when they show as in stock on nvidia's website, the link takes you to a special page on Scan's site.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    FE cards aren't sold in Europe as far as I'm aware. Never seen one listed at the larger retailers anyway.
    I thought that they were sold by Nvidia on their website in the US. Did they sell them at stores as well?
    In the U.K., when they show as in stock on nvidia's website, the link takes you to a special page on Scan's site.
    So they have one distributor for the UK? That's fine imho. If they would seed them to all dealers I would have dropped nvidia as a gpu manufacturer.
    nevar forget

The thing is that anyone prepared to spend $1500 on a 4080 will be prepared to spend $2000 on a 4090 that does actually have about 25-30% more performance. So why settle for the 4080?

NVIDIA never cuts prices, I'm unsure why on every generation there is this discussion.
    What? Was 30xx your first gfx card? Until last gen supply drought they always cut prices around each other offerings.
    Vendors may have cut some prices at certain points in time but iirc NVIDIA and their integrators never cut prices themselves at any point in time. They built a good brand name over the decade+ since the last competitive AMD offerings and they held the top end crown and that is how it has been. Granted my last GPU before the 3090 was a Titan X (2015), thus in the past 7 years I may have missed obvious price cuts but honestly 10-20$ on a midrange or entry level is literally peanuts, it doesn't really count as "cut prices".

But you can double down on your rhetoric and "wa bla price cuts" when 4090s can't be had for under 2000 EUR (which is significantly over MSRP) and 4080s hit shelves for confirmed 1500$. I'm sure in your mind it all makes sense (btw in my country at least 3080/3090 Ti/nonTi have exactly the same prices as this spring. I've still yet to see those huge stocks that need clearing at super prices except the 3090Ti FE posted by Equium above. Please, feel free to further contradict me, but please at least open an online store offering once in a while, see what is available at which prices outside your own fantasy dreamland.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Vendors may have cut some prices at certain points in time but iirc NVIDIA and their integrators never cut prices themselves at any point in time. They built a good brand name over the decade+ since the last competitive AMD offerings and they held the top end crown and that is how it has been. Granted my last GPU before the 3090 was a Titan X (2015), thus in the past 7 years I may have missed obvious price cuts but honestly 10-20$ on a midrange or entry level is literally peanuts, it doesn't really count as "cut prices".
    Wrong. Most recent one was for example was of 3090 and 3090ti you just bought.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nvidia+msrp+cut

Add any chip number you want to check.
    Last edited by rufuske; November 20 2022 at 11:06:16 PM.

They're going to have to cut the 4080's price a lot to make it remotely good value. More likely they'd relaunch it as a slightly cut down version with essentially the same performance and call it a 4070 super ultra whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Wrong. Most recent one was for example was of 3090 and 3090ti you just bought.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nvidia+msrp+cut

Add any chip number you want to check.
    Ok, so I finally understand where you're coming from. A price cut from MSRP that's shown by Google rarely translates in actually lower prices in the store.

Used prices -> yes. (also, I bought mine from a friend, it was a review sample and it was still an amazing price even considering your google search, thank you for confirming that).

My point was that prices in store have not been dropped below MSRP. Cheapest 3090 I can find in stock, in a store, right now, in the country I live in - translates to 1575 EUR. And that's the cheapest. The only 3090Ti in stock is 4040 EUR.

Cheapest 4090 here is 2323 EUR with the most expensive (Suprim X) being 4548 EUR.

Again, these are in stock items in stores. Please do link me with a 3090 or 3090 Ti in stock in Europe that have those price cuts you googled so pedantly.

Release MSRP of the 3090ti was $1999, right? I can buy one today from NVidia for £1149 - looks like there is not much inventory of 3090s left though (the 3090 and 3090ti ranges have already been delisted on Overclockers).
    https://www.scan.co.uk/products/nvid...2-core-1860mhz

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Release MSRP of the 3090ti was $1999, right? I can buy one today from NVidia for £1149 - looks like there is not much inventory of 3090s left though (the 3090 and 3090ti ranges have already been delisted on Overclockers).
    The watercooled 3090Ti for the same price on Scan was in stock this morning, now sold out though.

£1149 is $1365.67, when you add taxes and shipping you're looking at at least $1707 - which is indeed less than $1999 however it's not nowhere near a 50% reduction in price as Google insists on convincing us of. A lot of hardware indeed has been tried to be sold at a 1:1 parity USD to GBP/EUR, so I suppose that if a 3090Ti was at any point in time £1999 it is a good price cut indeed (I don't think it ever was but I wasn't looking at that so I can be wrong there).

Again, looking at my previous post, the EU prices are insane (UK ones mildly less so), and I cannot understand why people insist on drumming on about ridiculous price cuts for new hardware whilst they live in the EU. Also stocks are/have been depleted quite quickly even when the prices haven't been decent at all.

The price I gave includes taxes and domestic shipping is free, so nothing to add. The original UK RRP on the same basis was £1879.
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; November 23 2022 at 07:44:02 AM.

The price I gave includes taxes and domestic shipping is free, so nothing to add. The original UK RRP on the same basis was £1879.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    You misunderstood what I was trying to convey*, but indeed with the OG MSRP being at 1879 that is indeed a good price cut!

Also I would also compare this to the 3090 MSRP rather than the 3090Ti MSRP since 3090Ti brings low single digits improvements but that's just moving the goalposts. IMO the 3090Ti was severely overpriced to begin with.

*MSRP for 3090Ti was $1999.
    The price you mentioned for the 3090Ti is £1149. Converting to USD that is $1365. Because UK doesn't deal in USD I was assuming this would be the price from an US supplier, adding in tax and shipping would have yielded $1707. I also did not have my coffee and my logic was pretty unintelligible to begin with

US MSRP doesn't typically include taxes or shipping. U.K. prices have looked a lot like US MSRP for a while because the dollar exchange rate has been in the region of 1.2-1.3 for a few years now and VAT is 20% here, so you get a close to 1:1 conversion.

XTX reviews are starting to land - this is the TLDR:

Both cards acquit themselves well in actual games, too. In titles with no ray-tracing features included or enabled, there's not a single one of our tests where the RTX 4080 can beat the RX 7900 XTX. The 7900 XT is*usually*behind the RTX 4080, but it generally keeps it close.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

The XTX seems to have some hideous idle power issues and weird cases where it draws way too much power in a particular game, but is overall a really good card. It's a shame that AMD didn't up their RT game though, they've just done enough to keep up with their overall performance uplift, so it's still a massive hit compared to NVIDIA.
    I've had idle power issues twice before with my 6700 XT as well when it refused to downclock the memory. It was a driver issue that went away and I expect this to be the same.

The XTX seems to have some hideous idle power issues and weird cases where it draws way too much power in a particular game, but is overall a really good card. It's a shame that AMD didn't up their RT game though, they've just done enough to keep up with their overall performance uplift, so it's still a massive hit compared to NVIDIA.
    I've had idle power issues twice before with my 6700 XT as well when it refused to downclock the memory. It was a driver issue that went away and I expect this to be the same.

Edit. Techpowerup has the 7900XTX idling at 13W so it's definetly a driver issue.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; December 12 2022 at 05:05:54 PM.

There's apparently a lot of driver issues, crashes included. Looks like driver team could use few more weeks to iron things out. If nvidia won't cut 3080 prices in response, I'll be getting one once drivers issues are solved.

ordered a 7900 xtx

pray for my soul

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    AMD have a stumbling block still - terrible terrible dirver behaviour.

For their iGPUs and their dGPUs - I've had every single one that has gone out to users have driver issues requiring 5-10 minute full driver reinstalls, sometimes repeatedly across both users at work and friends and family. It's not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres